Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R. Crumb

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

R. Crumb Empty
PostSubject: R. Crumb   R. Crumb Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 5:29 pm

Any R.Crumb fans? He to me is prolly one of the most interesting people in American history. Let alone the greatest cartoonist/comic artist in history. I own a lot of his books and galleries. When I was younger I was turned off by a lot of his work do to its racist nature. But when I saw a documentary on him it changed my mind. Crumb admits he's a nerd, geek, defect, wimp, and theres a lot of things he's afraid of. He portrays women, Blacks, among others in his comics in a sexist, racist manner. But he had confessed he's afraid of women, and his look on blacks is the typical White atitude. Hence, the typical White person is racist so its manifested in his comic. I can't get mad at that.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

R. Crumb Empty
PostSubject: Re: R. Crumb   R. Crumb Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 8:37 pm

I have his Blues book. I have seen the documentary, real interesting. One of my exgirlfriend's dad was a collector so I ended up learning a lot about Crumb from him.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

R. Crumb Empty
PostSubject: Re: R. Crumb   R. Crumb Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 6:58 pm

If you saw the Movie Bamboozled Jada Pickett Smith's character has a popular R.Crumb drawing hanging on her wall. Also Crumb has a character called WHITEMAN were he analyze the mentality of the typical White male. Clean, polite and orderly on the outside but inside him is a sex-crazed lunatic
wwho is very insecure with himself. Crumb nails it there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

R. Crumb Empty
PostSubject: Re: R. Crumb   R. Crumb Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R. Crumb
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: