Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

King Tee - Tha Triflin' Album

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: King Tee - Tha Triflin' Album   Wed 14 Nov 2012, 3:49 am

This slept-on gem from King Tee was released early in ’93. Production mainly from DJ Pooh, sounds similar to that of “The Predator”. Ice Cube also shows up twice on the interlude “King Tee’s Beer Stand” and the classic “A Hoe Before The Homie”. A pre-21 & Over Alkaholiks are featured on “Bust Dat Ass” and the single, “Got It Bad Y’All”. Both tracks would sound at home on their classic debut. Marley Marl also does a nice remix of “At Your Own Risk. The short “On The Rox” is another highlight and “Drunk Tekneek” is one of my all-time favorite openers. Basically you can let this one play straight through.

Everybody was dickriding The Chronic when this came out so it didn’t get the attention it deserved. King Tee is one of the most underrated MCs off all time in my opinion. He has a distinct voice and his flow reminds me of Notorious B.I.G. Less hardcore, more comedic than other gangsta rap coming from the west coast at the time, if you are a fan of the likwit crew at all and haven’t heard this one make it a priority. I rate it somewhere in the 4.5 – 5 range
Back to top Go down

King Tee - Tha Triflin' Album
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1