Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Click "Down And Dirty - Original" question...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

The Click "Down And Dirty - Original" question... Empty
PostSubject: The Click "Down And Dirty - Original" question...   The Click "Down And Dirty - Original" question... Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2012, 11:45 pm

Is the CD with 16 tracks still the original version with unchanged beats and the same samples etc.?

I know not to get the Jive Records re-release but some are saying the original has 18 tracks, the two extra songs are "You Fucked Up When You Slammed My Motha" and "Let's Side". Is the 18 track version available on CD or is that a tape only release? Also, if it is available on CD do you know where I could buy it?

If anybody could help me with this is would be much appreciated
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: The Click "Down And Dirty - Original" question...   The Click "Down And Dirty - Original" question... Icon_minitimeTue 27 Nov 2012, 2:44 am

answers:

1) yes

2a) no

2b) yes

3) Keep your eyes peeled, and -

you need to be careful how you want to spend your money. The original 16 track got re-released or bootlegged, back about 2005 - 2006. Never found out which it was, bootleg or re issue. Seeing as though jive holds the rights to the album, it would seem likely a bootleg but eh... It can be told apart from the original cos the artwork has not got a nice clear look and the matrix code on the cd is different. The original 16 track versions were pressed by Rainbo Records California, so they have RAINBO in the disc matrix. Keep your eyes peeled and be careful of people selling the boot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Click "Down And Dirty - Original" question...   The Click "Down And Dirty - Original" question... Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov 2012, 2:06 am

Thanks lounge Cheers I didn't think i'd get a reply let alone answers to everything

I didn't want to spend money on the shit version and kept getting different info on which was which so I just gave up and still haven't heard it to this day. I found an original new CD says it's from 1994 not on Jive Records.

How is the album anyway? Have you heard those tape only tracks? "You fucked up..." sounds interesting
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The Click "Down And Dirty - Original" question...   The Click "Down And Dirty - Original" question... Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov 2012, 3:33 am

Lounge is your go to guy for western/southern releases in the 80s/90s
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Click "Down And Dirty - Original" question...   The Click "Down And Dirty - Original" question... Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov 2012, 9:01 pm

^^^ that's awesome, i'll keep that in mind

I got another question you might be able to help me with then Lounge....I want to get B-Legit - Tryin' To Get A Buck, but the versions I'm seeing are missing the track "Fuck And Get Up feat. Little Bruce"

Is that one available on CD? Also, is it any good? I'm a fan of "The Hemp Museum"
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: The Click "Down And Dirty - Original" question...   The Click "Down And Dirty - Original" question... Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2012, 1:28 am

The Click album is a Vellejo classic... worth investing in the original imo. I never heard the tape version. I would buy it though if I saw it for a price i was comfortable with. The B-Legit is same story as the first Click original. First CD release with Fuck and Get Up was pressed by rainbo records and has distribution by Solar Music Group (The Click album did too, by the way, which I forgot to mention before..) So you will see the black smg logo on the rear artwork and you know it is the first release.

Yes its a good album but different to hemp museum. i like those early mike mosley / sam bostic mobb beats.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: The Click "Down And Dirty - Original" question...   The Click "Down And Dirty - Original" question... Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2012, 1:46 am

Also if you like those old ones you should check Celly Cel Heat 4 Yo Azz... another which Jive rereleased and deleted the track Zig Zags and Body Bags... The original was just on Sick Wid It Records before Jive picked it up..
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: The Click "Down And Dirty - Original" question...   The Click "Down And Dirty - Original" question... Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2012, 1:50 am

And the Lil bruce Xxxtra Manish is good too... and that got picked up on Jive samw as that celly cel but I only ever owned the jive version of that one, Im not sure if they messed with that one tho..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Click "Down And Dirty - Original" question...   The Click "Down And Dirty - Original" question... Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2012, 3:28 am

I've been after that XXXtra Manish for a long time but it's too expensive. I have Celly Cel - Killa Kali.......Heat 4 Yo Azz has been on my radar for years.....i didn't know they fucked with that one so that's good to know.

Thanks for the info, I'll look out for the original B-Legit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Click "Down And Dirty - Original" question...   The Click "Down And Dirty - Original" question... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Click "Down And Dirty - Original" question...
Page 1 of 1