Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the recent shooting incident

Go down 
+3
parker lewis
TheHazardous
Cold Loungin
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

the recent shooting incident Empty
PostSubject: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 8:57 am

So I saw the latest tragic incident that happened in your country. 27 or so lives killed for no reason, 20 of them kids, and obviously life long effects now for many directly and indirectly related in the situation. Just so terrible that words will never be enough to describe how the families could possibly be feeling, not that I could even contemplate. R.I.P. to these departed souls.

And so the gun issue is again raised

Will guns ever get banned in the ol US of A?

Do you think they should be banned all together?

What is going wrong in a society where mass killings keep occuring in this particular way, and what is it going to take to stop it? - don't really hear about it happening in any other country and in such a way that it seems to occur in America.

Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 4:53 pm

Guns will not be banned in the US. Too much power behind keeping them.

There have been mass killings by single individuals using blades before. If you take away guns they can still build bombs or use blades. When someone decides to kill like this not much is stopping them. We're a payback society that believes in revenge for real or imagined slights.

I don't know if it's true or not but in regards to this tragedy I was told the killer murdered his mother and her students for some reason.

Planes don't stop flying because of 9/11 however we have increased security because of it. The school should've been harder to get into in the first place but again that's still no guarantee.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 7:07 pm

Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

-Benjamin Franklin
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 7:11 pm

Let's hope for dialogue on supporting the mentally ill. Dangerous people will be dangerous with or without guns.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 7:59 pm

Our gun laws worked just fine in this situation. Lanza was denied legal access to a rifle. The one he used was obtained illegally.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 8:06 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
Guns will not be banned in the US. Too much power behind keeping them.

Yeah I thought as such, the gun lobby be too strong... I guess it would take a remarkable transformation of society and it's thinking for such a thing to happen as banning guns.

TheHazardous wrote:
There have been mass killings by single individuals using blades before. If you take away guns they can still build bombs or use blades. When someone decides to kill like this not much is stopping them. We're a payback society that believes in revenge for real or imagined slights.

The whole payback, revenge thing is pretty sad like that. I understand that you take away guns and other things get used, but surely it would still be better with guns out of the equation than nothing else. However would I be right in saying it would seem in your society there is a strong want (need?) for them, particularly for one's self defense within their home? Or does that just come hand in hand with everyone has the right to defend themself/family? I guess I can understand the want for gun ownership, that if living in a society is dangerous enough that people might likely need one. Like anywhere I suppose certain areas worse than others for crime.

TheHazardous wrote:
I don't know if it's true or not but in regards to this tragedy I was told the killer murdered his mother and her students for some reason.

He did kill his mother, whether it was her students he took I didn't hear myself.

TheHazardous wrote:
Planes don't stop flying because of 9/11 however we have increased security because of it. The school should've been harder to get into in the first place but again that's still no guarantee.

Most of the schools where I live anyone can just walk right on in no questions asked. It's mostly just the Jewish schools who have more secure fences and security guards out front (in my state anyway - other states do have higher fences on public schools, not that people couldn't still just climb in to some of em). We don't have metal detectors and things like that, not sure to what degree your schools might either, just seen it in movies!

But it cant be a healthy society when children would feel like they are going to a prison rather than a school... It shouldn't have to be that way.

Many a sickness dwells in society, that must be accountable for (at very least) contributing to a lot of mental health issues arising in many people. I think many ill people don't seek treatment for problems, and mental health is never adequately funded by Government, at least where I live, and I will assume with the little I know about American health system that it is probably indifferent, probably worse. I don't necessarily think more funding towards mental health issues will stop events such as these occurring, but in some cases maybe it could have. Apart from that, and a lot of possible reasons for what's gone wrong with the individual who commits such acts as these, the societies ills themself still must be abolished be help towards achieving more healthy living and well minded people. There must be something very wrong somewhere when this type of thing keep happening, but to abolish societies ills may require abolishment of many of the ways we currently live and think, and that could be a most difficult feat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 8:12 pm

I'm already getting sick of this mess. People talking about banning guns, and saying brain dead stuff like, "Bringing back God in schools would make everything better" are killing me with that stuff. Then they say stuff like "this country was founded on the belief of one god"...etc. I'm over here pulling my hair out.

I agree with Parker on sparking the mental illness issue. Unfortunately, most people rather ban together and revel in being scared as they sit on their asses hoping and praying away.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 8:16 pm

Those WBC Phelps cocksuckers are being REAL special on this one. Somebody seriously needs to exterminate those hateful fuckbag cunts.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 8:50 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Those WBC Phelps cocksuckers are being REAL special on this one. Somebody seriously needs to exterminate those hateful fuckbag cunts.

I didn't know what that was and when I typed in WBC Phelps in google I see a website godhatesfags.com and on the site I see people with weird protester signs and a lotta crazy stuff.

ok i see why y'all need your guns Smile

Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 8:53 pm

Cold Loungin wrote:
parker lewis wrote:

I didn't know what that was and when I typed in WBC Phelps in google I see a website godhatesfags.com and on the site I see people with weird protester signs and a lotta crazy stuff.

Yo, they're on their way to CT to picket the children's services. They say the kids deserved to die because CT legalized gay marriage...
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 8:55 pm

Glad we dont have to put up with that sorta shit here... but it goes to show how freedom of speech can also be a bad thing
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 8:59 pm

if they did that here, I reckon their little picket would last about not even one minute before they'd be getting the shit kicked out of them!
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 9:05 pm

Check out this open letter from Morgan Freeman addressing the issue... brilliant.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 9:09 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Cold Loungin wrote:
parker lewis wrote:

Yo, they're on their way to CT to picket the children's services. They say the kids deserved to die because CT legalized gay marriage...

Shocked Shocked WOW! Those guys are real douchebags...smh. Again, mental illness is the real issue that needs to be addressed. One of these days, they'll be the target, and they may end up dead. I wouldn't be surprised if some parents decided to make it happen.

Last edited by Revue on Sat 15 Dec 2012, 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 9:26 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Check out this open letter from Morgan Freeman addressing the issue... brilliant.

While he makes a point to be considered, I honestly don't think you can isolate incidents like this to the media only causing it, as much an influence they do have on society.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 9:30 pm

^^ I don't know. The media does a great job of sensationalizing these crazies. That's why every so often we get copy cats. After the Columbine shooting, we had a bunch of idiots who thought they'd get the chance to be immortal by doing the same thing in their hometown. In the article's case, the kids weren't so lucky, and their moment of glory has been aborted.

Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 9:43 pm

Yeah I hear about the copycat stuff that goes on... I know what the media does, it can be very detrimental, but I'm just saying (and i hate media outlets and what they do to some people), I dont think it can be blamed as the single entity responsible for every time something like this has happened, but a contributor and in some cases maybe a very big one, they can be.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 9:46 pm

LOL! If you guys think that anything is going to happen to WBC, you're dumb.

One, they have police protection.

Two, they have been protesting military funerals for ages, and if you can protest that sect, protesting amongst teachers isn't going to get you killed.

WBC are scum, but paying them any mind or caring about them at all gives them what they want. It's also free speech. Their right to exercise it is and should be defended.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 10:10 pm

Who said anything was going to happen to them? I said I wish something would, and I do.

Hate speech is legal under the first amendment. That's fine and right. I just hate these assholes back, that's all.

And, if anyone ever were to strike at them, it would likely be over desecrating these children's funerals I'd think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 10:29 pm

SteveT wrote:

Two, they have been protesting military funerals for ages, and if you can protest that sect, protesting amongst teachers isn't going to get you killed.

WBC are scum, but paying them any mind or caring about them at all gives them what they want. It's also free speech. Their right to exercise it is and should be defended.

Another reading comprehension fail.

You spend an awful lot of time calling people dumb, considering your history with this forum.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 11:14 pm

Revue wrote:
SteveT wrote:

Another reading comprehension fail.

You spend an awful lot of time calling people dumb, considering your history with this forum.

"One of these days, they'll be the target, and they may end up dead. I wouldn't be surprised if some parents decided to make it happen."

Shut up, dummy.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 11:17 pm

A. "Bucky" Scott after just making her stupid self look more stupid than normal:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 11:20 pm

Something could happen even though they have police protection. I never said it would. or "is going to happen" to them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 11:22 pm

SteveT wrote:
A. "Bucky" Scott after just making her stupid self look more stupid than normal:

And yet, you keep commenting. I even have you looking up Youtube videos. You spend too much time worrying about me.

Just do you.

Oh wait, you can't. You've already established that you have no idea who you are, and are an attention starved, lonely sad boy. Give your wife and daughter some more attention. Lord knows they need it.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 10:29 pm

Haha.,. The police can't protect them from Anonymous. Real life super heroes...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 10:36 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Haha.,. The police can't protect them from Anonymous. Real life super heroes...

Exactly. No one takes the police seriously anyway.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 4:20 pm

I thought this was dope:

Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 6:56 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Let's hope for dialogue on supporting the mentally ill. Dangerous people will be dangerous with or without guns.

Score = 10
CO-SIGNAGE...

this is the entire issue with every last one of these shootings.....mental health is not being focused on enough....
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 7:15 pm

Anonymous already doxed the 'church', plus posted the hotel they reserved in CT, AND circulated successful petitions to revoke their tax-exemptions and classify them as a hate group.

I fucking love Anonymous...
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 7:50 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Anonymous already doxed the 'church', plus posted the hotel they reserved in CT, AND circulated successful petitions to revoke their tax-exemptions and classify them as a hate group.

For every one good thing they do, there is at least one awful thing.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 7:50 pm

Who?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 8:45 pm

parker lewis wrote:

I think i saw a documentary on these guys called Americas Most Hated Family. Fucked up. Felt sorry for the kids who didn't even know what the signs they were holding up meant and people driving buy chucking shit at yelling abuse at them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 8:47 pm

yep, driving buy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 8:49 pm

i didn't concentrate in school much Cheers Blazed
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 11:04 pm

parker lewis wrote:

Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012, 8:54 pm

Dangerous people are dangerous people but guns are a dangerous weapon, something ought to be done about that also if people want things to be any better.

I don't know anything much about that Anonymous group, but it seems like from one standpoint they trying to fight hate with more hate, (or a method to create or encourage people who will). It worries me most that if they got some information about someone wrong and somebody innocent suffers because of it... Well that will make them bad as anyone else.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012, 9:39 pm

Yea like all the poor pedos they've exposed? Like all the security breaches they've exposed WITHOUT abusing the information they've obtained?

Find an instance where an AnonOp has victimized an innocent.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012, 9:49 pm

Unfortunately, passing laws inhibiting gun ownership is only going to affect law abiding citizens. Criminals don't really give a shit about gun laws, do they?
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012, 12:37 am

parker lewis wrote:
Yea like all the poor pedos they've exposed? Like all the security breaches they've exposed WITHOUT abusing the information they've obtained?

Find an instance where an AnonOp has victimized an innocent.

I was only pointing out something that is entirely possible when info is used to expose people... suppose someone close to you got harmed or even killed because of some misinformation that occurred, how would you feel about that? Would you just say oh well never mind they just made a mistake.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012, 12:49 am

parker lewis wrote:
Unfortunately, passing laws inhibiting gun ownership is only going to affect law abiding citizens. Criminals don't really give a shit about gun laws, do they?

Law abiding citizens shouldn't necessarily need assault rifles and high powered weapons in their homes either, where kids or mentally unstable people could get hold of them. Crims will be crims, but it seems like American society is too wrapped in fear to have a world without guns.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012, 8:06 am

parker lewis wrote:

But guns makes things easier. Do you know what it takes to create a bomb that can kill massive amounts of people? Most wanna-be bombers blow them selves up by mixing the ingredients wrong in their basement. And alot of home made bombs just don't work. Gun control works in China, Japan,Aulsria, Europe, and civilised parts in Africa. For a civilized country America shootings dwarfs other countries. Only rachet countries in Africa, South America,Haiti is on our level. But when some of these countries start to grow their economy crime goes down. Im not saying America should ban guns, well, I am saying America should ban guns but I know that ain't gonna happen. But I do feel people should not have guns in their homes.
Solutions.

* People can purchase guns but not store them in their homes. Create storage areas at shooting ranges were people can store their guns there. Make this service free.

* People will be allowed to have a gun in their place of business. If you own a bar or diner you will be allowed to have a gun to protect your business there.

*Make bullet proof vest more accessible.

* Have storage areas near hunting sites where hunters can store their guns.

*Only law enforcement personale can have guns in their home. I know thats a double edged sword.

*Limit the number of bullets people can own.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012, 8:14 am

As far as the Phelps they dont say anything different than alot of rappers. Rappers gay bash and talk about how their chosen by God and America will perish for its sins. MOF, Sunz Of Man and Vinnie Paz say stuff like that all the time.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012, 8:16 am

The whole point of the second amendment is to protect from tyrannical government and other domestic dangers. Being listed and limited defeats that purpose.

As it is, a US citizen is more likely to be killed by a police officer than any other would-be gunman.

If you look at the states with the most liberal gun laws... conceal & carry... Montana, Wisonson, Mississippi, Texas... this shit isn't happening. And it won't. Because you will be stopped. Not conjecture, FACT. It DOESN'T happen.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012, 8:18 am

Rappers don't picket funerals of children and victims of violent crimes saying they deserve to die because God is mad at America for gay marriage.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012, 12:36 pm

parker lewis wrote:
The whole point of the second amendment is to protect from tyrannical government and other domestic dangers. Being listed and limited defeats that purpose.

As it is, a US citizen is more likely to be killed by a police officer than any other would-be gunman.

If you look at the states with the most liberal gun laws... conceal & carry... Montana, Wisonson, Mississippi, Texas... this shit isn't happening. And it won't. Because you will be stopped. Not conjecture, FACT. It DOESN'T happen.

You're being stupid. What about AZ? What about Colorado? Shootings happen everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012, 1:15 pm

I remember me and my brother coming across my uncle's gun ay my grandma's house. At the time my unc was living with my Grandma. He was a security officer at a bank.

A friend one time pointed his dad's shotgun right at me.

Both cases the guns belonged to licensed gun owners
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012, 1:47 pm

You can control guns all you want but you cannot control random people and their personal thoughts and issues. The only thing they really can do is beef up security in public places. That can be a deterrent and this will create more jobs also. Especailly for verterans who may be trained to handle weapons.

Hell we got access to millions of guns and unemployeed people. Why not start a national program and train and pay willing people to patrol our schools, malls, and other public places. I know that is not the perfect answer but its a start.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012, 1:51 pm

Yep. I should've vetted that little stat before repeating it. My bad. It wasn't intentional deception, I hope that much is trusted.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012, 1:53 pm

It's complete imagination that banning guns will solve anything. Guns aren't going to disappear with legislation. Drugs, anyone?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012, 1:56 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
I remember me and my brother coming across my uncle's gun ay my grandma's house. At the time my unc was living with my Grandma. He was a security officer at a bank.

A friend one time pointed his dad's shotgun right at me.

Both cases the guns belonged to licensed gun owners

IRRESPONSIBLE gun owners. Why should anyone else be judged by such a low standard?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   the recent shooting incident Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the recent shooting incident
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: