Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti

Go down 
+6
Half
SteveT
parker lewis
T. Myers
Dang! Trotter
Wayne
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Empty
PostSubject: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 11:58 am

Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Vinnie_paz_GOTS

Check out my review on my blog of this great album.

http://mayepov.blogspot.com/2012/10/vinnie-paz.html
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 12:17 pm

Damn, your blog page gets more views than this site-LOL! Good review.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 12:19 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
Damn, your blog page gets more views than this site-LOL! Good review.

Lol, thanks for the kind words. I like this album a lot.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 12:27 pm

I hope mine arrives today, but i'm not really expecting it until tomorrow or Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 12:30 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I hope mine arrives today, but i'm not really expecting it until tomorrow or Tuesday.

You're going to love this one Terry.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 12:33 pm

Yeah, i got high hopes. I guess i'll just listen to the kendrick Lamar until then.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 1:09 pm

Last I knew Paz was going to be on the Joe Rogan Experience 11/4.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 1:33 pm

Is this out?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 2:01 pm

SteveT wrote:
Is this out?

dropped today along with Kendrick Lamar, and Man With The Iron Fists soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2012, 11:24 am

This album's great. That Premiere beat on 'The Orcale' is the hardest beat he's made.

Scarface's spot is outstanding... Apathy, LCN, Immortal Technique, Q-Unique, RA... everyone delivered great verses except Mobb Deep. They just don't have it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2012, 11:27 am

parker lewis wrote:
This album's great. That Premiere beat on 'The Orcale' is the hardest beat he's made.

Scarface's spot is outstanding... Apathy, LCN, Immortal Technique, Q-Unique, RA... everyone delivered great verses except Mobb Deep. They just don't have it anymore.

Yes indeed, this album was worth the purchase. The guest spots were great, and I thought Mobb Deep did well considering what we got from them within recent months.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2012, 11:59 am

parker lewis wrote:

You're way overblowing that beat because it's for one of your favorites. Go listen to some Big Shug or Blaq Poet before you make silly statements like that.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2012, 12:03 pm

One of my favorite whats?
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2012, 12:07 pm

Rappers. Oracle is not that hard at all.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2012, 12:07 pm

Obviously I haven't heard every single Premiere beat. That's alright if you know something I don't, or if you just disagree. I don't mind.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2012, 12:26 pm

Civil discourse
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2012, 12:29 pm

I want to hear the trk with Face. After I give Season Of The Ass a fair listen i'll see if I need to go into this release or not. Paz wears on the ears.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2012, 12:34 pm

Paz has never been one of my favorite rappers. He knows how to surround himself with talent, and he's usually talking about things I'm interested in. For those reasons I can tolerate his basic wordplay and lack of flow.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2012, 12:36 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Paz has never been one of my favorite rappers. He knows how to surround himself with talent, and he's usually talking about things I'm interested in. For those reasons I can tolerate his basic wordplay and lack of flow.

I noticed that. While some may see that as a weakness I see that as smart.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2012, 1:51 pm

Paz also has a great ear for beats. Rarely do you hear him on a wack track.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2012, 2:47 pm

Bumping Season of... right now and I see Vinnie is fairly average on the lyrical tip. He needs to switch up his technique/flow some times also. The beats have been on point so far though.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2012, 3:42 pm

Paul Wall should never be on a trk with Paz. That was terrible.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2012, 5:11 pm

This was a really good album, but i'd be lying if i said it grabbed me more than Season Of The Assassin. It will definitely get more spins, but after my first two spins, it's behind SOTA.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 5:01 pm

T. Myers wrote:
This was a really good album, but i'd be lying if i said it grabbed me more than Season Of The Assassin. It will definitely get more spins, but after my first two spins, it's behind SOTA.

I like the new album slight more than SOTA.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeFri 26 Oct 2012, 2:57 am

Best Buy let me down...they didn't carry it in store. I pre-ordered it off Amazon because I have Prime, so free shipping, but since I was going to be near Best Buy, I canceled it thinking I was gonna cop that shit in store....smh. Ended up copping it from Amazon again and it should be here tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeFri 26 Oct 2012, 6:49 am

Chipper Jones wrote:
Best Buy let me down...they didn't carry it in store. I pre-ordered it off Amazon because I have Prime, so free shipping, but since I was going to be near Best Buy, I canceled it thinking I was gonna cop that shit in store....smh. Ended up copping it from Amazon again and it should be here tomorrow.

This is not surprising at all, as I don't think I've ever seen a Vinnie Paz CD in a Best Buy, and chances are we won't. If you have any local spots in your area that may carry albums that the major retailers don't, you can check there. Otherwise, albums like this would have to be ordered.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2012, 9:50 am

Tic706 wrote:
Paul Wall should never be on a trk with Paz. That was terrible.

LOL I loved that song with Paul Wall...one of my favs on the album.
Back to top Go down
mrmikeoxlong
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
mrmikeoxlong

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2012, 9:59 am

Great blog post Wayne couldn't agree with you more on pretty much everything besides the fact that R.A didn't hold up to vinnie I feel they work very well together(Nosebleed amazing track imo) and easily hold up to each other without question.

Also I think Vinnie's flow/voice that reacts differently to people, I used to be a used death metal fan and vinnie associates that kind of music into his if you know what I mean. Anyway this is a great album on par with Season of the Assassin both albums have there gems and there just good songs, can't really say any song on those albums are bad. Even the Intermission goes hard and the shitty rabbit part at the start is still amusing even after listening to it well over 10 times.

After downloading this album to see how it was I got half way through before I ordered the vinyl off their website. lol
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2012, 10:47 am

mrmikeoxlong wrote:
Great blog post Wayne couldn't agree with you more on pretty much everything besides the fact that R.A didn't hold up to vinnie I feel they work very well together(Nosebleed amazing track imo) and easily hold up to each other without question.

Also I think Vinnie's flow/voice that reacts differently to people, I used to be a used death metal fan and vinnie associates that kind of music into his if you know what I mean. Anyway this is a great album on par with Season of the Assassin both albums have there gems and there just good songs, can't really say any song on those albums are bad. Even the Intermission goes hard and the shitty rabbit part at the start is still amusing even after listening to it well over 10 times.

After downloading this album to see how it was I got half way through before I ordered the vinyl off their website. lol

Thanks for the kind words! This joint did grab me on the first listen and it's great.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2012, 1:00 pm

This is still on deck. I was able to tolerate his delivery on SOTA more than I expected. So since this one has more guest I may end up liking this one more.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2012, 1:03 pm

Tic706 wrote:
This is still on deck. I was able to tolerate his delivery on SOTA more than I expected. So since this one has more guest I may end up liking this one more.

It took me 4 listens for SOTA to grow on me (4 star album), however, I do like GOTS a little more.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2012, 1:22 pm

I like this better, too. It's just a little better in every way.
Back to top Go down
hipp0319
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
hipp0319

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2012, 4:57 pm

Pazs voice and flow is what keeps me interested...top 5 rap voices imo
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2012, 6:47 pm

Yeah off one listen I think I like this better than SOTA. More stand out trks imo. Top 10 of 2012 fairly easily as of now.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2012, 6:51 pm

Tic706 wrote:
Yeah off one listen I think I like this better than SOTA. More stand out trks imo. Top 10 of 2012 fairly easily as of now.

I like it better than SOTA, which is a 4 star album imo. This album itself will be on my best albums of 2012 list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti   Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vinnie Paz - God of the Serengeti
Page 1 of 1