Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Underground's Current Top Gun

Go down 
+8
mrmikeoxlong
parker lewis
Wanduras
D.Powell
Tic706
thelundquist
Dang! Trotter
Jack of Spades
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

The Underground's Current Top Gun Empty
PostSubject: The Underground's Current Top Gun   The Underground's Current Top Gun Icon_minitimeSat 16 Mar 2013, 10:07 pm

Who's your pick for the best Underground Artist these days?

My pick is definitely Bumpy Knuckles, based on:

Output - Dude keeps busy in the studio
Producer/Beat Selection - Premo, Statik, Pete Rock, Jazzy Jeff
Lyrics - Dude keeps it raw, relevant & fresh
Style/flow - Bumps has a knack of making that aggressive style work on almost any track
Innovative - Not afraid to try new shit (unlike many)

Of course, this will change with time, but right now, Bumps is on top IMO.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: The Underground's Current Top Gun   The Underground's Current Top Gun Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2013, 11:09 am

Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: The Underground's Current Top Gun   The Underground's Current Top Gun Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2013, 4:19 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
Celph Titled
Good one. I'd say KRIT is #2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Underground's Current Top Gun   The Underground's Current Top Gun Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2013, 4:51 pm

Brother Ali. He's consistent, and stays relevant.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: The Underground's Current Top Gun   The Underground's Current Top Gun Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2013, 10:24 pm

K-Rino
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: The Underground's Current Top Gun   The Underground's Current Top Gun Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2013, 12:29 pm

Good thread. Everyone has picked some real contenders. I'll say K-Rino also. He's been underground since the beginning and is still dropping underground independent albums.

Bump Knuc has been on his grind lately. He's on a 3rd wind.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: The Underground's Current Top Gun   The Underground's Current Top Gun Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2013, 3:32 pm

the best underground hip-hop artist right now for me is O.C.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Underground's Current Top Gun   The Underground's Current Top Gun Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2013, 10:21 pm

Sean P!
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: The Underground's Current Top Gun   The Underground's Current Top Gun Icon_minitimeWed 20 Mar 2013, 9:23 pm

After hearing Abrasions, I'm throwing Planet Asia into the discussion. That's two years in a row he's gonna make my top 10 albums list and I can't think of a disappointing album from him ever. He links up with dope producers that mesh perfectly with his flow and has a good balance of lyricism and pure raw rapping skill. Some people are gonna hate on me for saying this, but I think he's a better Gza.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Underground's Current Top Gun   The Underground's Current Top Gun Icon_minitimeThu 21 Mar 2013, 2:20 am

^^^ good pick. Glad to hear Abrasions is dope. Still haven't received my copy. He might have 2 in your top ten this year with Durag Dynasty coming out next week.

I hate you for saying he's better than GZA though
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: The Underground's Current Top Gun   The Underground's Current Top Gun Icon_minitimeThu 21 Mar 2013, 9:15 am

These are all great picks... obviously a few of these aren't my taste, but still completely reasonable.

I'd nominate Statik Selektah & Moka Only.
Back to top Go down
mrmikeoxlong
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
mrmikeoxlong

PostSubject: Re: The Underground's Current Top Gun   The Underground's Current Top Gun Icon_minitimeThu 21 Mar 2013, 11:03 am

Right now its 7L & Esoteric they both went fucking hard on Czarface and Eso also was one of my favorite from the new Demigodz album, not to mention pretty much all his past albums have been on point.

Depending on how R.A's newest album goes this might change.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: The Underground's Current Top Gun   The Underground's Current Top Gun Icon_minitimeThu 21 Mar 2013, 4:27 pm

mrmikeoxlong wrote:
Right now its 7L & Esoteric they both went fucking hard on Czarface and Eso also was one of my favorite from the new Demigodz album, not to mention pretty much all his past albums have been on point.

I agree to these terms.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: The Underground's Current Top Gun   The Underground's Current Top Gun Icon_minitimeSat 23 Mar 2013, 3:47 pm

rez'82 wrote:
I hate you for saying he's better than GZA though

Lol, I thought someone would.

I didn't even know about Durag Dynasty, you may be right about that too.

Esoteric is a great pick too. Czarface is obviously fantastic and I just recently spun Killmatic and he shined on there too. He didn't necessarily OUTshine, tho. I'm really diggin Killmatic. Other than Eso, I'm not really a big solo fan of Ap or Celph but hearing them sprinkled over an album with the rest of the Demigodz is quite pleasing.
Back to top Go down
mrmikeoxlong
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
mrmikeoxlong

PostSubject: Re: The Underground's Current Top Gun   The Underground's Current Top Gun Icon_minitimeMon 25 Mar 2013, 4:54 pm

Eso is still surprising me same with the rest of the demigodz, they killed it in swollen members newest album while he didn't out shine everyone on the track but he's tied with apathy and madchild for first place.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: The Underground's Current Top Gun   The Underground's Current Top Gun Icon_minitimeFri 29 Mar 2013, 12:08 am

After giving it some thought, here's a list:

1) Bumpy Knuckles
2) K.R.I.T.
3) Fashwan
4) Blu
5) Masta Ace
6) OC
7) K-Rino
8} J-Live
9) Terminology
10) Reks
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: The Underground's Current Top Gun   The Underground's Current Top Gun Icon_minitimeFri 29 Mar 2013, 12:36 am

mrmikeoxlong wrote:
Eso is still surprising me same with the rest of the demigodz, they killed it in swollen members newest album while he didn't out shine everyone on the track but he's tied with apathy and madchild for first place.

The guests were the only verses I liked on that album. Slaine & Ill Bill topped the whole album. The beat on 'Difference' is real nice, though.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: The Underground's Current Top Gun   The Underground's Current Top Gun Icon_minitimeMon 01 Apr 2013, 11:45 am

Is Black Hippy still consider underground? Because if they are, I think these guys are on top of the game right now.

I'm loving this song
Back to top Go down
mrmikeoxlong
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
mrmikeoxlong

PostSubject: Re: The Underground's Current Top Gun   The Underground's Current Top Gun Icon_minitimeMon 01 Apr 2013, 2:08 pm

I wouldn't consider black hippy underground in the slightest, since I'm pretty sure all of them are signed to Interscope.

Also Parker what about the swollen members newest album were you not diggin?
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: The Underground's Current Top Gun   The Underground's Current Top Gun Icon_minitimeTue 02 Apr 2013, 2:03 am

ah, didn't know they were all signed to Interscope, I thought it was just Kendrick who was signed.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The Underground's Current Top Gun   The Underground's Current Top Gun Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr 2013, 12:03 am

i dnt know if best is the right word but Vinnie Paz needs to be mentioned. Two really damn good solos in recent years
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: The Underground's Current Top Gun   The Underground's Current Top Gun Icon_minitimeFri 26 Apr 2013, 10:55 am

@mrmike... I really just don't care for these guys' mic presence. Their flow come off awkward to me.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: The Underground's Current Top Gun   The Underground's Current Top Gun Icon_minitimeFri 26 Apr 2013, 11:37 am

Jack of Spades wrote:
After giving it some thought, here's a list:

1) Bumpy Knuckles
2) K.R.I.T.
3) Fashwan
4) Blu
5) Masta Ace
6) OC
7) K-Rino
8} J-Live
9) Terminology
10) Reks

K-Rino is the only underground artist on that list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Underground's Current Top Gun   The Underground's Current Top Gun Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Underground's Current Top Gun
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: