Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Uncle Ruckus- The Movie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Uncle Ruckus- The Movie   Thu 31 Jan 2013, 6:20 am

Sounds like Aaron Mcgruder is talking about making a live action movie starring Uncle Ruckus. Any thoughts on this?

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/01/30/the-boondockss-aaron-mcgruder-kickstarting-the-uncle-ruckus-live-action-movie/
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Ruckus- The Movie   Thu 31 Jan 2013, 5:26 pm

Nobody really cares about Boondocks anymore, he lost his buzz. Doubt he could get it financed.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Ruckus- The Movie   Fri 01 Feb 2013, 4:34 pm

SteveT wrote:
Nobody really cares about Boondocks anymore, he lost his buzz. Doubt he could get it financed.

I beg to differ
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Ruckus- The Movie   Fri 01 Feb 2013, 4:35 pm

SteveT wrote:

I beg to differ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Ruckus- The Movie   Fri 01 Feb 2013, 4:58 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
SteveT wrote:

I beg to differ

Yeah, people still watch the show, and are waiting for season 4 to come out on DVD. It's like saying that nobody cares about Detox's release date. I may not care about it, but there are others who are waiting for it still.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Ruckus- The Movie   Fri 01 Feb 2013, 7:24 pm

Because you two nobodies care =/= enough people to make it financially profitable.

And comparing some show that used to be good, and isn't even in the public discourse to the most overdue, and would be one of, if not the best, selling album to release all year? Wow.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Ruckus- The Movie   Fri 01 Feb 2013, 8:07 pm

Don't really want to see a live action Uncle Ruckus. i wouldn't mind another season of Boondocks though.

You run the risk of a "Simpsons Movie" moment if its a cartoon and its even more difficult live action.

I would tell him to do another season so he can create buzz with his core audience. And then do a book tour in advance of its release. And then try to get as many willing celebrities associated with the project to attract viewers who are only mildly familiar with the boondocks.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Ruckus- The Movie   Fri 01 Feb 2013, 8:36 pm

Afro Samurai is supposed to be getting a live action movie with Sam Jackson involved. I'm more excited to see that.

Guardians of the Galaxy is supposed to be getting a live action movie too but I'm disappointed they won't be using the original members.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Ruckus- The Movie   Fri 01 Feb 2013, 11:09 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
Afro Samurai is supposed to be getting a live action movie with Sam Jackson involved. I'm more excited to see that.

Guardians of the Galaxy is supposed to be getting a live action movie too but I'm disappointed they won't be using the original members.

Me too.

To be honest, watching Uncle Ruckus on the cartoon was enough for me. I actually hate his character, lol. I won't be adding any funds to this project, but I would like to know if they will be keeping the cartoon going.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Ruckus- The Movie   Sat 02 Feb 2013, 4:40 am

TheHazardous wrote:
Don't really want to see a live action Uncle Ruckus. i wouldn't mind another season of Boondocks though.

You run the risk of a "Simpsons Movie" moment if its a cartoon and its even more difficult live action.

I would tell him to do another season so he can create buzz with his core audience. And then do a book tour in advance of its release. And then try to get as many willing celebrities associated with the project to attract viewers who are only mildly familiar with the boondocks.

Yeah, the Simpson movie sucked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Ruckus- The Movie   

Back to top Go down

Uncle Ruckus- The Movie
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1