Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Information Age

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Information Age Empty
PostSubject: Information Age   Information Age Icon_minitimeFri 19 Oct 2012, 11:04 am

Copied from my recent review of it on Amazon:

Ever since Let's Get Free I have had high hopes for dead prez. In all honesty I have been let down by almost every album since. Sure some albums had some real gems on them but overall they have not lived up to their full potential in my opinion. Pulse of the People was the closet I heard to a real good follow up to LGF.

Now we have Information Age, an album that once again is missing something. And I know what it is...fitting production, meaning their beat and hook choices. I can appreciate them updating thier sound. But it should have been updated with a sound that truly fits the message. I look at this album like I looked at Lupe's album Lasers. The lyrics and subject matter is on point but the production is not good at all save for a few trks. Maybe it will get better w/ time and I will come back and review. I will not blind buy another dead prez project or album. they are now on the try b4 buy list. Dang DP's.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Information Age Empty
PostSubject: Re: Information Age   Information Age Icon_minitimeFri 19 Oct 2012, 2:25 pm

They lost blind buy after their crappy mixtapes, RBG, then their last digipack one in 09 I think, the green and yellow cover. I doubt I will even listen to it. Best tracks?
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Information Age Empty
PostSubject: Re: Information Age   Information Age Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2012, 1:01 pm

Best trks? Not many:

No Way As The Way
Take Me To The Future

Those are the only ones I actually gave some stars on my ipod.

Last edited by Tic706 on Tue 23 Oct 2012, 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Information Age Empty
PostSubject: Re: Information Age   Information Age Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2012, 2:02 pm

Damn, hardly recognize them now. It's too bad.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Information Age Empty
PostSubject: Re: Information Age   Information Age Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2012, 5:57 pm

I bought the Stic Man workout album over the summer... not really work out music, but motivational shit... I dig it.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Information Age Empty
PostSubject: Re: Information Age   Information Age Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2012, 5:55 am

I like this. It's definitely missing the 'umph' that they're known for, but it's good.

I can understand the disappointment, too though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Information Age Empty
PostSubject: Re: Information Age   Information Age Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Information Age
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: