Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Snowgoons: Dynasty

Go down 
+3
Wayne
thelundquist
parker lewis
7 posters
AuthorMessage
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Snowgoons: Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Snowgoons: Dynasty   Snowgoons: Dynasty Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jul 2012, 2:25 pm

I listened to the first 23 tracks while I was working out. As suspected, it's perfect for that.

It's pretty much 'as expected' all around... I thught it would suffer from the absences (RA, Apathy, Celph & Paz specifically). Even though Ghostface actually drops a verse, Priest, Esoteric, Ill Bill, REKS... you get the picture. Quite a few verses to look forward to.

I want to address the Ghostface situation first. Was that even him? That shit was horrible. Didn't even sound like him.

MVP is Sicknature, easily. He owns 4 solid verses... stood out every time. I could usually care less about this dude.

Otherwise, I had no idea how many emcees I never heard sound exactly like Reef.

Very solid album, I recommend it
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Snowgoons: Dynasty   Snowgoons: Dynasty Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jul 2012, 3:12 pm

parker lewis wrote:

I listened to the first 23 tracks while I was working out. As suspected, it's perfect for that.

It's pretty much 'as expected' all around... I thught it would suffer from the absences (RA, Apathy, Celph & Paz specifically). Even though Ghostface actually drops a verse, Priest, Esoteric, Ill Bill, REKS... you get the picture. Quite a few verses to look forward to.

I want to address the Ghostface situation first. Was that even him? That shit was horrible. Didn't even sound like him.

MVP is Sicknature, easily. He owns 4 solid verses... stood out every time. I could usually care less about this dude.

Otherwise, I had no idea how many emcees I never heard sound exactly like Reef.

Very solid album, I recommend it

Maybe it was Action Bronson; I kid, I kid. This looks dope though, I'll have to check it out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Snowgoons: Dynasty   Snowgoons: Dynasty Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jul 2012, 6:29 pm

I still plan to check this out.
Back to top Go down
MURDERGHOST
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
MURDERGHOST

PostSubject: Re: Snowgoons: Dynasty   Snowgoons: Dynasty Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jul 2012, 6:48 pm

I'm going to check it out this weekend on Spotify...

Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Snowgoons: Dynasty   Snowgoons: Dynasty Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 1:46 pm

Imma a cop it. Snow Goons keeps getting better. I never liked their first album though
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Snowgoons: Dynasty   Snowgoons: Dynasty Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 11:13 pm

That GFK verse wasn't nearly as bad as you made it out to be. Definitely wasn't vintage ghost, but it wasn't trash.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Snowgoons: Dynasty   Snowgoons: Dynasty Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2012, 9:52 am

Well, since you seem so sure, I just went back and listened to it again. It's pretty disappointing as far as one verse can be. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I was looking forward to Ghost on Snowgoons. Sounds like a throwaway to me. And what's up with his voice?
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Snowgoons: Dynasty   Snowgoons: Dynasty Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2012, 1:25 pm

I've heard the first 10 tracks on Spotify. Definitely going to order it, I'm just holding out until there's other CDs that I want to get also.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Snowgoons: Dynasty   Snowgoons: Dynasty Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2012, 1:28 pm

Myestro wrote:
I've heard the first 10 tracks on Spotify. Definitely going to order it, I'm just holding out until there's other CDs that I want to get also.

I'm holding out a little bit also, but not too much. I still plan to check it out.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Snowgoons: Dynasty   Snowgoons: Dynasty Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2012, 2:25 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Well, since you seem so sure, I just went back and listened to it again. It's pretty disappointing as far as one verse can be. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I was looking forward to Ghost on Snowgoons. Sounds like a throwaway to me. And what's up with his voice?

To me it almost sounds like he's trying too hard or something, instead of just going in there and being Ghost, idk, but I was expecting something cringe-inducing based on your account, so I guess I went in with lowered expectations. Pretty much just the opposite of your experience. But yeah, his voice is weird on there though.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Snowgoons: Dynasty   Snowgoons: Dynasty Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug 2012, 7:47 am

Wow. All I can say on this one is BEST COMPILATION ALBUM EVER I thought there was never gonna be a better comp album than Soundbombing 2. This is AOTY for me right. Even the cover art is CAOTY. Only bad thing I can say about this album is Ghost's verse, which he just tossed together while having a hoarse throat. The album just have bangers after bangers. Thing is I haven't gotten through the whole album yet as I type this. Im at track 23, and just stopped. Its that good. It will be awhile before I cop or indulge in another album, I want this one to truly soak in. The bar has been risen.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Snowgoons: Dynasty   Snowgoons: Dynasty Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug 2012, 5:15 pm

I would say this LP is like a fucking experience. Like watching a groundbreaking movie.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Snowgoons: Dynasty   Snowgoons: Dynasty Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2012, 2:18 pm

lol stanning much?

I will get to this eventually. You know what you're getting with these guys. That's not a bad thing, these guys are consistent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snowgoons: Dynasty   Snowgoons: Dynasty Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snowgoons: Dynasty
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: