Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!

Go down 
+11
thelundquist
Shaun
Tic706
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
parker lewis
Half
SteveT
Laced With Slang
Wayne
Dang! Trotter
J. Harris
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Empty
PostSubject: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 4:14 pm

This cover is practically a declaration of war lol. I think it's one of the best (if not the best) I've ever seen in hip hop. I hope the music on the album lives up to it. Check it out from the link below:

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.21191/title.sean-price-mic-tyson-release-date-cover-art
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 4:51 pm

This will beat beat the Snowgoons album for CAOTY. This is probably my most anticipated album after MIC Back to Monsta Island
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 5:00 pm

I'll be copping this one too.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 6:28 pm

oh wow, this shit just got me AMPED!
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 7:35 pm

Guess it's just me, I think it looks amateur.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 7:58 pm

I like the cover, but last time I heard Sean P was on the Random Axe album last year and he was very underwhelming there.

On a related note I listened to Heltah Skeltah's D.I.R.T. album recently, that shit is great. Hilarious aggressive shit from Ruck and Rock, if Sean P brings that kind of heat again on this album it's gonna be one of the year's best for sure.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 8:20 pm

Half wrote:
I like the cover, but last time I heard Sean P was on the Random Axe album last year and he was very underwhelming there.

On a related note I listened to Heltah Skeltah's D.I.R.T. album recently, that shit is great. Hilarious aggressive shit from Ruck and Rock, if Sean P brings that kind of heat again on this album it's gonna be one of the year's best for sure.

I did a two part series on the Boot Camp Clik on my blog, and I highlighted the D.I.R.T. album, and it certainly does hold up today. 4 star album, way better than "Magnum Force".
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 10:28 am

Here's the video for "I See"... sounding good so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAF1Cp76epY
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 10:34 am

1996 called & wants its shirt back..
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 2:18 pm

I'm not a real big fan of Sean P, he bores me on the mic, but I'm copping this because of the album cover. Shit is dope as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2012, 4:18 pm

This is the official tracklist:

1. The Genesis of the Omega
2. Bar-Barian
3. Pyrex
4. Price & Shining Armor (feat. Ruste Juxx)
5. Title Track
6. Straight Music
7. STFU, Pt. 2
8. Hush
9. Solomon Grundy (feat. Ike Eyes & Ill Bill)
10. Frankenberry (feat. Buckshot)
11. BBQ Sauce (feat. Pharoahe Monch)
12. Bully Rap (feat. Realm Reality)
13. By the Way (feat. Torae)
14. Battering Bars (feat. Pumpkin Head)
15. The Hardest bunny Out
16. Haraam (Bonus Track)
17. Remember (feat. Freddie Gibbs) [Bonus Track]
18. I See (Bonus Track)
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2012, 4:30 pm

Sean P is not a viable solo artist. He need to be in a group. He raps like he is not interested in what he is saying.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2012, 5:30 pm

Album looks to be dope off the tracklist, but where is Rock???!!! Rock is always on P's albums on at least 1-2 tracks. Dammit P!!
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2012, 5:34 pm

Tic706 wrote:
Sean P is not a viable solo artist. He need to be in a group. He raps like he is not interested in what he is saying.

I hear what you saying man. He's raw MC, but sometimes he seems uninterested on some tracks and subject matter can get repetitive at times. Overall, he is still a favorite of mine.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2012, 6:47 pm

J. Harris wrote:
Album looks to be dope off the tracklist, but where is Rock???!!! Rock is always on P's albums on at least 1-2 tracks. Dammit P!!

I was looking for Rock also.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2012, 6:47 pm

J. Harris wrote:
Tic706 wrote:

I hear what you saying man. He's raw MC, but sometimes he seems uninterested on some tracks and subject matter can get repetitive at times. Overall, he is still a favorite of mine.

I've detected that lack of interest also.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeFri 26 Oct 2012, 6:13 pm

This leaked
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeFri 26 Oct 2012, 9:50 pm

It did leak, but the album was not good. Sean P has shown me he doesn't seem to care about the quality of his albums anymore. This album has to be the worst from him. Lazy flow, sub-par beats, and shortened tracks. Did Ruck actually give up?? There were a couple of joints I like, but overall a disappointment. 2/5 at best.

Also, where the hell is ROCK?!!
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeFri 26 Oct 2012, 10:25 pm

J. Harris wrote:
It did leak, but the album was not good. Sean P has shown me he doesn't seem to care about the quality of his albums anymore. This album has to be the worst from him. Lazy flow, sub-par beats, and shortened tracks. Did Ruck actually give up?? There were a couple of joints I like, but overall a disappointment. 2/5 at best.

I don't believe you. Jesus Price Superstar was daam near classic. His mixtape Master P was the best mixtape ever
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeFri 26 Oct 2012, 10:31 pm

From what I heard it sounds pretty daam good. Sean is repititive but so is alot of rappers. Its P
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeFri 26 Oct 2012, 10:37 pm

Trotter, I'm serious man. You are right about Jesus Price Superstar and the mixtape being dope albums, but this joint was not that. Sure there were a couple of good joints here and there, but it seems like P is running out of gas bro. How many times is he going to say "Hannah barbarian"? Lol. He is getting repetitive as hell. P can do a lot better man.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeFri 26 Oct 2012, 10:52 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
J. Harris wrote:

I don't believe you. Jesus Price Superstar was daam near classic. His mixtape Master P was the best mixtape ever

I think it's pretty well known that Royce Da 5'9"s Bar Exam 2 is the best mixtape ever...

...but yeah Mic Tyson has got to be dope. I already pre-ordered that ish...

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeFri 26 Oct 2012, 10:52 pm

I believe J Harris, but I'll still check out the album to make my own determination. I wouldn't be surprised if it was lazy and uninspired though.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeFri 26 Oct 2012, 11:11 pm

There are some good jams on there....no doubt. But the majority is not cohesive like it should be. Where's the BCC influence? No Rock, No Smif N Wessun, and one Buckshot verse? By the way, Khrysis and Alc had the best beats on the album.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeSat 27 Oct 2012, 12:45 am

If Trotter is bigging up the album, I think I'll pass. I don't like the hype. Wink
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeSat 27 Oct 2012, 5:01 pm

This isn't wack... Typical Sean P ish; Kev wouldn't like it, but I'm sure most fans of his later work won't be too disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeSat 27 Oct 2012, 5:02 pm

3.5, give or take a quarter star
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeSat 27 Oct 2012, 5:39 pm

Just got mine in the mail. I'll drop my thoughts later
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeSat 27 Oct 2012, 7:28 pm

Sean P is unable to make a wack album
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeSat 27 Oct 2012, 8:43 pm

I'm going to give this another listen, but Ruck can do better.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeSat 27 Oct 2012, 10:29 pm

This is one my anticipated albums list, so I'll be checking it out, and although I'm a fan, I may listen to it via Spotify before I order it.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeSat 27 Oct 2012, 10:33 pm

J. Harris wrote:

Since it has leaked apparently, where were you able to hear it? I may want to check it out early.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeSat 27 Oct 2012, 10:33 pm

Not on spotify. Yet, anyway.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeSat 27 Oct 2012, 10:48 pm

I dug the album. It was typical Sean Price to me. The biggest difference was that the production kinda differed from his previous albums.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2012, 2:59 am

Still haven't heard this but I doubt I will dislike it. The gripes on P are all def true but the thing about P is that he truly does NOT give a fuck. That's what I love about his flow. It's super matter of fact. I don't care how many times he says I'm gonna smack your mother, it's fucking dope every time.

But I agree with Harris...WHERE THE FUCK IS DON ROCKO!? Very disappointing...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2012, 3:40 am

Juan, you will love this album. Exactly what you described with gritty production throughout
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2012, 12:09 am

I listened to this again.....3/5 at the most. P just seems too lazy on this joint. He needs to work on that flow seriously. It's getting tired. I agree he doesn't give a shit and raps what's on his mind, but the delivery is becoming sub-par. I'm sorry but P is not his best here and it shows. I have all of his work up until this album. I liked a few joints on the album, but it became monotonous overall. I hope Duck Down comes back with some fire soon. Here's to hoping the Buckshot/9th Wonder album will be good.

Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2012, 2:25 am

J. Harris wrote:
I listened to this again.....3/5 at the most. P just seems too lazy on this joint. He needs to work on that flow seriously. It's getting tired. I agree he doesn't give a shit and raps what's on his mind, but the delivery is becoming sub-par. I'm sorry but P is not his best here and it shows. I have all of his work up until this album. I liked a few joints on the album, but it became monotonous overall. I hope Duck Down comes back with some fire soon. Here's to hoping the Buckshot/9th Wonder album will be good.

P is getting pretty fat too. That could contribute to it
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2012, 1:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2012, 6:35 pm

I read your review Wayne, and I trust your judgement,I'll just wait on this one and get the Vinnie Paz instead
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2012, 6:42 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
I read your review Wayne, and I trust your judgement,I'll just wait on this one and get the Vinnie Paz instead

Oh yeah homie, the Vinnie Paz album is WAY better than Sean Price's new one. You'll get your money's worth with the Vinnie Paz album.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2012, 10:16 pm

I gave this a couple of listens on Spotify and I like it. It's just a fun Sean P album that you aren't supposed to take too seriously. I guess I'm just a fan of his sense of humor. Lines like "Sean P, a.k.a. you da worst" are funny to me. He has a ton of those huh? lines and with his delivery over some pretty entertaining beats you get a good album.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2012, 11:38 pm

Half wrote:
I gave this a couple of listens on Spotify and I like it. It's just a fun Sean P album that you aren't supposed to take too seriously. I guess I'm just a fan of his sense of humor. Lines like "Sean P, a.k.a. you da worst" are funny to me. He has a ton of those huh? lines and with his delivery over some pretty entertaining beats you get a good album.

If you say so Half. This dude was making banging albums and mixtapes then comes up with this? It's not funny when it's half-assed. I guess he figured he would throw anything out there and expect people to say "It's dope!!". Not me. I know this can do better. Hell, he has done way better.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Oct 2012, 7:11 am

J. Harris wrote:
Half wrote:

If you say so Half. This dude was making banging albums and mixtapes then comes up with this? It's not funny when it's half-assed. I guess he figured he would throw anything out there and expect people to say "It's dope!!". Not me. I know this can do better. Hell, he has done way better.

Cosign.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Oct 2012, 8:35 am

Half wrote:

It is a good album to me too, but the opinions seem to split down the middle. I've seen a few people on Amazon who like it as well. and some of them are stuck in 1994 just like Wayne and J. Harris.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Oct 2012, 10:08 am

T. Myers, how is about being stuck in 94? Dude, Jesus Price Superstar and Monkey Barz shits all over this album, and those are post-millenium joints. You know P is capable of better. It's not about being stuck in 94 but wanting to hear a better quality album. Simple as that. Sean P is one of my favs, but the dude is seriously sub-par on this album.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Oct 2012, 10:38 am

Yo Harris, I only got a chance to listen to the first few tracks this morning but I can already get a sense of what you were saying. P does seem a little uninspired on this so far. Like I said, he usually doesn't seem to give a fuck but on this one he seems to not give a fuck in a different way. Instead of "I'll fuck your mother" it's "I might bone your moms...or I might just fall asleep on the couch...either way I'm good". Still tho, I'll probably enjoy it overall I bet. The beats sound dope so far at least.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Oct 2012, 10:45 am

J. Harris wrote:
T. Myers, how is about being stuck in 94? Dude, Jesus Price Superstar and Monkey Barz shits all over this album, and those are post-millenium joints. You know P is capable of better. It's not about being stuck in 94 but wanting to hear a better quality album. Simple as that. Sean P is one of my favs, but the dude is seriously sub-par on this album.

It's not about when the albums were released. It's about the artist and how they sound. You and I can both acknolwedge that he has changed more over the last 2 years than he did the entire 15 years before that, right? If you enjoyed him when he came out, chances are you were going to like every project he was a main contributor to up until around 2010 or so. You are who you are as a listener. Saying you're stuck in 94 isn't meant to be an insult. it was to imply your preference. For me personally, i have always liked Sean Price, but never loved him. He was an artist who's production i didn't generally care for, and i tends to wear on me over the course of a long album when he's by himself. This album has different type of production for him by producers that i like such as Alc, Evidence, and Beat Butcha. I'm not huge on 9th Wonder and Khrysis can be hit or miss for me. Add the production to the fact that the songs are short which prevents him from getting stagnant to me makes this a winner. Lyrically, he is virtually no different. You know what you're going to get from him.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Oct 2012, 2:49 pm

I spray the gat at your ride, Sean Price the greatest rapper alive, shut the fuck up
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Oct 2012, 3:02 pm

I hear what you're saying man. It's just that I was expecting a more cohesive album. The shortened songs do prevent him from getting stagnate, and the beats are pretty decent except for a few. Hell, Alc should have done the whole album. As for the lyrics, I do know what to expect, but he seems to be getting worse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: New Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: