Share | 

Flipmode Squad

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?

PostSubject: Flipmode Squad   Fri 05 Oct 2012, 7:41 pm

I never got to hear that Flipmode- The Imperial cd back then, I remember seeing it in the one of the music shops I used to buy from but never got around to it. I'm sure some of you guys have, and sure it might have been brought up here before too, maybe by Wayne? Any thoughts/ratings pls? I don't know how I would find that album nowdays but still interested to maybe pick it up.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: Flipmode Squad   Fri 05 Oct 2012, 9:18 pm

What you would expect. Unorganized, lack of focus... Flipmode never really had the greatest chemistry in my opinion. Kind of a forced collaboration.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon

PostSubject: Re: Flipmode Squad   Sat 06 Oct 2012, 5:04 am

I agree with lewis, but there was some bangers on there though. Not worth buying.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million

PostSubject: Re: Flipmode Squad   Sat 06 Oct 2012, 2:35 pm

Cold Loungin wrote:
I never got to hear that Flipmode- The Imperial cd back then, I remember seeing it in the one of the music shops I used to buy from but never got around to it. I'm sure some of you guys have, and sure it might have been brought up here before too, maybe by Wayne? Any thoughts/ratings pls? I don't know how I would find that album nowdays but still interested to maybe pick it up.

It definitely was me that did a thread on this album months ago. I ended up copping it, and my rating is 3.5 stars. It's very good, but nothing spectacular. Three of the highlights on this album are "Everybody On The Line Outside", "Cha Cha Cha", and "Hit Em Wit Da Heat". The only way you can find this album now is on Ebay and Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Flipmode Squad   Sat 06 Oct 2012, 7:40 pm

Thanks guys. I guess the 5 star reviews on Amz might be a bit of the die hard fans bias kicking in then, even though there's a few of them, I trust what you have to say. I shall proceed with caution... In all honesty, I don't think this cd will appeal to me in any way now, but the curiousity from years back still just lingers. I remember Flipmode Squad Meets Def Squad on The Coming, always liked that track, and still do... and then when I picked up the Rampage album, hearing "Flipmode Iz Da Squad", what a track that was to open the album with.. back when the shit was raw.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million

PostSubject: Re: Flipmode Squad   Sat 06 Oct 2012, 9:01 pm

Cold Loungin wrote:
Thanks guys. I guess the 5 star reviews on Amz might be a bit of the die hard fans bias kicking in then, even though there's a few of them, I trust what you have to say. I shall proceed with caution... In all honesty, I don't think this cd will appeal to me in any way now, but the curiousity from years back still just lingers. I remember Flipmode Squad Meets Def Squad on The Coming, always liked that track, and still do... and then when I picked up the Rampage album, hearing "Flipmode Iz Da Squad", what a track that was to open the album with.. back when the shit was raw.

Oh yeah, "Flipmode Squad Meets Def Squad" and "Flipmode Iz Da Squad" still BANG to this day, no question. I'm about to bump those now too, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flipmode Squad   

Back to top Go down

Flipmode Squad
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1