Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recent Spins

Go down 
+26
TheHazardous
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Z-membu
Highsmith
SkinnyTheFloridian
Justice
Half
Alan
boet
D.Powell
gametheory91
Jason
E. Taylor
Deanie O'Banion
Zuri The Ghost A.B.N.
Purple Haze
Justin Linker
Dwight
Xcel
Norfeest
Funk Seoul Brother
Laced With Slang
arokone
Shaun
Esco
T. Myers
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

Recent Spins - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 10:37 pm

Jada- The Last Kiss
The Roots- Rising Down
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009, 9:22 am

Tanya Morgan - Brooklynatti - 2009 classic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009, 9:47 am

MarcoPolo wrote:
Tanya Morgan - Brooklynatti - 2009 classic.

Nice! Good to see someone liking it as much as me. This album will get LOTS of spins. I'm currently addicted to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009, 9:51 am

Esco wrote:
Minnesota Hip-Hop Fiend wrote:
I've bumped Ice-T "O.G. Original Gangster" about 4 times in the last couple of days in the ride. That album never gets old to me. I think I may be going on an Ice-T binge very soon. I gotta brush up on some of his later days works.

Artist binges are dope to me while they last. After it's over I don't really listen to that stuff for a long time since I've heard it so much, it gets boring.

Yeah, it's a constant cycle with me. I spin Ice-T pretty frequently, but many artists I will "binge" on the whole or partial catalog. Get my fix, move on, then return to those albums for another "binge" at a future date...lol...some artists have gotten more binges than others over the years.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009, 9:53 am

Method Man-Tical
Method Man & Redman-Blackout
Redman-Whut Thee Album
Redman-Dare iz a Darkside
Redman-Muddy Waters
Redman-Doc's Da Name
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009, 9:55 am

T. Myers wrote:
Method Man-Tical
Method Man & Redman-Blackout
Redman-Whut Thee Album
Redman-Dare iz a Darkside
Redman-Muddy Waters
Redman-Doc's Da Name

Speaking of "binges"... lol
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009, 9:57 am

yeah, I played Blackout, and it made me want more. Sadly, this will probably make more disappointed when i listen to Blackout 2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009, 1:50 pm

T. Myers wrote:
yeah, I played Blackout, and it made me want more. Sadly, this will probably make more disappointed when i listen to Blackout 2.

LOL - yeah, that can happen. Leading up to EPMD's newest album, I did the same thing. And was very disappointed when I bought "We Mean Business". lol

That's what I like about buying albums from old school vets though. If it's dope (or even if it's not sometimes), it makes me want to go back and listen to their old records again. And no matter how many times I've spun those old records in the past, I usually always find something else I like about them.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009, 1:53 pm

I did the same thing with EPMD, and i feel like i judged it too harshly. I still feel it s one of their worst, but it's still good. I loved the guest spots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009, 2:08 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I did the same thing with EPMD, and i feel like i judged it too harshly. I still feel it s one of their worst, but it's still good. I loved the guest spots.

I liked the guests too. I noticed E Double slippin' lyrically before that album though. I anticipated that being an issue with me. And it was. I liked PMD for the most part, and I really liked the guest spots like you mentioned. KRS came through nicely there. But Sermon just held that album back IMO. I thought he may have stepped up his game a bit, but that wasn't the case.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009, 2:10 pm

T. Myers wrote:

I liked the guests too. I noticed E Double slippin' lyrically before that album though. I anticipated that being an issue with me. And it was. I liked PMD for the most part, and I really liked the guest spots like you mentioned. KRS came through nicely there. But Sermon just held that album back IMO. I thought he may have stepped up his game a bit, but that wasn't the case.

yeah, Erick Sermon set it back a little. Keith Murray had the best guest appearance on the album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009, 2:18 pm

T. Myers wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

yeah, Erick Sermon set it back a little. Keith Murray had the best guest appearance on the album.

I think I still like the KRS spot most, but I can see you saying that. I'd have to bump both again.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009, 5:40 pm

"Tanya Morgan - Brooklynatti - 2009 classic."

Good. I went to the mall today to get Relapse, this, and Blackout 2, and Best Buy had them all. But they were all 13.99. So I went to FYE to get them for 9.99 and they didn't have any new releases from this week! Plus, they only had one Tanya Morgan CD, and it was the EP. Bullshit!!!!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009, 6:06 pm

Shon wrote:
"Tanya Morgan - Brooklynatti - 2009 classic."

Good. I went to the mall today to get Relapse, this, and Blackout 2, and Best Buy had them all. But they were all 13.99. So I went to FYE to get them for 9.99 and they didn't have any new releases from this week! Plus, they only had one Tanya Morgan CD, and it was the EP. Bullshit!!!!

Best Buy has them them all except Tanya Morgan for $9.99 or less. Even if they are not on sale in your store, they have to match their online price.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009, 6:08 pm

Oh crap!! You're right. Back there, I go...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 8:40 am

That Tanya Morgan is completely smoking, Shon!
Back to top Go down
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Xcel

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 11:55 pm

Ice Cube - Amerikkkas Most Wanted (5/5)
Senim Silla - The Name The Motto The Outcome (5/5)
Compton's Most Wanted - Music To Drive By (4.5/5)
Pharcyde - Labcabincalifornia (4.5/5)
Del the funky homosapien - I Wish My Brother George Was Here (5/5)
Nas - Illmatic (5/5)
Eminem - Slim Shady LP (4 - 4.5/5)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 12:08 am

Jelly Roll-Hate Goes On
Chad Aarmes-Mr. Nice Guy
Paleface-Feast or Famine
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 8:20 am

In rotation:

Mc Eiht--->We come strapped
Coup--->Steal this album
Incise--->Nobodys Story
Eric Person--->Rythm Edge
Thelonius Monk--->Monks dream

Peace
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 8:28 am

Starting to give Black Out 2 a few spin's now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 10:31 pm

Redman & Method Man- Blackout 2

I would say this would be 4 stars for me right now. The last 2 tracks are horrible, but the rest of the CD is actually pretty good. A 3.5 would be fair as well, especially since the original Blackout is better. I will have to spin this some more to see what's up.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 8:43 am

Ludacris-Theater Of The Mind
Organized Konfusion-Organized Konfusion
Organized Konfusion-Stress: The Extinction Agenda
Organized Konfusion-The Equinox
Pharoahe Monch-Internal Affairs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 8:58 am

Nice spins on the Organized Konfusion. I wonder how folks would rank them? They are right around 50 for me.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 9:01 am

Nice spins on the Organized Konfusion. I wonder how folks would rank them? They are right around 50 for me.

Personally, Pharoahe Monch is a top 10 MC so i'd rank them fairly high too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 9:04 am

T. Myers wrote:

Yeah, they'd probably get top 50 from me. Prince Po matches Monch's dopeness IMO. Sometimes I like him more....I think of him like Big Boi in that respect.

What's your favorite OK album?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 9:10 am

Haystak-Natural 2
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 9:11 am

T. Myers wrote:

Yeah, they'd probably get top 50 from me. Prince Po matches Monch's dopeness IMO. Sometimes I like him more....I think of him like Big Boi in that respect.

Prince Po is cool, but i've never heard any of his solo material. I prefer their debut the most, but Stress isn't too far behind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 9:20 am

T. Myers wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Prince Po is cool, but i've never heard any of his solo material. I prefer their debut the most, but Stress isn't too far behind.

Sadly, I need Prince Po's solo too...lol

I also prefer the debut the most. Sadly, my CD has the audio problem where the sound only comes out one side, so I actually play the cassette and vinyl more. lol
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 9:22 am

T. Myers wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

I also prefer the debut the most. Sadly, my CD has the audio problem where the sound only comes out one side, so I actually play the cassette and vinyl more. lol

Thankfully, my disc is fine. I bought mine at a used store, and i was able to test it before i bought it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 9:27 am

T. Myers wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Thankfully, my disc is fine. I bought mine at a used store, and i was able to test it before i bought it.

Really? I've had a couple different copies and my buddy has one, and all were bad. I didn't think one existed. If the album ever gets reissued/remastered, I'll be first in line to pick it up....it's in dire need of a remastering anyway.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 9:29 am

T. Myers wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Really? I've had a couple different copies and my buddy has one, and all were bad. I didn't think one existed. If the album ever gets reissued/remastered, I'll be first in line to pick it up....it's in dire need of a remastering anyway.

Would you like me to upload it for you so you have a good version?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 9:34 am

T. Myers wrote:
Would you like me to upload it for you so you have a good version?

Would you mind? I'd really appreciate that. Cause who knows how many I'd have to download before I found one. lol

...I had to breakdown those quotes...it was getting distracting. lol
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 9:37 am

Yeah, I'll try to do it tonight. When i get it done, I'll e-mail you the link. I wonder why some are ok, and others are messed up?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 9:39 am

T. Myers wrote:
Yeah, I'll try to do it tonight. When i get it done, I'll e-mail you the link. I wonder why some are ok, and others are messed up?

They must have had 2 pressings (or more). I hear that the older one is ok from various reviews, but the repress got f'ed up. I'm not really sure how or why, or if that info is even accurate. lol

Thanks again. It'll be nice to bump it in the car and have it sound nice. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 10:31 am

DMX- Year Of The Dog Again
Outkast- ATLiens
Chubb Rock- And The Winner Is...
Jean Grae- The Evil Jeanius (still say its betta than Jeanius)
Akrobatik- Balance
LL Cool J- All World
GZA- Liquid Swords
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 10:46 am

Haystak-Natural 2 (again)

Hey Al what's the name of the tape Ali put out before Rites of Passage?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 10:56 am

Lord Emperor N3R0N0N wrote:
Hey Al what's the name of the tape Ali put out before Rites of Passage?

To my knowledge, his first was "Rites of Passage". That's what I've read and heard from him on several occasions. You know something I don't?

I actually just bumped "Rites of Passage" the other. Raw as hell and it sounds way low budget, but I like it. He rapped harder on that one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 1:52 pm

I swear he said he had two tapes before "Shadows On The Sun" I could be wrong though.

All I remember from the interview was he felt he was trying to sound like he was from NY and says "son" on it a bunch of times and wants to break the master copy every time he hears it.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 3:02 pm

Madlib - Shades of Blue (5/5 stars)
De La Soul - Stakes Is High (4.5/5 stars)
De La Soul - Bionix (3/5 stars)
De La Soul - Art Offical Intelligence (3.5/5 stars)
Pete Rock & CL Smooth (5/5 stars)
The QN5 - Asterisk Volume 1 (4/5 stars)
D-Tension - Contacts & Contracts II (4.25/5 stars)
Shad - When This Is Over (5/5 stars)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 3:19 pm

Lord Emperor N3R0N0N wrote:
I swear he said he had two tapes before "Shadows On The Sun" I could be wrong though.

All I remember from the interview was he felt he was trying to sound like he was from NY and says "son" on it a bunch of times and wants to break the master copy every time he hears it.

Have you heard "Rites Of Passage"? It's definitely a home recording. But I don't doubt he was recording before that one, so maybe there is another out there. Cause he produces "Rites Of Passage" and he sounds like he's been at it a while by that point. But he has never mentioned it in any interview I've seen. Was it a video interview?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009, 8:51 am

J Highsmith wrote:
Redman & Method Man- Blackout 2

I would say this would be 4 stars for me right now. The last 2 tracks are horrible, but the rest of the CD is actually pretty good. A 3.5 would be fair as well, especially since the original Blackout is better. I will have to spin this some more to see what's up.

Yeah after 2 listen's, I could see me giving this 3.75 to 4 star's. So far Im Dope Nigga and How Bout That are my fav track's.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009, 11:00 am

Proof - Searching for Jerry Garcia
AZ - The Format
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009, 2:53 pm

Pete Rock-Soul Survivor
Grand Puba-Reel To Reel
Sadat X-Wild Cowboys
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 11:41 am

In rotation:

Busta--->Back on my Bull shit
Mef and Red---->Black out 2
Xclan--->Mainstream outlaws
Spice 1--->187 he wrote
Casual-->Fear itself
Brandford Marsalis--->Eternal
Buena vista club--->Blazing....

Peace
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 7:56 am

Nas- Illmatic
Common- Be
The Game- The Documentary
The Game- The Doctor's Advocate
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 9:13 am

BDP-Criminal Minded
BDP-By All Means Necessary
Masta Ace-Disposable Arts
Kool G Rap & DJ Polo-Live And Let Die
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 9:18 am

Honestly I think it was the interview he did about Scribble Jam with Murs, Slug, and Aesop from Urb for forever ago.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 1:11 pm

Tribe's first 3
Marco Polo- Port Authority
A few Royce albums that I don't remember listening to
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 3:33 pm

That made no sense Shon.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 3:49 pm

No, I knew I listened to a bunch of Royce, I just don't know which records they were.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent Spins   Recent Spins - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recent Spins
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next