Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel"

Go down 
4 posters

Marco Polo & Torae
3.0-Below
Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Vote_lcap0%Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Vote_lcap11%Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Vote_lcap33%Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Vote_lcap0%Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Vote_lcap11%Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Vote_lcap22%Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Vote_lcap22%Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Empty
PostSubject: Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel"   Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 4:26 pm

Not much of a review here. Honestly, I was bumping it and it really didn't strike me as being all that great. So I was wondering about some opinions and ratings on the album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel"   Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 4:33 pm

I agree^^^^^
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel"   Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 4:39 pm

Cory wrote:
great beats, good scratches, better lyrics then your average willie dee

See, I'm not that sure I agree with you on the lyrics. The beats are tight. I like the feel of the album. But Torae just ain't tripping my trigger.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel"   Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 4:50 pm

Cory wrote:
Alan wrote:
Cory wrote:

See, I'm not that sure I agree with you on the lyrics. The beats are tight. I like the feel of the album. But Torae just ain't tripping my trigger.

but we can agree hes better then willie dee

Ummmmmmm....no! lol

I guess you underrate how big of a fan of the Geto Boys I am. That and "Controversy", "I'm Goin' Out Lika Soldier", "Play Witcha Mama" are all bangers. GB has classics, but his solo work is not quite classic to me. Those are all at least 4 star albums IMO though.

And when has Torae been anything more than above average? To be honest, I wasn't real big on his album from last year "Daily Conversation" when it dropped, but I think I like a few cuts off that more after listening to the new one. Shit's pretty tight, but I just don't find Torae to be that excellent.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel"   Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 4:55 pm

Cory wrote:
Alan wrote:
Cory wrote:
Alan wrote:
Cory wrote:

but we can agree hes better then willie dee

Ummmmmmm....no! lol

I guess you underrate how big of a fan of the Geto Boys I am. That and "Controversy", "I'm Goin' Out Lika Soldier", "Play Witcha Mama" are all bangers. GB has classics, but his solo work is not quite classic to me. Those are all at least 4 star albums IMO though.

And when has Torae been anything more than above average? To be honest, I wasn't real big on his album from last year "Daily Conversation" when it dropped, but I think I like a few cuts off that more after listening to the new one. Shit's pretty tight, but I just don't find Torae to be that excellent.

torae is average, im a GB fan as well, willie dee is just wack shit. i didnt know you where a GB fan, i just brought up willie dee because its kevs picture and i think he was a wack taste in music and overrated everything from the south

"Willie D" is nowhere close to being wack IMO. lol

I like him on all the Geto Boys material and those solo albums I listed (I haven't heard the others). I honestly don't see why Willie D gets hate period.

And I own the album Kev has got on his avatar on cassette. That may be his best one!
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel"   Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 5:03 pm

Cory wrote:
I was listening to The Foundation, and he is extremely wack on that.

its willie dee yall, its been a minute yall, fuck the critics yall. to me he always comes off like that

I don't think he's wack there at all, but now you're just picking on material recorded past his prime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel"   Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 5:04 pm

Alan wrote:
Cory wrote:

its willie dee yall, its been a minute yall, fuck the critics yall. to me he always comes off like that

I don't think he's wack there at all, but now you're just picking on material recorded past his prime.

damn if thats no wack to you i dont see how you can call anyone average. lol i quite this forum.

linker delete my account
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel"   Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 5:10 pm

Cory wrote:
Alan wrote:
Cory wrote:

damn if thats no wack to you i dont see how you can call anyone average. lol i quite this forum.

linker delete my account

Well Foundation was a good record. I don't think Willie D was wack on it, but I do think he was past his prime (obviously). Like I said, you are focusing on his past prime material then making blanket statements by saying "Willie D is wack" in general. You keep changing the conversation as we go along. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel"   Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 5:22 pm

Personally, I love the album. I gave it a classic rating upon the first spin but now I've scaled it back to 4.5 because I occassionally skip a few tracks. But it's a dope album with dope beats and above average rhymes.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel"   Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 5:23 pm

Just got done bumping this Torae again.

Same thoughts as the first spin. I figured Torae would get better from his first effort, but he is actually boring the pizz out of me with his simple rhyme style. The beats hit me even less this time. It's a very tight album, but the formula is just plain tired IMO.

3.25 stars
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel"   Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 5:25 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Personally, I love the album. I gave it a classic rating upon the first spin but now I've scaled it back to 4.5 because I occassionally skip a few tracks. But it's a dope album with dope beats and above average rhymes.

Damn, I'll listen to it again sometime, but I don't see my opinion changing much more than a half a star. It's like all boom bap, which I like, but without the innovation or originality.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel"   Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 5:29 pm

Alan wrote:

Same thoughts as the first spin. I figured Torae would get better from his first effort, but he is actually boring the pizz out of me with his simple rhyme style. The beats hit me even less this time. It's a very tight album, but the formula is just plain tired IMO.

3.25 stars

I don't agree with your opinion at all. Granted, Torae's not the greatest MC but he sounds dope as hell over those Marco Polo beats. I also co-sign Cory in that he's better than Willie D, who sounds good with the Geto Boys but not so much as a solo artist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel"   Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 5:31 pm

yeah, this album is dope, but its just more of the same.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel"   Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 5:48 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:

3.25 stars

I don't agree with your opinion at all. Granted, Torae's not the greatest MC but he sounds dope as hell over those Marco Polo beats. I also co-sign Cory in that he's better than Willie D, who sounds good with the Geto Boys but not so much as a solo artist.

I don't even know how Willie D got in this discussion, but he kills Torae. Who just makes this album too boring to listen to more than a few times IMO.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel"   Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 5:49 pm

Steve wrote:
yeah, this album is dope, but its just more of the same.

More of the same what? Same boom bap formula we've heard for nearly 20 years?
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel"   Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 6:11 pm

Well done for this kind of album in 2009, but I'm not really interested in hearing this kind of album in 2009, it's tired, if you can't manage something fairly original, at least build on the formula in some way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel"   Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 6:22 pm

Jason wrote:
Well done for this kind of album in 2009, but I'm not really interested in hearing this kind of album in 2009, it's tired, if you can't manage something fairly original, at least build on the formula in some way.

Jason you just summed up my thoughts exactly..I could not really grasp what was it about the samples that just was not grabbing. I mean it has good beats and a decent rapper but it's just more of the same.

And all this about Willie D and Torae, where did this come from? Did Corey wake up on the wrong end of the 69 he does with his man lover? Willie D smashes Torae with or without my bias and all you damn right!
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel"   Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 6:25 pm

Jason wrote:

Bullseye.

It may be good, but I'm just not personally interested in it I guess.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel"   Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 6:49 pm

i give this 3.5-3.75

nothings wack on it really just not mindblowing or anything....Torae doesnt interest me long enough for a whole album
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel"   Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009, 1:00 am

Torae is nothing special. Marco Polo kills it, as usual.

A better album is Orange Moon Over Brooklyn. Polo isn't on top like Double Barrel, but he's pretty fuckin excellent. And Pumpkinhead is light years moe advanced and interesting on the mic than Torae.

I'll give it (Double Barrel) 3.5, entirely on the production (which holds it's own with some stellar production in 2009.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel"   Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marco Polo & Torae "Double Barrel"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: