Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tim Dog dead at 46

Go down 
+2
D.Powell
Laced With Slang
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Tim Dog dead at 46 Empty
PostSubject: Tim Dog dead at 46   Tim Dog dead at 46 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Feb 2013, 8:22 am

Tim Dog passed away earlier today after suffering from a seizure.

News broke today that Hip Hop legend Tim Dog has passed away.

According to a recent report from The Source, the Bronx-born emcee passed away earlier today after suffering a seizure brought on by his long-standing bout with diabetes. He was 46 years old at the time of his death.

After cutting his teeth alongside fellow Bronx natives the Ultramagnetic MCs, Tim Dog rose to promise in the early '90s with his debut album Penicillin on Wax, which featured the controversial "Fuck Compton." Tim Dog went on to release three other solo albums, as well as two collaborative LPs with Ultramag alum Kool Keith.

Members of the Hip Hop community are already responding to the news of the iconic emcee's death. Hip Hop veterans El-P, Vinnie Paz, Ill Bill, Q-Unique and J-Zone all took to Twitter to express their condolences.
Back to top Go down

Tim Dog dead at 46 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Dog dead at 46   Tim Dog dead at 46 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Feb 2013, 8:24 am

Not many albums as entertaining as Penicillin On Wax
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Tim Dog dead at 46 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Dog dead at 46   Tim Dog dead at 46 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Feb 2013, 11:25 am

RIP, damn this is sad
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Tim Dog dead at 46 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Dog dead at 46   Tim Dog dead at 46 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Feb 2013, 11:34 am

I had heard about this one yesterday, his first album Penicillin On Wax was a personal classic for me....a really funny album (produced mainly by Ced Gee)...R.I.P. Tim Dog!
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Tim Dog dead at 46 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Dog dead at 46   Tim Dog dead at 46 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Feb 2013, 1:40 pm

Calling him a hip hop legend is a stretch if there ever was one. But I really enjoyed his 1st album. RIP to Mr. Fuck Compton. It took some balls or flat out arrogance to diss Compton during its height.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Tim Dog dead at 46 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Dog dead at 46   Tim Dog dead at 46 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Feb 2013, 1:45 pm

D.Powell wrote:
I had heard about this one yesterday, his first album Penicillin On Wax was a personal classic for me....a really funny album (produced mainly by Ced Gee)...R.I.P. Tim Dog!

How you can give a Tim Dog album this much props but diss Willie D is crazy. To me they have similar approaches to rapping.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Tim Dog dead at 46 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Dog dead at 46   Tim Dog dead at 46 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Feb 2013, 2:28 pm

Tic706 wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

How you can give a Tim Dog album this much props but diss Willie D is crazy. To me they have similar approaches to rapping.

ummm Kevin Tim Dog>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wil-lay "damn" D by a longshot IMO...but you already know how I feel about wil-lay don'tcha...lol

F.Y.I. Tim Dog is NOT a hip-hop legend, he just made a legendary hip-hop diss.......most hip-hop heads will always remember "Fuck Compton" which was inspired because of their rise up at that time....Cali was ruling the game so Tim decided to take advantage of that position and it helped to propel his first and really only one worth talking about album..."Penicillin On Wax"

the song Bronx n-i-g-g-a was classic on there IMO....that album was not to be taken too seriously IMO.....it was a funny album....it almost read like a hip-hop parody to the west's dominance at the time.....
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Tim Dog dead at 46 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Dog dead at 46   Tim Dog dead at 46 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Feb 2013, 2:47 pm

Tic706 wrote:
Calling him a hip hop legend is a stretch if there ever was one. But I really enjoyed his 1st album. RIP to Mr. Fuck Compton. It took some balls or flat out arrogance to diss Compton during its height.

He wasn't no legend. And if he had diabetes he should've been taking care of himself like Phife Dog.
Rip. dough
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Tim Dog dead at 46 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Dog dead at 46   Tim Dog dead at 46 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013, 5:29 pm

Tim Dog? He gets props from me because w/o him, a top 75 song to me wouldn't have existed.

Classic fuckin' track....RIP to Tim Dog!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Tim Dog dead at 46 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Dog dead at 46   Tim Dog dead at 46 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013, 4:58 am

JulioRoddyMattyTonyG wrote:
Tim Dog? He gets props from me because w/o him, a top 75 song to me wouldn't have existed.

Classic fuckin' track....RIP to Tim Dog!

tranny hates NYC and has never come anywhere near the place in his entire life....he has never crossed the chi-town line ever...strictly west and midwest for this guy...and he loves Atlanta teams (braves, hawks, falcons) and that city but has never been there either.....just a very confused individual..... He He

Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Tim Dog dead at 46 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Dog dead at 46   Tim Dog dead at 46 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013, 5:09 am

I give props to one of your Bronx rappers and yet u still try to diss me?

Monkey Piss Left Derrick Powell Monkey Piss Right
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Tim Dog dead at 46 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Dog dead at 46   Tim Dog dead at 46 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013, 11:04 am

JulioRoddyMattyTonyG wrote:
I give props to one of your Bronx rappers and yet u still try to diss me?

Monkey Piss Left Derrick Powell Monkey Piss Right

Laughing My Ass Off

that's your version of "props" tranny??? like I said earlier "a very confused individual" is exactly what you are mayne He He

but thanks for the "props" for good ol Tim Dog......R.I.P. once again to him and condolences to his loved ones....
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

Tim Dog dead at 46 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Dog dead at 46   Tim Dog dead at 46 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013, 3:44 pm

All I know is that a lot of people had financial beefs with him in the past few years. He was accused of confidence schemes.

Sorry the man died though regardless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tim Dog dead at 46 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Dog dead at 46   Tim Dog dead at 46 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tim Dog dead at 46
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: