Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!

Go down 
+7
Wanduras
SteveT
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Shaun
parker lewis
SyRuP Sippa
Dang! Trotter
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 8:42 pm

So you believe you can be spiritually harmed, but you're skeptical about positive spiritual impact?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 8:48 pm

Just trying to understand your POV, not be confrontational.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 8:57 pm

Dry season sucks Sad
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 1:12 am

parker lewis wrote:
Just trying to understand your POV, not be confrontational.

no it's cool mayne. I am at work so couldnt reply straight away, and to tell the truth the subject of these things is not something I am all that comfortable with discussing on a public forum, so I don't plan on going into it much more after here. Also on the subject at hand I dont know what your experience or knowledge is with any of it so I dont even know if we're talking/ understanding on the exact same terms or not.

So briefly, am I skeptical of a positive spiritual impact from drugs, mostly yes, but it might depend on the circumstance. My thought is that using drugs to gain a heightened awareness is to be avoided, you may have no control of what happens or could happen to you in that state, and it is not natural in my view. The natural way to heightened awareness and development of one self is through meditation, not (imo) through using such drugs you have mentioned. It might seem like a positive place to be in that state after taking those drugs but how the person has brought themself to be there I don't really see myself agreeing with.

Here's something I just found which pretty much refers to what I was trying to get at earlier.

" ...the way marijuana affects one individual may be very different from how it affects another. If you are smoking marijuana to suppress your feelings or avoid dealing with something, it will create sludge in your aura, disconnect you from your personal power, and make you vulnerable to negative entities. The negative feelings you are avoiding will linger in your aura; then when you smoke, your psychic defenses will drop and any negative entities that are attracted to those negative feelings can move in. This sort of use is spiritually harmful and psychically damaging. "

Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 1:29 am

Oh my. Lounge, I respect your beliefs and whatnot, but ish like that gets at my nerves like few other things. I'm glad you won't be discussing it on here....lol
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 1:31 am

Create sludge in your aura... smh.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 1:40 am

I agree that weed can fuck some people up. I know people who live in a dark cocoon and weed is doing them no favors.

I strongly think that, with a little self-awareness, marijuana can be used to enhance your life, focus on your problems with positivity.

The way your quote is worded, I'm pretty sure that point of view was right behing the segment you conveniently extracted.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 1:42 am

I think that's the most annoyed Shaun has ever been on the Internet.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 1:57 am

lol.. I had to deal with that stuff all the time at school, and these were the same wannabe hippies from the 60's that were always trippin' on something. And they really shoved their thoughts in your face; whenever they were around they would jump into conversations and tell people their aura was blue which meant that they were about to have a spontaneous journey to the forest and have their spirit awakened by mystical embodiments of their uncle's dead parakeet collection and shit. I know Lounge isn't like that, but seeing/hearing it brings that back, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 1:58 am

Sorry for the rant.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 2:34 am

parker lewis wrote:

The way your quote is worded, I'm pretty sure that point of view was right behing the segment you conveniently extracted.

In all honesty, Parker, I found that article later, well after I typed what I typed earlier. Provided I'm not lying, I think it only proves what is commonly known in this field. The article is actually pretty non biased and balanced, maybe even in agreeance of smoking weed. If you want to read the whole thing i will send it to you. you will probably find it interesting. That was just one thing I pulled out cos I noticed how alike it was to what i was trying to say earlier. I honestly had no thought of anyone suspecting anything else by it...

lol at Shaun's hippie story.. Trust me I am far from some hippie at least you can gather that.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 2:39 am

You can, but it's not anything I'm not aware of. It is annoying when a scientific presentation goes romantic and mystical with their language.

I'm just saying that excerpt is clearly only half of the picture they were painting. It's obvious they were also going to explain how others can benefit if they start with a healthy 'aura'. Which is just hippie for saying 'in a good place'.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 2:51 am

It's no secret that psychedelic compounds are dependant on the mindset of the subject. And the breakthroughs in addiction and depression (specifically related to terminal illness) depend heavily on 'guided sessions'. Just as DMT and psilocybin have been administered and coached for centuries with emotional/psychological/mental benefit.

When I researched the matter I found a lot of evidence that during adolescence, normal developmental stages are often interrupted. Psychosocial development as well as identity securement (the primary objectives of adolescence) are at considerable risk.

I can speak from experience that the fabricated paradigms of our current social state are very difficult to take seriously after you've teetered on the edge of your naked ego. That can be a tricky epiphany to manage. But, it can be empowering also. It all depends on where your heads at and how well you can process that level of self-awareness while pushing yourself back into the machine.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 4:45 am

good passage... but I feel like this has been getting a bit all over the place now. I dont claim to know much of anything at all on the scientifical side. I just dont agree right now that if someone is in a real bad way outside of their physical body they could go be able to take a hallucinogenic drug that is gonna just simply heal the spirit bodies, unless maybe there is something else at play. Anyway, I wasnt trying to get all mystic if thats how it ended up sounding, but looks like the problem is maybe I am nitpicking at a certain thing and looking at it in that one way when you are looking at something else and in another way. Theres also multiple factors involved with a lot of things here so that's why I said... Circumstance. I'm trying not to rule something as absolute. Where you say you think that, with a little self-awareness, marijuana can be used to enhance your life, focus on your problems with positivity... I dont necessarily disagree with that. Like I say... multiple factors in everything.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 5:30 pm

Pretty much seems like we're saying the same thing. Except you seem very reluctant to concede that these substances can be profoundly helpful when used properly. Not that you won't admit it... Just seems like you're doing your best to minimalize that perspective.

I'm referring to clinical studies by the way. Officially conducted & recorded.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 5:31 pm

Drugs are tools, and there are always healthy productive ways to use them... and there many ways to misuse them.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2012, 1:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 6:18 am

parker lewis wrote:
Pretty much seems like we're saying the same thing. Except you seem very reluctant to concede that these substances can be profoundly helpful when used properly. Not that you won't admit it... Just seems like you're doing your best to minimalize that perspective.

I'm referring to clinical studies by the way. Officially conducted & recorded.

I dont see a need for me to concede anything. Let's not get it wrong, I aint dead set against anything here. I am very wary when it comes to mind altering substance, and not due to stigmas. So from what you've given me to read, on the surface it would seem like there may be some good from these substances used clinically, I'm not disputing that. The articles you referred are very thought provoking and have raised a lot of questions in my mind on a range of things, and what their outcomes could be both positive and negative, so thanks. When I said I dont think we're talking on the same things I was meaning, for one, that I wasnt keeping in mind a clinically controlled element to their uses, nor am I thinking about anything other than healing of one's spirit, and secondly being that I am unwilling to give anywhere near my full perspective on the internet it obviously hinders both of us.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 9:27 am

I'm not anti weed nor necessarily a weed advocate but I'm kinda torn on this issue. I agree with what Lounge was saying but I also get people have been smoking weed anyway for ages. And I cannot think of any true harm that has come from it on the global scale. Now the question is what harm can come on the personal life scale, in other words how will weed effect the people around you ex. your loved ones?

I was watching something on BET last night and the host brought up a good point. We think weed is harmless now but wait until their are commercials and billboards everywhere advertising this as this normal social thing. See I have kids and that makes me worry a tad. Sure plenty kids try weed anyway but there is always that chance they may not because they know its illegal and its not accepted as the social norm. Now if it is all around my kids it could greater the chances they will not only try it but look foward too it.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 10:06 am

I don't know...

I really think, if you teach your kids to be good people, respect themselves, & handle their business... and then they decide they enjoy smoking weed... they'll be good, self-respecting, business-handling people who smoke weed.

If you raise lazy unethical idiots and they start smoking weed, they'll be lazy unethical stoned idiots.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 10:11 am

As far as advertising goes, I truly believe that everyone who wants to smoke weed does. It's not exactly a well-kept secret. And it's plenty promoted already.

Also, there are available models to reference... so there's really no need to speculate what 'would happen' if prohibition ended.

Again, I'm not trying to make this a heated emotional conflict. I just disagree, so I'm countering. I don't know everything but I don't se the point in debate unless you present yourself as correct. I think my points are pretty solid regardless.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 10:18 am

I don't think anyone with sense will say that marijuana causes emotional/psychological damage. I DO think anyone with sense will admit that it CAN exacerbate these diseases.

Most professionals who research the realities SEEM to believe it CAN also be helpful if used responsibly and with direct intent.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 11:00 am

I don't know many productive weed smokers outside of the entertainment industry. Keep in mind I said not many, not that there aren't any. And when I say productive I mean in family, career and home life aspect. In a perfect world we could balance weed smoke with everyday reality but we all know how human nature can be our worst enemy. People that depend on establishments for their financial stability and want to be full time weed smokers will find a rude awakening. No matter how legal it becomes these companies will not allow it. Its one of the reasons I personallly know weed smokers now that it is illegal cannot keep a job. What happens when it becomes 100% greenlight?

Now I understand that indigenous cultures and tribes used weed and other urbs and were able to maintain a productive society. But they were also independent and not dependent on outside help. Most people in this country are DEPENDENT and have to maintain a status quo for an outside factor. I think being a weed smoker can work if you are able to balance your life and maintain some self control to a degree but the only way the use of any mind/emotional altering drug can be almost 100% legit is if you are financially independent. Of course I am speaking from the recreational use point of view. Now the medical is a whole different aspect.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 12:00 pm

You have that brainwashed mindset still.

Want to worry about ads for your kids? Worry about cigarettes, alcohol, prescription pills (adderall, ritalin, etc.) fast food, etc. All much worse. Much much worse.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 12:27 pm

SteveT wrote:

Want to worry about ads for your kids? Worry about cigarettes, alcohol, prescription pills (adderall, ritalin, etc.) fast food, etc. All much worse. Much much worse.

Those are other vices that have nothing to do with this focal matter of weed. No where did I say weed is the ONLY problem. So that whole statement was really kinda lame and out of place. Those are already legal and we see the problems they have caused. Weed is not legal so we have not seen the effect of it from a legal standpoint nation wide or over time. It will be hypocritical for a parent to teach their kids to stay away from "hard" drugs but they are blazing a drug in that household or period.

And weed can effect families just as negetively as alcohol and cigarettes.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 12:53 pm

I think if you're not making ends meet for your family and you're spending money on reefer you're an inconsiderate, immature asshole.

Blaming the weed is just displacing the blame. Just like all the other vices.

And Portugal, The Netherlands and British Columbia are all established models of social success. Whereas you won't find a model to illustrate the scenarios you're concerned about.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 1:26 pm

parker lewis wrote:
I think if you're not making ends meet for your family and you're spending money on reefer you're an inconsiderate, immature asshole.

Blaming the weed is just displacing the blame. Just like all the other vices.

And Portugal, The Netherlands and British Columbia are all established models of social success. Whereas you won't find a model to illustrate the scenarios you're concerned about.

Weed is still the contributing factor. It can be addictive so it can cause a person to spend too many resources getting it. Also I am concerned about how it effects said persons immediate family. I know being single and smoking weed is not as big of a deal as having a family and smoking weed. We cannot look at this from one point of view. I do not know many productive functioning familes who has a weed habit invovled in the equation.

Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 1:35 pm

Right. If you're smoking weed, drinking, gambling, crack, pills... and your family's fucked up... you blame the vice? I blame the person. In fact, the problem will NOT go away until the individual accepts responsibility. Not even removing the particular behavior will solve the problem. The individual will drift to another resource to self-sabotage.

You might say again that you don't know any families where people smoke weed and succeed. I say those INDIVIDUALS shouldn't be smoking weed. INDIVIDUALS who do succeed or might be able to succeed should not have the choice or opportunity taken away.

Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 1:36 pm

There are plenty of dysfunctional families and individuals where marijuana is not a factor. A failure will fail. Regardless of the means.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 1:58 pm

Tic706 wrote:
SteveT wrote:

Those are other vices that have nothing to do with this focal matter of weed. No where did I say weed is the ONLY problem. So that whole statement was really kinda lame and out of place. Those are already legal and we see the problems they have caused. Weed is not legal so we have not seen the effect of it from a legal standpoint nation wide or over time. It will be hypocritical for a parent to teach their kids to stay away from "hard" drugs but they are blazing a drug in that household or period.

And weed can effect families just as negetively as alcohol and cigarettes.

Do you take Tylenol? Drink ever? Smoke ever? Drink coffee? I am sure you imbibe some drug out of those four on a daily basis. It's the same principle.

Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 2:11 pm

5-hour energy has been linked to heart attacks and spotaneous abortions... not really relevant i just wanted to type 'spontaneous abortion' ...not exactly sure what that is lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 3:27 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Right. If you're smoking weed, drinking, gambling, crack, pills... and your family's fucked up... you blame the vice? I blame the person. In fact, the problem will NOT go away until the individual accepts responsibility. Not even removing the particular behavior will solve the problem. The individual will drift to another resource to self-sabotage.

You might say again that you don't know any families where people smoke weed and succeed. I say those INDIVIDUALS shouldn't be smoking weed. INDIVIDUALS who do succeed or might be able to succeed should not have the choice or opportunity taken away.

I agree that personal accountability plays a big part. But like I said earlier the vice is still a valid part of the problem. Also you seem to only be coming from an almost elitest point of view because you keep making it seem so cut and dry that you either do or you don't. Thats the funamentals sure but we all know how many different factors alter that formula. In order for you to smoke weed all day, a single male who is only responsible for himself you are willing to expect how many familes and other lives may be ruined? This is not a one dimensional effect.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 4:28 pm

thelundquist wrote:
5-hour energy has been linked to heart attacks and spotaneous abortions... not really relevant i just wanted to type 'spontaneous abortion' ...not exactly sure what that is lol

I'm guessing the kid unintentionally dies in the early growth stages as a result of the ish 5 hour energy puts in the system? You know like a miscarriage that occurs naturally?
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 5:14 pm

Yeah that's what I figured as well. The phrasing was hilarious to me though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 6:38 pm

Man, Kevin... I'm honestly surprised that you feel this way about it.

To me, it's a civil liberties issue. I don't feel the government should have authority to tell us what we do or don't put into our bodies. I also don't feel it's the role of government to protec self-destructive people from themselves.

Not trying to be obnoxious, but honestly, if this is your point of view... do you also feel that alcohol prohibition should be re-enacted?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 6:43 pm

Half wrote:
thelundquist wrote:

I'm guessing the kid unintentionally dies in the early growth stages as a result of the ish 5 hour energy puts in the system? You know like a miscarriage that occurs naturally?

It's probably the excessive B-complex... I hate pregnant women who treat their bodies with disrespect... disgusting.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 8:23 pm

Also, if a providing family member has a drug problem, how is that family helped by that person's incarceration?
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012, 1:34 am

Good convo here fellas.

I can totally understand what Kev is trying to say about vices not helping the situation, especially in family settings. In a way, it is really just one more thing to worry about that you have to protect your kids from. But ultimately, I agree more with what Parker is saying.

Kev, if you see a lot of people having their lives ruined by weed addiction, you may just happen to know a lot of people that shouldn't be smoking. There are certainly lots of people like that but it has to do more with what kind of people they are. Alternatively, myself and my group of my closest friends (6 of us) are all long-time, every day smokers that have families, college educations, and good jobs. I can assure you that weed is in no way keeping us from providing for our families. We all go to work and have normal family lives with the added bonus that we unwind and relax at the end of the night with a nice fat blunt or a few bong rips. We don't get high around the kids, the same way we don't get drunk around the kids. It's really just all about being responsible with your vices. You can still eat cake whenever you want as long as you put in work at the gym and eat right the rest of the time.

Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012, 1:51 am

And Parker, that was an interesting article on shrooms. They touched on something that I have thought for many years now after trying it for the first time. It really does change you in a way. I don't necessarily think it changed my personality the way the article describes, but I definitely gained a new respect for sanity. I am thankful that, in the same way the doctors in the article did, I had vets schooling me on how not to have a bad trip, otherwise I would have probably fuckin freaked. When you lose control of normal brain function, it can be a really scary thing. But gladly, I was able to have an experience that opened my eyes to the beauty of the way that the human brain works. It is amazing how, when functioning as it is supposed to, the brain allows us to see and interact with our surroundings in a normal and useful way. It's something that is taken for granted way too much. When you do shrooms, the things you see and hear are all products of the same environment but your brain processes them in a fun, crazy, fucked up way. It's literally like being insane for a few hours. God damn, that shit is fun.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012, 6:48 am

Yea, I have LOTS of experience with psychedelics... I've certainly noticed there are considerably more skeptics (as to there potential for benefit) amongst those who've never tried them.

I actually just renewed my passport for pretty much the sole purpose of spending 5 days with an Ayahuascero in Peru. Currently in the planning stages...
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012, 11:01 am

I hear that Wand. Glad you are able to maintain a good balance. So basically you're cool with your kids smoking weed one day also? You plan to take part in that? I'm just wondering because if you do have kids trust me they know something or will soon about what you do behind closed doors.

And Parker is just a dope fiend with one else to worry about but himself. I respect that but I also get his pov is biased.

Like I said my point was to bring up some points that may be overlooked. There is always a bigger picture to the small view we may have on something. I am not anti weed at all just concerned or interested in the ripple effect.

Last edited by Tic706 on Fri 16 Nov 2012, 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012, 11:05 am

That's disrespectful man. I'm the main parent and provider for my 5-yr old niece. I work an average of 65 hours a week caring for disabled people. A job a don't really care for, but need, to maintain that little girl's quality of life.

I smoke weed because it enhances my quality of life. Your assumptions are wrong.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012, 11:07 am

parker lewis wrote:
That's disrespectful man. I'm the main parent and provider for my 5-yr old niece. I work an average of 65 hours a week caring for disabled people. A job a don't really care for, but need, to maintain that little girl's quality of life.

I smoke weed because it enhances my quality of life. Your assumptions are wrong.

I did not know that. So my fault for my ignorance.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012, 11:17 am

That's cool. I could've said something when you hinted about it before, but I didn't want to complicate my point.

Which is so simple - "marijuana" is NOT "bad" - period.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012, 11:19 am

Smoking weed and getting arrested is waaaay worse for EVERYONE involved than smoking weed and not getting arrested. Fuck that police-state bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012, 11:35 am

parker lewis wrote:
Smoking weed and getting arrested is waaaay worse for EVERYONE involved than smoking weed and not getting arrested. Fuck that police-state bullshit.

I agree with that. Such a waste of resources. I know states will lose some money if weed becomes legal nationwide. Sure they make plenty of money off weed arrest.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012, 11:48 am

The Industrial Prison Complex is largely privatized. That shit costs our government money that is basically being hoarded by these gigantic corporations and their uber-wealthy executives. Which, in turn, is the primary cause of the dollar's inflation.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012, 11:56 am

Check out the trailer for The House I Live In. It's a documentary on the socio-economic reality of the Drug War. It's just two minutes, I'm pretty sure you'll find it interesting.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012, 12:03 pm

I'll check it out when I get home. I know our prison system is a joke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Nov 2012, 12:34 am

[quote="Tic706"]I don't know many productive weed smokers outside of the entertainment industry. Keep in mind I said not many, not that there aren't any. And when I say productive I mean in family, career and home life aspect. In a perfect world we could balance weed smoke with everyday reality but we all know how human nature can be our worst enemy. People that depend on establishments for their financial stability and want to be full time weed smokers will find a rude awakening. No matter how legal it becomes these companies will not allow it. Its one of the reasons I personallly know weed smokers now that it is illegal cannot keep a job. What happens when it becomes 100% greenlight?

Now I understand that indigenous cultures and tribes used weed and other urbs and were able to maintain a productive society. But they were also independent and not dependent on outside help. Most people in this country are DEPENDENT and have to maintain a status quo for an outside factor. I think being a weed smoker can work if you are able to balance your life and maintain some self control to a degree but the only way the use of any mind/emotional altering drug can be almost 100% legit is if you are financially independent. Of course I am speaking from the recreational use point of view. Now the medical is a whole different aspect.[/quote]

I happen to know a few. One has a Master's degree and is an English Teacher, I know a High school counselor (lol, huh?) a college counselor, a librarian, a person in the medical field, and a couple of retired college professors. They all smoke herb, are well liked in their communities (except for the one person in the medical field, but that's another story, lol) , and are good upstanding people with college educated children. Herb is something that people should use to help them live. Those who "live" to use herb have got it all wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!   Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weed FULLY legalized in Washington and Colorado!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next