Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad

Go down 
+3
Dang! Trotter
PKT
SteveT
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad Empty
PostSubject: Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad   Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad Icon_minitimeFri 24 Aug 2012, 6:44 pm

New track. Feedback appreciated.

Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad   Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad Icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 10:07 pm

It sucks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad   Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad Icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 11:31 pm

So steve, you came back...are you pretending to be somebody else, or are you going to try being yourself this time? I see you are still starved for attention....
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad   Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad Icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 11:33 pm

It just sucks. You asked for honest opinions. I would never listen to it again, and would like the time back I spent listening to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad   Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad Icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 11:38 pm

Thanks for playing it. Usually when people offer feedback, they can tell the person why it sucks, instead of saying...that sucks. Care to be specific?
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad   Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad Icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 11:40 pm

I didn't care for the lyrics, and I don't think the vocals meshed with the beat. The whole track was boring to me.

You're right in that I was more harsh and direct than I would have been with someone I liked, but either way, my blunt and honest opinion is that it's not good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad   Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad Icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 11:40 pm

Fair enough. It's more of a spoken word piece. But I appreciate the honest feedback.

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
PKT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad   Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad Icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012, 11:01 am

My opinion is like opposite of steves, I can't think any negative feedback.

This is more like rapping, compared to your other tracks, sounds really good, imo. Very unique style.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad   Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad Icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012, 2:43 pm

I like it. Steve doesn't realize this has to be recognized as a poem, not a traditional song
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad   Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012, 12:46 am

Thanks for checking it out Trotter and PKT. @ Trotter, yeah, I figured he wouldn't get it. But he's predictable so I'd expect him to respond the way he did.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad   Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012, 2:33 am

This is really nice. I'm with PKT, nothing negative I can hear. Keep it up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0

PostSubject: Re: Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad   Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012, 8:27 am

Thanks Lundquist!
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad   Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012, 4:50 pm

Dope! You def do the spoken word style very well, I think your voice is made for it. The beat was ill too. "Middle finger you!" Lol, great end to the song. I wish I could write something this meaningful, but alas, I am shallow as fuck...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad   Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012, 1:39 am

Thanks Wanduras Glad you liked it. Lol @ "shallow-ness" I'm sure if you were going through something deep, you could probably write about it. People can do amazing things when the hour is not their finest. It just depends on what they choose to do and how they choose to execute it.
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad   Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad Icon_minitimeSat 15 Sep 2012, 9:54 pm

I'm definitely feeling this one A Scott. The beat is pretty dope as well. Keep it up!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad   Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 9:17 am

I'm glad you like it arokone!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad   Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2012, 10:01 am

I was made aware that this song needs a disclaimer, so here it is, complete with my background:

This song is not intended to glorify prescription medicine abuse. It is a story about the leaps and bounds I have gone through in order to get the medical help I needed. I have been diagnosed with osteo arthritis and degenerative disk disease due to an auto vs pedestrian accident (I was the pedestrian) in 2002. Since then I have been on ALL of the opioid derived pain medications and a list of several pills over the course of 10 years, and none have been able to help me. I've been on several medications for depression since age 19, and as of 2012, I am 32 years old. Each medication made me into a zombie in pain.

In 2002, I was attending college, and I began to fail all of my classes due to being so heavily sedated and still in pain so I couldn't pay attention to the lectures. After spending a lot of money on medicine and the chiropractor (who hurt me more than he helped me), I was complaining to a friend of mine and he said I should try cannabis. I was one of the people who thought that people wanted it legal just so they could sit around and be high all day, so I wasn't really interested. Out of desperation, I went there. For the first time, I was able to stretch and do my exercises. I could sleep, and I was able to have enough energy to do well in my classes. I went from a D- to a B+ in a couple of months.

I knew I couldn't continue with it because the usage of said substance could jeporadise my job. So I took the time to get active and fix my back before I ran out of medicine. I was pain free for quite some time. That hasn't been the case for several years now. I am now in more pain than I could remember, and I take 3 medications for it. They only rob me of energy, and I feel I just have to accept the fact that there is always going to be constant pain in my life if I want to keep from breaking the law. Until cannabis is made legally available in my state, I'll keep trying to find the right combination of pills..that is until I end up with liver failure, or I just say "Fuck it".

Anyway, that's where I'm coming from when I wrote this
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad   Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 12:52 pm

thatonethere wrote:
I was made aware that this song needs a disclaimer, so here it is, complete with my background:

This song is not intended to glorify prescription medicine abuse. It is a story about the leaps and bounds I have gone through in order to get the medical help I needed. I have been diagnosed with osteo arthritis and degenerative disk disease due to an auto vs pedestrian accident (I was the pedestrian) in 2002. Since then I have been on ALL of the opioid derived pain medications and a list of several pills over the course of 10 years, and none have been able to help me. I've been on several medications for depression since age 19, and as of 2012, I am 32 years old. Each medication made me into a zombie in pain.

In 2002, I was attending college, and I began to fail all of my classes due to being so heavily sedated and still in pain so I couldn't pay attention to the lectures. After spending a lot of money on medicine and the chiropractor (who hurt me more than he helped me), I was complaining to a friend of mine and he said I should try cannabis. I was one of the people who thought that people wanted it legal just so they could sit around and be high all day, so I wasn't really interested. Out of desperation, I went there. For the first time, I was able to stretch and do my exercises. I could sleep, and I was able to have enough energy to do well in my classes. I went from a D- to a B+ in a couple of months.

I knew I couldn't continue with it because the usage of said substance could jeporadise my job. So I took the time to get active and fix my back before I ran out of medicine. I was pain free for quite some time. That hasn't been the case for several years now. I am now in more pain than I could remember, and I take 3 medications for it. They only rob me of energy, and I feel I just have to accept the fact that there is always going to be constant pain in my life if I want to keep from breaking the law. Until cannabis is made legally available in my state, I'll keep trying to find the right combination of pills..that is until I end up with liver failure, or I just say "Fuck it".

Damn. makes me want to hear the trk now. With so many "artist" its hard for me to take people serious. I really hate to hear you have to go through all of that. Have you tried back surgery yet like a disc decompression?

Hope one day you are pain free. Hotep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad   Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 5:19 pm

Tic706 wrote:
thatonethere wrote:

Damn. makes me want to hear the trk now. With so many "artist" its hard for me to take people serious. I really hate to hear you have to go through all of that. Have you tried back surgery yet like a disc decompression?

Hope one day you are pain free. Hotep

I have looked into it, but the surgery is known to be unsuccessful, plus I'm young so they won't do it just yet. They basically fuse the spine together (which sounds like I'd be even worse off than before the surgery). I just got back from the doctor today for a follow up, and I asked him about a pill called Dronabinol (synthetic ThC). He said it's illegal in this state. Even in pill form Crying or Very sad . So I've got another type of pill that cost a lot less than what I was paying for all 3 of the medications I was taking $128.00/month vs $10.00 for a 3 month supply of this new stuff. I'll see what happens after the first month.

Fair warning. My style is like a spoken word, hip hop-ish sort of thing. It may not treat your ears well. No worries though. I can take constructive criticism pretty well. Thank you for your concern Kev. I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad   Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dance of the Dead: The Pharmaceutical Ballad
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Show Ya Skillz :: The Studio-
Jump to: