Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"

Go down 
+2
Dang! Trotter
SyRuP Sippa
6 posters
AuthorMessage

LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist" Empty
PostSubject: LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"   LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist" Icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 7:43 pm

I still don't know what to say about this song:

It reminds me of this though:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"   LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist" Icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 8:52 pm

THe whole thing sounds like a big broad paint brush to me. I think LL and Brad needed to actually sit down and have those beers together so they could talk everything over BEFORE they made the song. I'm, talking no holds barred conversations. I think the song would have came out different. I mean "Forget my gold chains and I'll forget the Iron Chains" ? For real?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"   LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist" Icon_minitimeTue 09 Apr 2013, 5:31 pm

NYOIL goes in on the whole thing:

Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"   LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist" Icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 6:52 pm

Stop talking to yourself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"   LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist" Icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 9:32 pm

SyRuP Sippa wrote:
Stop talking to yourself.

Apparently you responded, so I guess I'm not talking to myself.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"   LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist" Icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013, 1:02 pm

Theres a internet witchhunt for that song, can't find it anywhere. I can't judge it till I hear it
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"   LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist" Icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013, 2:48 pm

Well, I tracked the song down and its garbage. First off its a country song, not a country hip hop mesh. Im not mad at Brad's lyrics cause he represents the typical southern white (from what I heard he's not even from the south) But LL's views does not represent the average Black's
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"   LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist" Icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013, 4:49 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"   LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist" Icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013, 4:57 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
Well, I tracked the song down and its garbage. First off its a country song, not a country hip hop mesh. Im not mad at Brad's lyrics cause he represents the typical southern white (from what I heard he's not even from the south) But LL's views does not represent the average Black's

I couldn't find the song to save my life. It was available for quite a while. Do you still have the link for anybody who may want to check it out?

I guess people should have checked the thread out earlier.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"   LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist" Icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013, 5:11 pm

They should've use Willie D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"   LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist" Icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013, 5:16 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:

Lol!
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"   LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist" Icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013, 5:16 pm

I think their hearts were in the right place, or the intentions were good, but the execution of it was it's downfall.

It's not my kind of music, obviously, and the gold chains/iron chains was the worst of it.

Gotta at least give them props for trying something new, and trying to move us in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"   LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist" Icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013, 5:17 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:

That would be amusing, but we all know Brad Paisley wouldn't have lived to see the end of the song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"   LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist" Icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013, 5:28 pm

Man, this thing is really starting to heat up. I found this article: "LL Being Pushed to Step Up Like James Brown Was After He Did a Race in America Song" http://hiphopandpolitics.wordpress.com/2013/04/11/ll-being-pushed-to-step-up-like-james-brown-was-after-he-did-a-race-in-america-song/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"   LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist" Icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013, 5:38 pm

I just found a working link to the song:
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"   LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist" Icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013, 6:10 pm

Alright, finally heard it. Paisley's part is actually the better part of the song. LL's actual verse is bad, not just in it's corniness and shortsightedness but also in flow and delivery. His little comments at the end about forgetting the du rag and chains were really unnecessary, out of place, and brought the song down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"   LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist" Icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013, 6:59 pm

I find it interesting that people are saying that a person can't address many many years of history in 3 to 4 minutes, but they also think a 3-4 minute song could erase many many years of it in one swoop, like they have jedi mind tricks or some fictitious shit like that.

Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"   LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist" Icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013, 7:24 pm

It's bad, but not quite as terrible I thought it would be. LL's ad libs at the end were definitely the worst part... lol did he just say "RIP Robert E. Lee"?! I just heard that as i was typing, geez...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"   LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist" Icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013, 7:53 pm

Especially after Django Unchained, these motherfuckers should know this is some serious shit, not some 4 minute let's grab a beeeeerrrrr n circle jerk next to my pickup shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"   LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist" Icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013, 8:49 pm

I found a radio show that explains it completely. And this is from a white southerner's point of view:

Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"   LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist" Icon_minitimeSat 13 Apr 2013, 4:50 am

The song plays for like 2 minutes before LL kicked his verse. I'd thought they'd a drum beat or do something for the song to appeal to the rap crowd. Its a feel good song for country bunks. LL didn't go hard.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"   LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist" Icon_minitimeSat 13 Apr 2013, 10:09 am

Myestro wrote:
Dang! Trotter wrote:

That would be amusing, but we all know Brad Paisley wouldn't have lived to see the end of the song.

Score = 10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"   LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist" Icon_minitimeMon 15 Apr 2013, 9:44 am

Tic706 wrote:
Myestro wrote:
Dang! Trotter wrote:

Score = 10

I'm sure LL was picked because he looked "more approachable". Either that or the lyrics were already written and everybody else heard them and was like Pssh!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"   LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist" Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr 2013, 12:00 am

This song is an abomination to music and society.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"   LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LL Cool J and Brad Paisley's new song "Accidental Racist"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: