Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nine

Go down 
+3
Myestro
Tic706
parker lewis
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Nine Empty
PostSubject: Nine    Nine Icon_minitimeMon 25 Mar 2013, 12:41 am

Any Nine fans on here?

Those first two albums (Nine Livez and Cloud 9) are both classics to me. If you find them cheap scoop them up cos they go for a lot of money now.

He kind of disappeared after that. I heard a feature on Poor Righteous Teachers third album and Hip Hop Respect EP on Rawkus but I can't think of anything else he was on at the moment.

For those who haven't heard him he sounds like a mixture of DMX, Xzibit and Ja Rule. He doesn't make shitty music like Ja, just the voice a bit. His biggest song was Whatcha Want? from his debut.

He has one more album called Quinine from 2009 and another mix cd called Return Of The Hardcore which is songs recorded between '99 - 2003 that I just bought. I'l let u know how they are if anyone on here gives a fuck
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Nine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine    Nine Icon_minitimeMon 25 Mar 2013, 12:47 am

I agree the first two albums are classic... more so Cloud 9 personally.

No need to tell how his last two albums are. I already know they're absolutely fucking terrible. Sorry you spent on them.
Back to top Go down

Nine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine    Nine Icon_minitimeMon 25 Mar 2013, 1:12 am

ahhh shit
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Nine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine    Nine Icon_minitimeMon 25 Mar 2013, 12:23 pm

I really like his 1st album. the 2nd one I don't remember much about.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

Nine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine    Nine Icon_minitimeMon 25 Mar 2013, 5:35 pm

Cloud 9 is a definite classic (personal or otherwise) in my book. I love Nine Livez, but it's not quite classic for me. Still, absolutely love both albums.

I heard Quinine once or twice but can't really remember it. I know it was too little, too late and wasn't anything to write home about, but other than that, I can't remember it.
Back to top Go down
PKT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Nine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine    Nine Icon_minitimeTue 26 Mar 2013, 8:21 am

Cloud 9 is 5/5 stars imo.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Nine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine    Nine Icon_minitimeTue 26 Mar 2013, 5:25 pm

Nine's first two joints are certified bangers and both are classic IMO as well...I agree with you guys there....Nine was completely overlooked during that second golden era because there was so much dopeness out at the time that he was kinda taken for granted....he would have been much more respected as the extremely dope hip-hop artist that he was if he had come out now....props for this thread for remembering one of the most overlooked emcees from the mid 90's...this was my favorite joint from him:

Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Nine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine    Nine Icon_minitimeTue 26 Mar 2013, 7:33 pm

I like both albums, but "Nine Livez" is the better one imo. "Whatchu Want" brings back memories from 95.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Nine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine    Nine Icon_minitimeTue 26 Mar 2013, 7:34 pm

Back to top Go down

Nine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine    Nine Icon_minitimeWed 27 Mar 2013, 6:45 pm

A lot of love for nine on here. Ican't really pick a favourite from his first two but I do skip one song on Nine Livez. That one with the feature from a guy called froggy frog who tries to rap like an actual frog from comlete with ribbets. That is probably the worst gimmick in the history of hip hop

Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Nine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine    Nine Icon_minitimeWed 27 Mar 2013, 6:47 pm

I think it was a tongue-in-cheek crack at Snoop.
Back to top Go down

Nine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine    Nine Icon_minitimeWed 27 Mar 2013, 6:55 pm

hmm maybe, they should have kept that joke to themselves though

Makes me think I used to love DMX first album. Still do. And he barked and growled and whimpered like a dog. That's pretty fucking retarted. Older heads were probably thinking look at this fucking clown listening to dog noises lets go listen to our fat boys cassette
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Nine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine    Nine Icon_minitimeWed 27 Mar 2013, 7:32 pm

I remember when Quinine dropped... First four tracks or so were dope as fuck, the rest was skip material smh
Back to top Go down

Nine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine    Nine Icon_minitimeWed 27 Mar 2013, 9:57 pm

The samples of Quinine didn't sound too bad to me. Return Of The Hardcore sounded a bit suspect but I just wanted to hear more from him. It's been too long. Hopefully I like them more than you guys cos it cost me over $40 and one of them is a fucking cd-r. My expectations have been lowered anyway
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

Nine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine    Nine Icon_minitimeThu 28 Mar 2013, 4:21 pm

rez'82 wrote:
The samples of Quinine didn't sound too bad to me. Return Of The Hardcore sounded a bit suspect but I just wanted to hear more from him. It's been too long. Hopefully I like them more than you guys cos it cost me over $40 and one of them is a fucking cd-r. My expectations have been lowered anyway

I'd say Quinine is along the same lines as Del The Funky Homosapien's "11th Hour" or Lords of The Underground's "House of Lords". Not in the way it sounds, just in the sense that overall it's disappointing, given their previous work. There's still some enjoyable content, but those are usually regarded as the weakest in said artist's discog. Having only heard Nine Livez, Cloud 9 and Quinine, I'd say it's by far his weakest (of the three I've heard).

But, everyone is different, so you might love it. Only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nine    Nine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nine
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Old Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: