Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should ghost writing be universally accepted?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Should ghost writing be universally accepted? Empty
PostSubject: Should ghost writing be universally accepted?   Should ghost writing be universally accepted? Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 1:04 pm

Does it matter if an accomplished rapper used a ghost writer? Like Nas, dude earned his stripes, got hundreds of note books filled with rhymes. So what if he used a ghost writer? Sometimes its not what you say its how you say it. Flow,delivery, commanding a beat. Now if there was some new Nick Cannon type rapper that the industry is tryna sell his looks and he's an unproven MC using a ghost writer that would be fraud. New hungry talented rappers won't need a ghost writer. Theres dudes that can write better than they can flow. The Last Emperor and MechaGodzilla are two dudes that seem to have magnificent writing skills but they come up short in the delivery department.

Alot of older rappers lose pizzazz over their long career. They can't write like they used to but they can still flow. They should go head and bring in a ghost writer, someone that knows their style and can harken back to the days they were nice with their writing skills. I feel alot of rappers do use ghost writers, but I feel their role should be recognized.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Should ghost writing be universally accepted?   Should ghost writing be universally accepted? Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 2:10 pm

I think eventually it probably will because that's pretty much the standard anyway.

Rap/Hip-Hop is probably the only genre I can think of where performers are expected to write their own lyrics. But I think that has to do with its freestyling/improv roots.

Rock, R&B, Pop, etc. have been operating that way for years. It might not be on every song but ghostwriting is prevalent.

And I agree probably a lot more rappers do so than we think. And the importance of freestyling appears to be diminishing. MCs come to battes with pre-written material. It used to be that would automatically get you booed. Fewer people are batting eyes about it.

I don't think it will be acceptable amongst our generation but maybe the next. I have the expectation that a rapper write the majority of the rhymes on their album. A bought song here or there won't nix you. Even songwriters helping a rapper with a track isn't that bad. However if the rapper in question says they are the best in the game and all their shit is bought that's straight blasphemy. Have the decency to never claim to be a lyricist.

I guess in the end it comes down to what's more important the truth or the illusion but right now it looks like the illusion is winning. Broke mofos bragging about money.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Should ghost writing be universally accepted?   Should ghost writing be universally accepted? Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 3:41 pm

Idk, I'm not real cool with dudes spitting verses someone else wrote. I know it's pretty prevalent but still. Hooks are another story imo. I could care less if a rapper writes any of his own hooks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0

PostSubject: Re: Should ghost writing be universally accepted?   Should ghost writing be universally accepted? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2013, 11:27 pm

thelundquist wrote:
Idk, I'm not real cool with dudes spitting verses someone else wrote. I know it's pretty prevalent but still. Hooks are another story imo. I could care less if a rapper writes any of his own hooks.

I completely agree with this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should ghost writing be universally accepted?   Should ghost writing be universally accepted? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should ghost writing be universally accepted?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: