View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Wed 19 Dec 2012, 4:32 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
parker lewis wrote:
Let's hope for dialogue on supporting the mentally ill. Dangerous people will be dangerous with or without guns.

* People can purchase guns but not store them in their homes. Create storage areas at shooting ranges were people can store their guns there. Make this service free.

* People will be allowed to have a gun in their place of business. If you own a bar or diner you will be allowed to have a gun to protect your business there.

*Make bullet proof vest more accessible.

* Have storage areas near hunting sites where hunters can store their guns.

*Only law enforcement personale can have guns in their home. I know thats a double edged sword.

*Limit the number of bullets people can own.

1. Storage Area solution. I'm against that. MOFOs stole my sweaty clothes out my gym locker in Middle School. Lesson learned, take my stuff home everyday no matter what. If I'm crook and I know all the guns are in the same place I know: 1) potential vics don't access 2) there's a gun depository to rob 3) what's to keep folks who work at the depository from robbing you.
Do you really think I'm going to spend hundreds of dollars for a gun and store it off site especially after my little gym locker experience?

2. I don't trust the police so much that I think they should be the only ones with guns. When corrupt regimes takeover that is the first thing they do. There are men with guns and those without them.

3. Limit bullets? LOL! How the hell will you enforce that? Real gun nuts can make their own. The very logistics of dealing with that would be a pain in the ass.

4. Bulletproof vests more accessible? They're not cheap or lightweight when cheap. Lightweight vests are expensive. I just don't see that happening because it's impractical unless you're in a war zone or a high value target. You're welcome to try.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Wed 19 Dec 2012, 5:03 pm

There are caps on ammo in NYS.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Wed 19 Dec 2012, 6:00 pm

If the shooter was Black would it make a difference?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Wed 19 Dec 2012, 9:43 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
If the shooter was Black would it make a difference?

Of course not. Chicago has been on fire for some time now, and no media outlet has really reacted the same way as they did with this particular shooting. All of the shootings that received the most outrage involve mostly white kids, in mostly white neighborhoods.

I went to school back east before metal detectors, and there were a couple of gun incidents that happened at my school, but never received nationwide attention, or local attention for that matter. My classmate got shot in his leg by someone else while on the playground at school. The shooter was dealt with and my classmate was taken out of the school. Another instance, took place where a bunch of boys were taking turns holding a gun and carrying it around. Some girl told, and her life was threatened. She ended up in the witness protection program.

A similar incident happened recently in Utah where a 6th grader brought a gun to school, and put it to a girl's head, and threatened her. When she said that she would tell on him, the kid said he'd kill her. When the kid got in trouble, he decided to say that he brought it to school to "protect his classmates" in case a shooter came to their school. The kid will face charges.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=23430406&nid=148&title=11-year-old-will-face-charges-for-bringing-gun-to-kearns-school&s_cid=featured-4

Now that the kid knows he's going to face charges, he wanted to back peddle further and blame it on his parents: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/18/utah-sixth-grader-found-with-unloaded-gun-in-class-reportedly-says-parents/

*I think the faux article is bullshit, and this kid is trying to worm his punk ass way out of getting in trouble.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Wed 19 Dec 2012, 9:50 pm

I figured if this shooter was Black he would not be looked at as an individual. People will analyze Black gun crime as a whole.

The killer part is that I bet the shooter was one of those White kids that talked crazy to their moms like "Fuck you, MOM, you whore-cunt, never turn off my X-Box"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Wed 19 Dec 2012, 10:29 pm

^^Lmao! You're probably right Trotter.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Wed 19 Dec 2012, 11:14 pm

Think about how many inner city areas had drug problems for years and the news wrote it off as typical. Throw sellers and users in jail.

When the drug epidemic hit the suburbs all the sudden it was a moral panic. News outlets wanted to talk about why "good kids" are doing drugs. People wanted to talk about treatment and making a safer environment.

Think about how many serial killers operated with impunity murdering sex workers before they were caught. Lacy Peterson/Jean Benet/etc goes missing and the world stopped. It comes down to whose dying/missing/hurt.

People on the low end are the frogs of our social environment meaning when a pollutant enters an environment especially water the amphibians are one of the first groups to have a noticeable adverse reaction but because most people ignore them it goes unseen due to willful blindness. When big game prey or predators start dropping its usually when it becomes apparent us and by then the pollutant has more than likely saturated the environment i.e. too late for an easy clean up.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Thu 20 Dec 2012, 12:34 am

Well stop being frogs and start being big game.

Maybe if a huge portion of black culture didn't glorify, and encourage gun violence, it would be a bigger deal. Instead it's a badge of honor in many places.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Thu 20 Dec 2012, 3:19 am

SteveT wrote:
Well stop being frogs and start being big game.

Maybe if a huge portion of black culture didn't glorify, and encourage gun violence, it would be a bigger deal. Instead it's a badge of honor in many places.

Yeah, like Whites never glorify gun violence. You are the Nazis to deers
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Thu 20 Dec 2012, 4:40 am

Whites don't think it's cool to be stupid, fail out of school, and shoot one another.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:11 am

Congratulations troll... you can be blatantly, racially insulting in a hip-hop forum and nobody can do anything about it. We get it. You're fully visible.

Now, why don't you stop dragging every discussion down to the same not-so-shocking-anymore bullshit conflict?
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Thu 20 Dec 2012, 11:20 am

Oh, maybe I should post one of the most stupid, paranoid, wrong, insulting, tonfoil hat, OMG they're taking our guns things ever, and post "FACT INDISPUTABLE CAN'T BE WRONG" all over it instead.

I was just trying to get Trotter riled up, but I didn't bring race into this first.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Thu 20 Dec 2012, 11:27 am

Every discussion
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Thu 20 Dec 2012, 3:43 pm

Guns make it easy to kill. Ban guns. Oh yeah, criminals don't follow rules anyway. But these massacres aren't perpetrated by nickel and dime crooks. They are done by good ol boys who easily get ahold of guns. Sure, gangbangers,drug dealers kill plenty of innocents, but in certain areas of the city. Just don't live in those areas. If I worked in a warehouse I will not have any fear of some drug dealer just randomly going in there shooting, but I do havta worry about Tom the ex Marine who just got fired.

The criminals that are walking round with a gun ILLEGALLY aren't gonna kill people for attention. Theres just a rhyme and reason to these types of criminals. Like if a walked into a 7-11 and a hold up was taking place theres a good chance Ill walk out alive if a cooperate with the gunman. Matter of fact Ive been in a in-store robbery when I worked for Domino's and walked out alive. But if Im chilling at Disney World and some lunatic wants to send them thangs whistlin' theres nothing I can do but duck for cover.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Thu 20 Dec 2012, 4:02 pm

I couldn't help but bring race in it. Imagine if the last 3 attention whore gun men were Black. Somebodies gonna say something. Whites have the comport of individuality. Like the Kansas Chief player that killed his baby-mamma then offed himself. Rush Limbaugh mentioned gun violence and Black people in the same sentence. He couldn't analyze it as a mental breakdown like when"pro" wrestler Chris Beniot killed his wife and kid and then himself. With blacks you hear "Violent Black Youth". You never hear Violent White Youth. The USA Today did a story on
the Jovan Belcher case and spelled NFL on its cover with a gun for the "L". They did a piece on players who get guns. But it was really about Black players who have guns and we know Blacks are violent-prone.

As for Lanza, I can't but think that he blurped out that he was gonna do this and his mother just ignored him. A lot of people ignored him. There had to be signs. Maybe he drew pictures. But it takes White people to get killed for the higher-ups to examine gun laws
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Thu 20 Dec 2012, 6:09 pm

That Chiefs player wasn't a mental breakdown - he was telling his mistress for months he was close to doing it.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Thu 20 Dec 2012, 6:21 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
I couldn't help but bring race in it. Imagine if the last 3 attention whore gun men were Black. Somebodies gonna say something. Whites have the comport of individuality. Like the Kansas Chief player that killed his baby-mamma then offed himself. Rush Limbaugh mentioned gun violence and Black people in the same sentence. He couldn't analyze it as a mental breakdown like when"pro" wrestler Chris Beniot killed his wife and kid and then himself. With blacks you hear "Violent Black Youth". You never hear Violent White Youth. The USA Today did a story on
the Jovan Belcher case and spelled NFL on its cover with a gun for the "L". They did a piece on players who get guns. But it was really about Black players who have guns and we know Blacks are violent-prone.

As for Lanza, I can't but think that he blurped out that he was gonna do this and his mother just ignored him. A lot of people ignored him. There had to be signs. Maybe he drew pictures. But it takes White people to get killed for the higher-ups to examine gun laws

Score = 10

100% CO-SIGNAGE!

I've heard a bunch of people talking about how intelligent Adam Lanza was and they said the same bullshit about James Holmes too....the white gunman is praised for his perceived "intelligence" but if these gunmen were black....it would most certainly be about how gangsta rap influenced him to be a thug and massacre innocent folks for no reason and if this was done in the South Bronx then it might not have even made the news outside of the local news forums...but now it's about finally debating the nations gun laws and taking "action" and thats because it was done by a white kid in a white place and done to white victims.....THIS IS A FACT

but let's not lose sight of the fact that this evil motherfucker killed KIDS...that shit still bothers me man....I have a first grader myself, he was truly a piece of shit...R.I.P. to those beautiful kids man!
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Thu 20 Dec 2012, 6:55 pm

Trotter just killed this shit. I agree also. We all know the double standard of this country when it comes to race. But this system was built to benefit and support white people so they only really get it when they see someone like them.

SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Thu 20 Dec 2012, 7:22 pm

You three should look up confirmation bias. You are all pictured in the dictionary next to it.

You guys remember the D.C. sniper? I don't remember race being an issue at all, and nobody said anything about him being dumb, or it being due to rap music, etc.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Thu 20 Dec 2012, 7:49 pm

SteveT wrote:
You three should look up confirmation bias. You are all pictured in the dictionary next to it.

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:02 pm

Do you know what confirmation bias is hazardous? I don't think so.

Still wondering what you do for work. If you're even employed, that is.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:13 pm

SteveT wrote:
Do you know what confirmation bias is hazardous? I don't think so.

Still wondering what you do for work. If you're even employed, that is.

I sure do and my previous statement stands.

Do you know what ad hominem and straw man arguments are?
Do you think your condescending tone helps you make your case?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Sat 22 Dec 2012, 1:04 pm

The law is like a fence. The snake slips under, the wolf leaps over. Only the cattle cannot pass.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Sat 22 Dec 2012, 1:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Sun 23 Dec 2012, 1:47 am

parker lewis wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAlrMQTx5k4

I heard about that Oklahoma girl who used the gun in self defense. Now THAT is exactly how a gun is supposed to be used. That's why I really don't think taking away guns is the answer. I really wonder why gun bans were one of the first thing to enforce in the cities.

I drove around earlier today and I decided to drive by the local gun store. Their parking lots were packed so much that cars were parked along the sidewalk, and cars had trouble leaving and entering. The cars extended for about 500 yards in each direction from where the gun store property started and ended.

Did I mention that the wake for the Parker family's daughter (the girl originally from Utah, whose family moved to that town in Connecticut) took place up the street from my house?
Pink ribbons are everywhere in my town. affraid
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Mon 24 Dec 2012, 4:30 pm

This is how racist and stupid the GOP are. They're saying the Newton shooting was God's wrath cause we took God out of schools and gays are marrying. Okay, how 'bout we blame the shooter? Oh yeah, he's White. If the shooter was Black they'll have discussions on Black gun violence and hip hop music. But he's White so our attention is drawn to God's rapture and mental health. Paul Mooney did a comedy bit about how White psychopaths are analyzed differently than Black psychopaths.

If America doesn't care about 20 something kids being shot over the span of a day in various cities, then why care about 20-something kids shot in a day in one place?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Mon 24 Dec 2012, 9:38 pm

As much general dislike as I have for the GOP, I have to point out here that that's not their stance on this. lol...

Again, that's those crazy WBC assholes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Mon 24 Dec 2012, 9:47 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
This is how racist and stupid the GOP are. They're saying the Newton shooting was God's wrath cause we took God out of schools and gays are marrying. Okay, how 'bout we blame the shooter? Oh yeah, he's White. If the shooter was Black they'll have discussions on Black gun violence and hip hop music. But he's White so our attention is drawn to God's rapture and mental health. Paul Mooney did a comedy bit about how White psychopaths are analyzed differently than Black psychopaths.

If America doesn't care about 20 something kids being shot over the span of a day in various cities, then why care about 20-something kids shot in a day in one place?

I think that's what the WBC hate group is focusing on. The whole "keep God in schools" argument is bunk. Before people were bringing guns to school, it was knives, razors, etc, and that was evident during the 50s. It wasn't just greasers doing it, it was kids who had a score to settle with another kid outside of school. The difference is that these idiots bringing guns to school are pulling massacres, and not taking the issue up with the other kid, or doing it for the hell of it, etc. Regarding Paul Mooney is 100% on point with it. For example, remember the whole "Susan Powell" incident? Basically, her husband took her on a alleged camping trip in the winter with the kids in tow. She ended up disappearing, for some YEARS, while Josh Powell (her husband) was able to pack up his family, move several states away, and then KILL his children, and commit suicide. The reason why I know about this so well is because it took place in UTAH and the whole time, everybody was "investigating" and wondering "Gee, I don't understand what happened here? What went wrong? Lets pray for the family during this trying time.."smh. I kept saying that he killed her, and it's obvious, and these fools were too busy hemming and hawing. Look it up, it's right in our faces: Here's a list of articles pertaining to it.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=53574&nid=208&cx=partner-pub-3771868546990559%3Ar955z1-wmf4&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=ISO-8859-1&sa=Search&searchtype=kslcom&q=josh%20powell&x=15&y=19
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Mon 24 Dec 2012, 10:03 pm

More proof
Paul Mooney going in starting at 45.52

Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Mon 24 Dec 2012, 11:04 pm

parker lewis wrote:
As much general dislike as I have for the GOP, I have to point out here that that's not their stance on this. lol...

Again, that's those crazy WBC assholes.

THE young TURKS did a bit were the GOPs and WBC views aren't much different. Gangrich even stated that we are feeling the wrath of God cause we took God out of school. So this angered God? Not slavery, racial injustice, or genocide.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Mon 24 Dec 2012, 11:08 pm

lol... yea, I guess you can't ever rule out the psycho-Christian element of the GOP.

Sometimes I guess I just like to imagine that sensible POLITICAL Conservatism still exists. You're right though, it really doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Sat 29 Dec 2012, 5:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here they are bringing race into the equation, just like I did. Daam. Once black men in the ghetto start snappin' like this Whites really gonna be in trouble
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Mon 31 Dec 2012, 12:36 pm

More news pertaining to the shooting:

A girl from San Francisco gets suspended for creating a poem pertaining to the shooting in Sandy Hook:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/28/courtni-webb_n_2376833.html
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Mon 31 Dec 2012, 5:28 pm

We really have no hope of managing the broken and violent amongst us. The people 'in charge' are so disconnected. Heads up their asses. They're scrutinizing this kid's creativity, meanwhile some real dangerous kid is sulking in a corner, waiting to pop... completely unnoticed.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Mon 31 Dec 2012, 5:31 pm

This is entirely unsubstantiated (as far as I know), but I'm willing to bet that creative people, or people who exercise creativity, are much less likely to be large-scale murderers. It just seems therapeutic. Essentially it's an exercise in sensitivity...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Mon 31 Dec 2012, 10:54 pm

parker lewis wrote:
We really have no hope of managing the broken and violent amongst us. The people 'in charge' are so disconnected. Heads up their asses. They're scrutinizing this kid's creativity, meanwhile some real dangerous kid is sulking in a corner, waiting to pop... completely unnoticed.

I agree with this. I also think they are just running scared. If the administration didn't have any "proof" they could say they didn't see it coming. In this case, there were possible "hints" and they could say that they did something to prevent future trouble. It's the same with pedos in schools. They can prevent them from popping up as long as there is prior proof of their behavior. If there is no record, then they couldn't have seen it coming. --edit

I'm not taking the side of the school at all, I'm just thinking that their approach to the situation was based on the above logic. That being said, school administrators have NEVER EVER had the students in mind. They are only interested in making sure they can keep their jobs and the money flowing in the schools.

Last edited by Revue on Mon 31 Dec 2012, 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   Mon 31 Dec 2012, 11:04 pm

parker lewis wrote:
This is entirely unsubstantiated (as far as I know), but I'm willing to bet that creative people, or people who exercise creativity, are much less likely to be large-scale murderers. It just seems therapeutic. Essentially it's an exercise in sensitivity...

I think the whole thing is a damn shame, however it is nothing new. Creative types have been "hushed" by various means over hundreds and thousands of years, all across the world. It's just another instance where it took place in North America. I hope this incident gives her the fuel to continue writing. I hope she doesn't have to return to that school. A school that suspends a kid for writing poetry (which was NOT an assignment, by the way) is a school that no one should be forced to attend. Then again, the school system is designed to prepare them for menial work as long as they can follow instructions. No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the recent shooting incident   

Back to top Go down

the recent shooting incident
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2