Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Plug 1 & Plug 2 Present First Serve

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

Plug 1 & Plug 2 Present First Serve Empty
PostSubject: Plug 1 & Plug 2 Present First Serve   Plug 1 & Plug 2 Present First Serve Icon_minitimeWed 26 Sep 2012, 9:05 pm

This album is absolutely fantastic!

De La brings a breath of fresh air. This is a unique concept album. Much like a Masta Ace LP, First Serve is a complete story from beginning to end (Including introductions and closing credits). I can honestly say that there is not one skipworthy song. The album also is a throwback in a way, if you miss the funny skits that De La used to put on thier albums.

Dove's delivery is FIRE on most of the tracks and Pos continues to prove that he is one of the best-skilled emcees in the game. This is a different De La and it's pretty funky. The only thing missing is Plug 3, who decided to sit this one out, but still very much a part of the group.

The album is definatly worth coppin'

De La Soul is not to be fucked with!

Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Plug 1 & Plug 2 Present First Serve   Plug 1 & Plug 2 Present First Serve Icon_minitimeWed 26 Sep 2012, 11:34 pm

Pretty sure there's already a thread for this, but, yeah, I've heard nothing but good things
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Plug 1 & Plug 2 Present First Serve   Plug 1 & Plug 2 Present First Serve Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2012, 8:13 am

I may be in the minority on this, and although I'm a long time De La fan, I didn't care for this album at all. I'm all for concept albums, but not this one.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Plug 1 & Plug 2 Present First Serve   Plug 1 & Plug 2 Present First Serve Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2012, 3:24 pm

Well you know it must be dope if I like it. I purchased it also so that should tell you even more. I don't hold De La to high standards or have high expectations for them so i'm sure that is part of the reason I like it.
Back to top Go down
MURDERGHOST
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
MURDERGHOST

PostSubject: Re: Plug 1 & Plug 2 Present First Serve   Plug 1 & Plug 2 Present First Serve Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2012, 5:55 pm

I'm going to check it out on Spotify...

Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Plug 1 & Plug 2 Present First Serve   Plug 1 & Plug 2 Present First Serve Icon_minitimeFri 28 Sep 2012, 11:22 pm

Tic706 wrote:
Well you know it must be dope if I like it. I purchased it also so that should tell you even more. I don't hold De La to high standards or have high expectations for them so i'm sure that is part of the reason I like it.

You really can't hold any artist to high standards these days.

But 1st Serve is definately one of the year's best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plug 1 & Plug 2 Present First Serve   Plug 1 & Plug 2 Present First Serve Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plug 1 & Plug 2 Present First Serve
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: