Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tha Book Thread

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

Tha Book Thread Empty
PostSubject: Tha Book Thread   Tha Book Thread Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 10:28 pm

I just finished an old science fiction novel, Neuromancer (1984) by William Gibson.. A short read but a good one for me. Wonder if Myestro has read that one...

Pretty cool book for it's time, really maybe ahead of it's time for some of it's concepts and language. This book is what invented the term cyberspace and the idea of virtual reality, but also to follow it would be the novels, Pen and Paper RPG and early 90's video games of Shadowrun (awesome games), which were based around the themes of this very story (with additives), not to mention the series of Matrix movies themselves, and a bit of Johnny Mnemonic. I dont think Gibson got any credit for any of it though.

It's about a gritty future where humans are able to be enhanced with nerve splicing, wired reflexes and all kinds of stuff. The matrix exists as a virtual reality where Artificial Intelligence programs live and manipulate the world, while skilled hackers enter and try to break through sometimes deadly barriers to steal information and money from big corporations who posses these AI's.

Pretty cool book, but might be an obscure and slightly difficult read to some.
Back to top Go down

Tha Book Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tha Book Thread   Tha Book Thread Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 11:38 pm

Science fiction huh? That genre has never been my favorite, however, I prefer historical and autobiographical books. Maybe someday I'll get into science fiction, but right now, I don't see it happening real soon. So far, I finished reading Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison, Native Son, by Richard Wright, Mya Angelou's "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings", and now I'm finishing up "The Heart of a Woman" (the second part of her autobiography).
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Tha Book Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tha Book Thread   Tha Book Thread Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 3:23 am

I'm more into the type of books A Scott mentioned also. I recently finished The Auto Of Malcolm X, Knowledge of Self, and The Walking Dead The Compendium 2.

I'm currently reading a older book I had Know They Self for a 2nd time until I pick something new.
Back to top Go down

Tha Book Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tha Book Thread   Tha Book Thread Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 4:30 pm

My favorite author is Studs Terkel, the author of Hard Times, Race, Working, and American Dream. I've read all four of these books several times, and they'l never get old to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tha Book Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tha Book Thread   Tha Book Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tha Book Thread
Page 1 of 1