Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate My Personal Classic #1

Go down 
+2
parker lewis
Wanduras
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

Rate My Personal Classic #1 Empty
PostSubject: Rate My Personal Classic #1   Rate My Personal Classic #1 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Feb 2013, 3:08 am

So, here's my idea. This may have been done before but fuck it. I was thinking that a lot of people have personal classics that other people don't agree with. Let's do a thread where we put up our personal classics for others to rate. We can each say our little piece about our justification for why we think its a classic and let others have at it. Maybe even throw up a vid of your fav joint off the album. Lets try to not have obvious classics here.

First up...

Rate My Personal Classic #1 Kurupt-Space-Boogie--Smo-444706

"Ni99as act like they gon get wit me when they see me on site, but I don't give a shit you bitch cuz I'm a gangsta fo life!"

That line from On Onsite pretty much says it all as far as why that's my favorite song from the album. It's just carefree G shit with a ridiculous beat. Can't Go Wrong with Quik and Butch Cas is a close second. As for the rest of it, I fucking JAM OUT to this joint. Streetz Iz A Mutha was dope too (most other's fav Kurupt album) but I have always thought Space Boogie murders it. Fredwreck is on fire on this album, Kurupt kills it and there are no skip tracks, IMO. So obviously its a 5.0 for me. What do ya'll say?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Personal Classic #1   Rate My Personal Classic #1 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Feb 2013, 12:56 pm

lol... Never even heard of this album before. Listening right now, it opens strong I can't deny that. I'll give some feedback later today probably.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Personal Classic #1   Rate My Personal Classic #1 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 4:13 am

Forgettable album to me. Kurupt just seems to get worst with each release. There are a few bangers but nothing classic about it to me. I'd give it 3.0-3.25 or so.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Personal Classic #1   Rate My Personal Classic #1 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 8:28 pm

Tic706 wrote:
Forgettable album to me. Kurupt just seems to get worst with each release. There are a few bangers but nothing classic about it to me. I'd give it 3.0-3.25 or so.

So Kev, you think Kuruption is his best solo album? That shit was terrible to me. It has been a while since I heard it but I never liked it when it came out. I can only see a case being made for Streetz as his best besides this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Personal Classic #1   Rate My Personal Classic #1 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Feb 2013, 9:51 am

I give it about 4 stars. Made me want to listen to this again . Standouts for me were Space Boogie, On Onsite (favorite on here....love that beat), Bring Back That G Shit and the one with MC Ren can't remember.

No cd with fred durst on it can be called a classic Rate My Personal Classic #1 365284 even personal classic!!!

I can't stand It's Over.......also cos my buddys little sister (probably about 4 at the time) it was her favorite song so that just made me more confident in my hatred for it. Not feeling Sunshine either but the rest is solid. Knock off a few tracks and i'd rate it higher. His 2nd best for me

I actually got caught drink driving to this cd a long time ago and i'm still paying for it today so it has painful memories

Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Personal Classic #1   Rate My Personal Classic #1 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Feb 2013, 11:19 am

Thing is that Kurupt never had appeal to me. I always hated his flow, matter of fact I think he has the worst flow in rap. Over a dope beat and alongside other more talented MCs Kurupt is tolerable.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Personal Classic #1   Rate My Personal Classic #1 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Feb 2013, 1:59 pm

Wanduras wrote:
Tic706 wrote:

So Kev, you think Kuruption is his best solo album? That shit was terrible to me. It has been a while since I heard it but I never liked it when it came out. I can only see a case being made for Streetz as his best besides this one.

Streetz is his best album and even that one to me was above average. I never reach for it anymore. His 1st album was aight to me. Since Streetz each one of his albums seemed to get worst. Space Od was not whack or anything just nothing that great about it.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Personal Classic #1   Rate My Personal Classic #1 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Feb 2013, 12:13 am

I remember that song "it's over" got into the australian charts... wasn't interested in buying the album back then after hearing that track, still havent heard da album to this day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Personal Classic #1   Rate My Personal Classic #1 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 9:35 pm

where's #2?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Personal Classic #1   Rate My Personal Classic #1 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 9:46 pm

Listened to this a couple of times. Maby about 3.5 - 4 for me. Dope album. Cool intro as well. I wasn't a fan of the song with Everlast either. Just seemed out of place. Should have been on Everlast's album.

I think I like Kuruption slightly more. I remeber being dissapointed with it back in the day. It's actually not a bad album. Def should have been narrowed down to 1 disc though. The east coast disc has a lot of filler.

Streetz remains my favorite, that's skip free and Dogg Food is a classic. Nobody rhymes Bitch with Bitch better than kurupt
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Personal Classic #1   Rate My Personal Classic #1 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Mar 2013, 6:33 pm

I'd say 3.5 stars on a good day. The only Kurupt solo with any true replay value is Streetz Iz A Mutha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Personal Classic #1   Rate My Personal Classic #1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate My Personal Classic #1
Page 1 of 1