Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Braille & S1 "Cloud Nineteen"

Go down 
2 posters

Braille & S1
3.0-Below
Braille & S1 "Cloud Nineteen" Vote_lcap0%Braille & S1 "Cloud Nineteen" Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Braille & S1 "Cloud Nineteen" Vote_lcap100%Braille & S1 "Cloud Nineteen" Vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
Braille & S1 "Cloud Nineteen" Vote_lcap0%Braille & S1 "Cloud Nineteen" Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

AuthorMessage
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Braille & S1 "Cloud Nineteen" Empty
PostSubject: Braille & S1 "Cloud Nineteen"   Braille & S1 "Cloud Nineteen" Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 5:58 pm

This album used a formula that I would normally really like. S1 (of Strange Fruit Project) turned out some nice production here. Not mind blowing or anything, but some nice soulful production. I've always liked Braille as a lyricist, but what I never realized before was that Braille was a Christian rapper. I own "IV" and dig it, but I didn't notice the god talk nearly as much. It's really not a big deal to me unless you're beating your listeners over the head with preachiness. There's one whole song all about how he practices abstinence. There are others that just preach a god-loving lifestyle. Personally, I don't feel Braille plays the teacher role well here, and comes off a little inexperienced and preachy.

My rating: 3.25 stars
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Braille & S1 "Cloud Nineteen"   Braille & S1 "Cloud Nineteen" Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 6:12 pm

I own "IV" as well and i never noticed it either til you said something about it. Had been wanting to check this album out for a while.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Braille & S1 "Cloud Nineteen"   Braille & S1 "Cloud Nineteen" Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 6:25 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
I own "IV" as well and i never noticed it either til you said something about it. Had been wanting to check this album out for a while.

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed considering "IV" was a solid 4 stars to me. If you don't mind the subject matter, you may dig it more than me. He just has this whole holier-than-thou thing about him on this album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Braille & S1 "Cloud Nineteen"   Braille & S1 "Cloud Nineteen" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Braille & S1 "Cloud Nineteen"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: