Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Serve (De La Soul)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

First Serve (De La Soul) Empty
PostSubject: First Serve (De La Soul)   First Serve (De La Soul) Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2012, 1:24 pm

Anybody heard it? Thoughts and ratings?

I have listened to it twice and I like it. Its a concept album and very well put together unlike Undun.

Lyrics= B+
Production= B+
Subjects= B-
Originality= A
Entertainment= B-
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: First Serve (De La Soul)   First Serve (De La Soul) Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2012, 1:36 pm

It's somewhere around 3.5-4.0 stars for me. I like the album, but it's also nothing that i feel the urge to play often so it loses points on lack of replay value.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: First Serve (De La Soul)   First Serve (De La Soul) Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2012, 1:39 pm

T. Myers wrote:
It's somewhere around 3.5-4.0 stars for me. I like the album, but it's also nothing that i feel the urge to play often so it loses points on lack of replay value.

I can see that. Thats why I gave the entertainment a B-. It may actually be closer to a C+ of course. Most concept albums do not have high replay value since these albums usually stick to only one theme.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: First Serve (De La Soul)   First Serve (De La Soul) Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2012, 2:03 pm

Tic706 wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

I can see that. Thats why I gave the entertainment a B-. It may actually be closer to a C+ of course. Most concept albums do not have high replay value since these albums usually stick to only one theme.

Yeah, that's part of its problem. The whole time listening to it i'm thinking this isn't Disposabl Arts or The Autobiography of Kirk Jones. It's really hard not to compare one concept album to another.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: First Serve (De La Soul)   First Serve (De La Soul) Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2012, 7:53 pm

I am going to play this on Spotify again in the near future. Curren$y, Large Pro are on deck.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: First Serve (De La Soul)   First Serve (De La Soul) Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2012, 8:09 pm

I listened to this on Spotify a few months back, and honestly I wasn't impressed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Serve (De La Soul)   First Serve (De La Soul) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Serve (De La Soul)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: