Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!)

Go down 
+3
Wanduras
Dang! Trotter
J. Harris
7 posters
AuthorMessage
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!) Empty
PostSubject: LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!)   LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!) Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 11:12 pm

Y'all check this new LL joint out. This one is geared towards the mainstream with a club vibe, however, he's telling the truth about some of these "Ratchet" chicks lol. Check out the link below:

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/singles/id.22249/title.ll-cool-j-ratchet
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!)   LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!) Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2012, 12:04 pm

Females being blood sucking leeches is nothing new. Id say that song is the worst piece of entertainment since Double Dragon 3 on the Sega Genesis
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!)   LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!) Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2012, 4:47 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
Females being blood sucking leeches is nothing new. Id say that song is the worst piece of entertainment since Double Dragon 3 on the Sega Genesis

Hahaaaaaaaaa! What a ridiculous and yet brilliant reference.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!)   LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!) Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2012, 7:40 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
Females being blood sucking leeches is nothing new. Id say that song is the worst piece of entertainment since Megalon-A Penny For Your Thoughts

I'd agree with that....the problem here is that Cool J is trying to reach this bullshit "hip-hop" audience in 2012/2013...

if he brings it the way he used too the lil kiddies won't check for it.....so he dumbs it down and brings this and the lil kiddies will go crazy.......business is alive and well in hip-hop thats for sure and Cool J knows that too...
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!)   LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!) Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2012, 8:01 pm

Not surprised. Cool J hasn't done anything halfway decent in years.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!)   LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!) Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2012, 10:39 pm

Justin Linker wrote:
Not surprised. Cool J hasn't done anything halfway decent in years.

not even remotely true...G.O.A.T (2000) and Exit 13 (2008) were definitely "halfway decent".......but this new shit here is wack.....
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!)   LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!) Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2012, 10:58 pm

GOAT counts as "years" ago. Exit 13 was very forgettable to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!)   LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!) Icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 1:11 am

Powell's old ass doesn't consider 12 years ago that long...except for when it comes to judging new artists baby bubba!

Exit 13 sucked. So did GOAT.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!)   LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!) Icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 7:30 am

SteveT wrote:
Powell's old ass doesn't consider 12 years ago that long...except for when it comes to judging new artists baby bubba!

when you've been in the game since 1984....and release an album in 2000 like Cool J did with G.O.A.T. then that would be considered a more recent album for him right stupid??

Exit 13 was a 4 star album, G.O.A.T. was 4.25 stars.....now your mama?? now that BEYOTCH most definitely SUCKS!

Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!)   LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!) Icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 11:52 am

D.Powell wrote:
SteveT wrote:

when you've been in the game since 1984....and release an album in 2000 like Cool J did with G.O.A.T. then that would be considered a more recent album for him right stupid??

Exit 13 was a 4 star album, G.O.A.T. was 4.25 stars.....now your mama?? now that BEYOTCH most definitely SUCKS!

How come Nas can still release classic shit 16 years later, but COOL J couldn't even come close?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!)   LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!) Icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 12:02 pm

Not sure but both of them are in my top 5 emcees of all-time so whats the point of this latest idiotic question??

Cool J doesn't have to do anything else if he doesn't want too...his legacy in hip-hop music and culture is secure, we aren't talking about Vakill here mayne....this is James Todd Smith baby bubba!

why don't you worry about some of these post 2000 "emcees" securing their "legacies".....making their "marks" on the game.....shit they've named an entire fuckin' tour after one of LL's songs...lol, talk about making a mark...the legacy he has is solid!
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!)   LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!) Icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 12:48 pm

Cool J was definitely promoting his next album on the "I'm gonna bring it back to where I started for all my fans from the beginning" angle. So much for that.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!)   LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!) Icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 1:42 pm

Why the fuck do I care about the legacy of post-2k rappers? I grew up on 90's rap.

You're just giving out excuses for these gasbags that can't keep up, when it's obvious some can, dudes like O.C., Nas, etc.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!)   LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!) Icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 2:00 pm

I would give GOAT a 4.0. Shit was always dope to me. Nowhere near his classic material but songs like Ill Bomb showed LL still had some fire in him. I haven't really been moved by anything since then, tho.

And I don't think he necessarily needs to cater to the youngins to stay relevant. I think theres more than enough heads out there that would lose their mind for an "old" style LL album. Or maybe not even "old" style but just not straight up little girl shit.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!)   LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!) Icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 2:32 pm

SteveT wrote:
Why the fuck do I care about the legacy of post-2k rappers? I grew up on 90's rap.

You're just giving out excuses for these gasbags that can't keep up, when it's obvious some can, dudes like O.C., Nas, etc.

what excuse?? you ask me questions about things I give my opinion and you reply with dumbness....if you really want to know why Cool J hasn't made a bonafide classic in years then you need to reach out to him...I know he still could if he could gather the right producers and remain focused...at least in my opinion he could...but again ask him.....
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!)   LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!) Icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 2:35 pm

Wanduras wrote:
I would give GOAT a 4.0. Shit was always dope to me. Nowhere near his classic material but songs like Ill Bomb showed LL still had some fire in him. I haven't really been moved by anything since then, tho.

And I don't think he necessarily needs to cater to the youngins to stay relevant. I think theres more than enough heads out there that would lose their mind for an "old" style LL album. Or maybe not even "old" style but just not straight up little girl shit.

Agreed Wandy.....I would love for him to fully return to the glory days.....that would be a must buy right there...but maybe his "fire" for the game has died out?? I don't know....I do know though that this happens to a bunch of emcees (Jay-Z, Eminem, Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap, Snoop, 50, Mobb Deep, etc) all of them to varying degrees haven fallen off in terms of the quality of their music...none of them sound like they did years ago....IN MY OPINION!
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!)   LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!) Icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 2:43 pm

The Last good album LL had was 14 Shots To The Dome. Thats it. How long ago was that? Still LL is a ladie's man, yet Drake dwarfs him in that department. LL just seems like a creepy old uncle tryna swoon these young girls. Whens the last time LL dropped a killer battle rhyme? LL has more than enough spot light to get back on top but he doesn't have the talent anymore.
I respect what he did for the game but its time to retire.

Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!)   LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!) Icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 2:54 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
The Last good album LL had was 14 Shots To The Dome. Thats it. How long ago was that? Still LL is a ladie's man, yet Drake dwarfs him in that department. LL just seems like a creepy old uncle tryna swoon these young girls. Whens the last time LL dropped a killer battle rhyme? LL has more than enough spot light to get back on top but he doesn't have the talent anymore.
I respect what he did for the game but its time to retire.

Laughing My Ass Off

Hey trotter..... Get The Fuck Out

Ringtone Murder wasn't killer battle line/lines??

Ill Bomb??

Back Where I Belong??

thats from '08 with a couple of his friends.......like I said if the dude remains focused then he destroys your favorite emcee trotter which shouldn't be too hard since thats tommy water gun.....
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!)   LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!) Icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 2:56 pm

14 Shots To The Dome contained more filler than both G.O.A.T. and Exit 13....hey trotter go read a book my dude...this hip-hop thang is above your small ass head.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!)   LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LL Cool J - Ratchet (New Track!)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: New Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: