Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm Volume 1

Go down 
+2
Dang! Trotter
Wayne
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm Volume 1 Empty
PostSubject: Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm Volume 1   Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm Volume 1 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 12:56 pm

SMH, I'm JUST adding this to my collection, when I should've done so in 98 when this came out, especially when I was HYPED seeing the commercial for it.

Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm Volume 1 51MHWE8M3WL._SL500_AA300_
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm Volume 1   Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm Volume 1 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 3:59 pm

I started a thread on this album awhile ago. The album is a complete throwback even for '98. At this time WU members was switching up their style on their solo projects. So this album sounds like some 93-94 type shit. They had songs like Kobra Klutch and Slang Prostitution. Not to mention this LP introduced the Black Knights and Holocaust.

But stay away from Vol.2 The Sting. That was lackluster albeit a few songs like Warriors and Dances with Wolves (this was the best Killarmy track ever) both produced by Rza. Even the Holocaust solo joint was wack, this is were I was seeing Holo slip into madness with incoherent lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm Volume 1   Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm Volume 1 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 4:02 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
I started a thread on this album awhile ago. The album is a complete throwback even for '98. At this time WU members was switching up their style on their solo projects. So this album sounds like some 93-94 type shit. They had songs like Kobra Klutch and Slang Prostitution. Not to mention this LP introduced the Black Knights and Holocaust.

But stay away from Vol.2 The Sting. That was lackluster albeit a few songs like Warriors and Dances with Wolves (this was the best Killarmy track ever) both produced by Rza. Even the Holocaust solo joint was wack, this is were I was seeing Holo slip into madness with incoherent lyrics.

Oh yeah, I haven't heard anything good about Vol. 2, so even though it's Wu, I'm avoiding that one. And Vol. 1 is a throwback indeed.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm Volume 1   Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm Volume 1 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 6:00 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:

And Ruthless Bastards...and Northstar. I think Black Knights and Northstar go well together. I have "Bobby Digital Introduces NorthStar" and I must say...it's not the greatest. If it had Black Knights also, it probably would have been much better.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm Volume 1   Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm Volume 1 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 8:15 pm

I think the RZA did not put much effort into the west coast killa beez as he should have. Like Cilvarings said, when you sign to Wu you kinda on your own, Rza and the clan arent gonna jump on your project like you think
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm Volume 1   Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm Volume 1 Icon_minitimeFri 07 Sep 2012, 12:06 am

"We bring nuthin but punishment, black knights be runnin shit, have em runnin quick, uppercuts is what we comin with, fuck the government, i grab the mic thats when the thunder hit, never love a bitch, rhymes echo throughout the dungeon pit..."

Still one of my favorite choruses of all time. This album is my fuckin joint!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm Volume 1   Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm Volume 1 Icon_minitimeFri 07 Sep 2012, 12:19 am

classic wu. Ghostface redefined his style with Cobra Clutch. favorite track is probably '97 Mentality.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm Volume 1   Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm Volume 1 Icon_minitimeFri 07 Sep 2012, 12:51 am

Laced With Slang wrote:
classic wu. Ghostface redefined his style with Cobra Clutch. favorite track is probably '97 Mentality.

Cosign.
Back to top Go down
PKT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm Volume 1   Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm Volume 1 Icon_minitimeFri 07 Sep 2012, 1:30 pm

Great album, my favorite track is definitely "Never again" by Remedy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm Volume 1   Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm Volume 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm Volume 1
Page 1 of 1