Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't

Go down 
+9
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Wanduras
SteveT
parker lewis
Highsmith
Tic706
MURDERGHOST
thelundquist
Half
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Empty
PostSubject: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 1:14 pm

Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Screen-shot-2012-07-08-at-11-23-18-pm-e1341804322335

I'm listening to it now and I don't know if I'll be able to forgive myself.

Any thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 1:50 pm

This album is fucking terrible. Worst I've heard from 2012.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 4:16 pm

At least 3K has an insanely dope verse on 16...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 4:18 pm

I thought he sucked on 16. Wack chorus, dull bars, dumb guitar "solo"
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 4:28 pm

I thought that verse was ill. Every other aspect of the song was meh. I haven't listened to the Ross album though. I've never listened to any of his albums...
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 4:45 pm

thelundquist wrote:
I thought that verse was ill. Every other aspect of the song was meh. I haven't listened to the Ross album though. I've never listened to any of his albums...

How'd you hear the track? Is it a single?
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 4:46 pm

I got it with an amazon mp3 credit, just for the 3K feature.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 4:56 pm

thelundquist wrote:
I got it with an amazon mp3 credit, just for the 3K feature.

Oh ok. Well the only track that wasn't bad to me was Amsterdam, it had a cool beat and decent bars from Ross. Avoid 3 Kings at all costs, it has one of the worst Jay-Z verses you will ever hear and Dr. Dre doing a shitty impersonation of Ross with the sole purpose of promoting Beats by Dre headphones. Touch'N You and Diced Pineapples are absolutely offensive, the latter track featuring Wale turning bitch and Drake singing dumb shit that perfectly summarizes the backhanded misogyny on Take Care.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 5:00 pm

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to avoid it. Sadly I already heard 3 Kings on 2dopeboyz when it leaked...
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 5:03 pm

Now this 3 Kings is legit.
Back to top Go down
MURDERGHOST
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
MURDERGHOST

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 7:45 pm

I have never heard an entire Rick Ross album... don't think I ever will...

But thanks for the heads up...
Back to top Go down
MURDERGHOST
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
MURDERGHOST

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 7:48 pm

thelundquist wrote:
Now this 3 Kings is legit.

Feeling this... Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug 2012, 1:54 pm

Off one spin its decent. Worth a spin for the production mainly. And Ross rides most beats very comfortably. Gets a little corny and typical toward the last half.

Lyrics= C+
Production= B
Subjects= C+
Originality= D+
Entertainment= B
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012, 7:37 am

3 Kings and Sixteen are the best moments to me. Rick Ross will never make it in my AOTY countdown towards the top but I can tolerate his music for the most part and I have all of the albums. The tracks where he has other rappers on them are usually my favs.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012, 5:54 pm

Brother Ali got the 3 Kings instro from Jake One.

http://www.freeonsmash.com/news/2012/08/17/brother-ali-the-4th-king/

Whoa! This just turned into a hip-hop thread! You're welcome.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012, 6:04 pm

Half wrote:
This album is fucking terrible. Worst I've heard from 2012.

Just to follow up on this. Believe it or not, I've heard worse albums than this in 2012. Here they are:

Waka Flocka Flame - Triple F Life
B.o.B. - Strange Clouds
2 Chainz - Based On A T.R.U. Story
Future - Pluto (This is so bad it's unbelievable. Top 5 worst album I've ever heard. Ever. Any genre.)
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug 2012, 9:16 am

Half, I don't know how you listened to any of those other 4 albums at all.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 5:50 pm

This album was a disappointment - I really really liked Teflon Don
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 5:57 pm

SteveT wrote:
This album was a disappointment - I really really liked Teflon Don

Are you SRP?

Neutral
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 7:10 pm

It's me Steve homo, get on chat
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012, 11:23 pm

While I don't think this is even close to worst album of 2012, it is doo doo for the most part. I actually enjoy some Rozay usually but this album was weak as fuck except for the few bright spots with Nas and 3 Stacks. I also liked Amsterdam. I will say that Hold Me Back is the worst song I have heard all year...and I've heard the entire 2 Chainz album.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012, 11:24 pm

Wanduras wrote:
While I don't think this is even close to worst album of 2012, it is doo doo for the most part. I actually enjoy some Rozay usually but this album was weak as fuck except for the few bright spots with Nas and 3 Stacks. I also liked Amsterdam. I will say that Hold Me Back is the worst song I have heard all year...and I've heard the entire 2 Chainz album.

LMAO!
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012, 12:10 am

Hold Me Back is clearly the worst song on the album and I will not be listening to the Future or 2 Chainz album......lol
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012, 2:24 am

I got my hater shade on, I can't fuck with Ricky. Cool
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012, 6:44 am

3 Kings is one the best tracks on the album what the fuck are you talking about Halfy???

this album for me is 3.75 stars...it's obviously not perfect but it has it's moments...there is no perfection to be found in 2012 so why bother looking?? this yr outside of Nas-Life Is Good and a few others (Apollo Brown/O.C.-Trophies is one that comes to mind) has been toliet bowl shit.......

now I'll just sit back and wait on the post 2000 gob slobbers to comment on how many "dope" releases dropped this yr...as a matter of fact since I'm so far out the loop give me all of your "dopest" releases that dropped for 2012 and get me up on 2012...I'll purchase all of your perceived "dopeness" for 2012, that I haven't already heard and give my report to follow....lol
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012, 9:14 am

3 Kings is absolutely terrible. I thought you were a Jay-Z fan? Aren't you offended by his bullshit/awful verse? Dr. Dre was terrible on that song too. Rick Ross was actually the least offensive on that track.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012, 12:05 pm

3 kings was ok to me but I don't really expect much out of Jigga anymore. The worst thing about that song is the fact that Dre doesn't even try to hide the fact that Ross wrote that verse. He spits it exactly the way Rozay would have.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012, 1:14 pm

Jigga has begun to fall the way of Prodigy, Cool J, KRS-One, Rakim, Kool G Rap, Ice Cube, Eminem, Buckshot and a bunch of others not named Nas....they aren't spitting the same way they used too spit whether thats a lack of passion which I do believe plays into it (there is NO competition to motivate them anymore) and/or just getting older they still have ability but just not as good as they used too.....and even with that said they're still better then 90% of the so called emcees out right now.....these guys are KINGS/LEGENDS in the hip-hop industry so they have nothing left to prove anyway....let's see what these 2012 "emcees" got......

this Rick Ross album to me shows the decline in hip-hop...it's a much hyped, mainstream, effort that back in the 80's and 90's would have been just an afterthought basically....just some fat dude from Miami trying to spit about hustling and the drug game and whatever else he could think of......now this guy is "leading" the mainstream movement....shame on hip-hop culture......lol
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012, 2:36 pm

Powell, you neeeeeeeed that Killer Mike in your life. If anything in 2012 will take you back to the late 80's - early 90's it will be R.A.P. Music. Still hands down without question(for me) the best album in the last few years.

I don't give a F**k about a muthaf**kin Forbes List. As far as I'm concerned, it's a muthaf**kin whore's list-Killer Mike
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012, 9:34 pm

D.Powell wrote:
this Rick Ross album to me shows the decline in hip-hop...it's a much hyped, mainstream, effort that back in the 80's and 90's would have been just an afterthought basically....just some fat dude from Miami trying to spit about hustling and the drug game and whatever else he could think of......now this guy is "leading" the mainstream movement....shame on hip-hop culture......lol

Complete cosign here.

Also Powell, I recommend you checking out the Killer Mike album also. It's definitely one of the best albums this year.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012, 11:29 pm

Powell, you need to check out the Large Pro album bro. Don't sleep on that! Pro comes correct as well as the guest spots.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug 2012, 8:55 am

D.Powell wrote:

If there is anything we can learn from Lil B (which isn't much), it is that if people keep listening to garbage, the labels will keep making garbage. They supply what is demanded, simple and plain. I wouldn't say Hip Hop is declining, it's just not where it used to be. It's still there for the true fans that are willing to look for it, but it's no longer on the radio or on TV. Those media outlets have moved on to the next big thing...which is being wack, apparently.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug 2012, 10:51 am

Hip-hop has declined tremendously and even society in general has done that......you can't even go to the movies without worrying about having your head blown off or to school either....it is what it is....anyone that says there hasn't been a decline in hip-hop overall just isn't listening in my opinion....

its not something that is meant to put down the hip-hop of 2012 it's just the plain truth...I love the culture too much to not want to see it succeed with extreme dopeness....but that just does NOT exist today in abundance IN MY OPINION....

@Terry and Wayne...I'm going to cop that Killer Mike this wk....sounds like a must own...

@J.Harris-I already own that Large Pro my dude....I've got that at 4 stars...a solid effort man...the production in particular was dope, and of course it had that old school feel appeal to it.....
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug 2012, 12:01 pm

J. Harris wrote:
Powell, you need to check out the Large Pro album bro. Don't sleep on that! Pro comes correct as well as the guest spots.

Another cosign. Large's Pro is great.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug 2012, 12:02 pm

Wanduras wrote:
If there is anything we can learn from Lil B (which isn't much), it is that if people keep listening to garbage, the labels will keep making garbage. They supply what is demanded, simple and plain. I wouldn't say Hip Hop is declining, it's just not where it used to be. It's still there for the true fans that are willing to look for it, but it's no longer on the radio or on TV. Those media outlets have moved on to the next big thing...which is being wack, apparently.

Well said, and it's something else I cosign with as well.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug 2012, 12:03 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Hip-hop has declined tremendously and even society in general has done that......you can't even go to the movies without worrying about having your head blown off or to school either....it is what it is....anyone that says there hasn't been a decline in hip-hop overall just isn't listening in my opinion....

its not something that is meant to put down the hip-hop of 2012 it's just the plain truth...I love the culture too much to not want to see it succeed with extreme dopeness....but that just does NOT exist today in abundance IN MY OPINION....

@Terry and Wayne...I'm going to cop that Killer Mike this wk....sounds like a must own...

@J.Harris-I already own that Large Pro my dude....I've got that at 4 stars...a solid effort man...the production in particular was dope, and of course it had that old school feel appeal to it.....

Yes indeed, that Killer Mike album is great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't   Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't
Page 1 of 1