Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HipHopQuiz2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

HipHopQuiz2 Empty
PostSubject: HipHopQuiz2   HipHopQuiz2 Icon_minitimeThu 09 May 2013, 11:23 pm

Okay, I think I have some more well-rounded accessible questions...i.e. easier..

1. Addidas were always popular but what old school sneakers that were suppose to be the rival to Addidas to the point there was an actual rap video with stop motion animation of this particular shoe destroying a pair of Addidas.

2. Speaking of Stop-motion name 5 hip hop videos using stop motion

3. What was Sir-Mix-a-Lot's first break out hit?

4. What Wu-affiliated rap group did Pop Tha Brown Hornet belong to?
A. Royal Fam
B. Population Click
c.Gladiator Posse
D. Sunz Of Man
E. Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch

5. In what Naughty By Nature song did Vinny take a swipe at Sir-Mix-Alot?

6. Name 2 rappers Jay-Z personally co-signed when he was famous (showed up in their videos and shit) that never trully blew up

7. What inspired MF Doom's mask design

8. What rapper helped Canibus savage his career, and Bis admits to it

9. On national TV Ice-T made a modest swipe at Will Smith aka Fresh Prince for describing his rap style as what?
(Hint: famous vacation destination)

10. What did Will Smith aka Fresh Prince always whine about when he got an award?

11. MC Hammer was always commercial so you can't call him a sell out for making pop-songs but he is a sell-out for doing this
A. dropping the MC from his name

B. Coming out with a song about Rump in the Trunks after doing a song about prayer

C. Doing a pepsi commercial were he couldn't rap unless he drank the beverage first

D. Doing a fried chicken commercial

E. All of the above

12. The song INVASION off Jeru's Wrath Of Math was featured before hand on what soundtrack?

Back to top Go down

HipHopQuiz2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HipHopQuiz2   HipHopQuiz2 Icon_minitimeThu 09 May 2013, 11:57 pm

1. Puma?

2. don't get to see many videos here

3. Baby Got Back.....but that seems too easy.....I Checks My Bank off Trespass soundtrack? They are the only ones I've heard and I don't think the other was a hit

4. Gladiator Posse.....positive of that one, he was the stand out

5. Can't remember. I want to say it's off the 19 Naughty III album though

6. I'm pretty sure Sauce Money would be one.....Amil?

7. I remember hearing it had something to do with the death of subroc from KMD

8. Mr. Cheeks or K-Solo?

9. Hollywood?.....doesn't really make sense though ha

10. Hip Hop not getting proper coverage on tv?

11. I'll take a guess and say E. All of the above

12. Positive of this one, I own it....New Jersey Drive Vol. 2

Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

HipHopQuiz2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HipHopQuiz2   HipHopQuiz2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 May 2013, 12:50 am

1. Bally's-It was in a Doug E. Fresh video stomping out the Adidas made popular by Run-D.M.C.

2. well that Doug.E.Fresh vid is one, I'll let some others name the rest Big Grin

3. Sir Mix Alot-My Posse's On Broadway

4.Sunz Of Man?? (not sure)

5. Naughty By Nature-It's On

6. Sauce Money, Memphis Bleek, Beanie Sigel, Amil, he co-signed all four and not one of them actually ever "blew up" that I remember...marginal careers bests describes them all

7. Dr.Doom

8. Can-I-Bus never salvaged shit, after Cool J and Eminem got through with his ass......

9. Disney Land

10.??? don't know but I do know that Will isn't whining about shit anymore...not with that actor's guild card he isn't....

11. All Of The Above for Hammer and he was still a great hip-hop artist IMO....he sold out but Hammer made some really good pop hip-hop songs.....especially when I think about what's out right now on the pop side...fuckin' horrible....

12. New Jersey Drive Vol 2. (that and the first were two extremely dope soundtracks, when soundtracks still meant something)

Last edited by D.Powell on Fri 10 May 2013, 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

HipHopQuiz2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HipHopQuiz2   HipHopQuiz2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 May 2013, 1:00 am

Both got more wrong than right. Ill keep this up for awhile
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

HipHopQuiz2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HipHopQuiz2   HipHopQuiz2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 May 2013, 1:03 am

Dang! Trotter wrote:

lol...okay which ones are right?
Back to top Go down

HipHopQuiz2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HipHopQuiz2   HipHopQuiz2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 May 2013, 2:17 am

I think I got 2/12.

At best 5 / 12

I shoulda got that Naughty one, that's my favourite song on there
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

HipHopQuiz2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HipHopQuiz2   HipHopQuiz2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 May 2013, 2:44 am

I think on the Jay-Z one he is talking about Jaz-O but when Jay appeared in Hawaiian Sophie Jaz-O obviously never "blew up" and Jigga was nowhere near famous in that video sooooo.....Hey Trotter fashion these questions right mayne...lol

oh and let me know which ones are right or at least give me a number.....
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

HipHopQuiz2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HipHopQuiz2   HipHopQuiz2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 May 2013, 3:32 am

D.Powell wrote:
Dang! Trotter wrote:

If I tell you whats right itll make the quiz easier for others. I will tell you one thing POSSE ON BROADWAY was NOT Sir-Mix-Alot's first hit. Im surprised you got that wrong
Back to top Go down

HipHopQuiz2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HipHopQuiz2   HipHopQuiz2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 May 2013, 5:16 am

D.Powell wrote:
I think on the Jay-Z one he is talking about Jaz-O but when Jay appeared in Hawaiian Sophie Jaz-O obviously never "blew up" and Jigga was nowhere near famous in that video sooooo.....Hey Trotter fashion these questions right mayne...lol

oh and let me know which ones are right or at least give me a number.....

I nearly put Jaz-O but didn't for the same reasons. I think Memphis Bleek and Beanie Sigel at least went gold and went on to make more albums at least. I don't think Sauce Money had another album after middle finger u failed. And I don't know what the fuck Amil did so I don't think it was much

Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

HipHopQuiz2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HipHopQuiz2   HipHopQuiz2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 May 2013, 7:15 am

Dang! Trotter wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Dang! Trotter wrote:

If I tell you whats right itll make the quiz easier for others. I will tell you one thing POSSE ON BROADWAY was NOT Sir-Mix-Alot's first hit. Im surprised you got that wrong

lol....okay, hey I'm a New Yorker man, we weren't listening to any Seattle based emcees back then, so I just went with the first video I ever saw from Mix Alot which was "My Posse's On Broadway"....let's see if tranny knows which one it is then, he's from way out there in west bubble fuck...lol
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

HipHopQuiz2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HipHopQuiz2   HipHopQuiz2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 May 2013, 7:17 am

After this quiz is done with, I'm going to throw up one myself, this is a great idea Trotter, you've brought some life back to this board man....it needed it!
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

HipHopQuiz2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HipHopQuiz2   HipHopQuiz2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 May 2013, 8:50 am

D.Powell wrote:
Dang! Trotter wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Dang! Trotter wrote:

lol....okay, hey I'm a New Yorker man, we weren't listening to any Seattle based emcees back then, so I just went with the first video I ever saw from Mix Alot which was "My Posse's On Broadway"....let's see if tranny knows which one it is then, he's from way out there in west bubble fuck...lol

I'd say you're right D, guess it could be the definition of "hit", maybe something like Beepers was the first to chart.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

HipHopQuiz2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HipHopQuiz2   HipHopQuiz2 Icon_minitimeSat 11 May 2013, 1:49 pm

1. Ballies
2.LA Dream Team--Nursery Rhymes
Spice 1-187 proof
Doug E Doug-Doug E Fresh
Jeru The Damaja --The Prophet
Dizzy Rascal--Dreams
(Okay The Prophet, and Dreams may not technically be stop-motion so I may got my own question wrong)

3.Sir Mix-a Lots first hit was Square Dance Rap. If you had a pulse in 1985 you heard this song. It just came out 3 years before his first album so people thought he was a one hit wonder. Still this song sounds awesome even today

4.Gladiator Posse, later changed to GP WU for commercial appeal

5. Its On

6. Sauce Money, Memphis Bleek (C'mon, Bleek only sold albums off sound scan scams) I'll accept Amil

7. MF Doom mask DESIGN stems from the movie Gladiator
HipHopQuiz2 Glader10

8.K Solo

9. Ice T said Will Smith's style was Walt Disney on the Arsenio Show sitting rest next to Will Smith

10. Fresh Prince use to whine about how people hate on him cause he made positive rap music when he got an award.

11. All Of The Above

12. New Jersey Drive vol.2

Lets see you do yours Powell
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

HipHopQuiz2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HipHopQuiz2   HipHopQuiz2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013, 8:48 am

Looks like I got a bunch of your shit right Trotter...lol, oh and by the way calm down Beavis this isn't a competition....quiz vs. quiz, lol

I'll have my quiz when I'm ready to set it up man...coming soon!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

HipHopQuiz2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HipHopQuiz2   HipHopQuiz2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013, 8:50 am

Oh and by the way NOBODY has ever heard Square Dance Rap by Sir Mix Alot except you trotter....not even B.Shaw and he's from the west coast....lol

#NOTAHITBYALONGSHOT!

see how what is considered a "hit" and what is considered not a "hit" is all a matter of opinion?? cause to me Square Dance Rap is NOT a damn hit mayne....lol
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

HipHopQuiz2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HipHopQuiz2   HipHopQuiz2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013, 12:21 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Oh and by the way NOBODY has ever heard Square Dance Rap by Sir Mix Alot except you trotter....not even B.Shaw and he's from the west coast....lol

#NOTAHITBYALONGSHOT!

see how what is considered a "hit" and what is considered not a "hit" is all a matter of opinion?? cause to me Square Dance Rap is NOT a damn hit mayne....lol

Square Dance Rap was a hit..why? Cause I never heard lived on the west coast and heard it. The radio played it over and over it. You prolly don't remember, but this was the age before Yo! MTv Raps and Rap City. Back when MTV shitted on rap.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

HipHopQuiz2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HipHopQuiz2   HipHopQuiz2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013, 2:17 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

#NOTAHITBYALONGSHOT!

Square Dance Rap was a hit..why? Cause I never heard lived on the west coast and heard it. The radio played it over and over it. You prolly don't remember, but this was the age before Yo! MTv Raps and Rap City. Back when MTV shitted on rap.

I remember that it wasn't a hit...wanna know why?? because I grew up in the birthplace of hip-hop and nobody over here played that bullshit that's why....like I said earlier the definition for a "hit" unless its a bonafide "hit" examples include: Run-D.M.C.- Rockbox, Kanye West-Jesus Walks, Rob Base & E-Z Rock-It Takes Two, Ice Cube-Today Was A Good Day...etc..etc, is subject to opinion.....to me Mix Alot first bonafide "hit" was Baby Got Back......that was the first one from him heard nationally.......My Posse's On Broadway is what put him on the national map but I'm not sure that was a big-time "hit".....
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

HipHopQuiz2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HipHopQuiz2   HipHopQuiz2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 May 2013, 5:13 am

D.Powell wrote:
Dang! Trotter wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

#NOTAHITBYALONGSHOT!

I remember that it wasn't a hit...wanna know why?? because I grew up in the birthplace of hip-hop and nobody over here played that bullshit that's why....like I said earlier the definition for a "hit" unless its a bonafide "hit" examples include: Run-D.M.C.- Rockbox, Kanye West-Jesus Walks, Rob Base & E-Z Rock-It Takes Two, Ice Cube-Today Was A Good Day...etc..etc, is subject to opinion.....to me Mix Alot first bonafide "hit" was Baby Got Back......that was the first one from him heard nationally.......My Posse's On Broadway is what put him on the national map but I'm not sure that was a big-time "hit".....

For 85 yes it was a hit. Theres like 4 versions of the song. Its just a case of the song being bigger than the rapper. I guarentee they were playing it in NY.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

HipHopQuiz2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HipHopQuiz2   HipHopQuiz2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 May 2013, 2:25 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Dang! Trotter wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

#NOTAHITBYALONGSHOT!

For 85 yes it was a hit. Theres like 4 versions of the song. Its just a case of the song being bigger than the rapper. I guarentee they were playing it in NY.

And I'm telling you they weren't.......I was there how about you?? kill that Indy 500 noise trotter, ya don't know shit about 80's NYC, but now you're pretending like you do.... Get The Fuck Out

that bullshit wasn't a hit here....but maybe in the west and midwest it was...although I do question that too especially in the west because B.Shaw as an example wasn't aware of it like that and he lived west coast in the 80's......maybe that bullshit was played through the roof in Indy only?? so to you and yours that shit was a legit "hit" but not here in NYC...sorry mayne! lol
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

HipHopQuiz2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HipHopQuiz2   HipHopQuiz2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 May 2013, 3:08 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Dang! Trotter wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Dang! Trotter wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

#NOTAHITBYALONGSHOT!

And I'm telling you they weren't.......I was there how about you?? kill that Indy 500 noise trotter, ya don't know shit about 80's NYC, but now you're pretending like you do.... Get The Fuck Out

that bullshit wasn't a hit here....but maybe in the west and midwest it was...although I do question that too especially in the west because B.Shaw as an example wasn't aware of it like that and he lived west coast in the 80's......maybe that bullshit was played through the roof in Indy only?? so to you and yours that shit was a legit "hit" but not here in NYC...sorry mayne! lol

First off, Im from Utica, Ny, everybody knows that except you, I didnt come to Indiana until 2002, I bounced around in the military for a bit, and everywhere I went people were familiar with that song, when I was in junior high in Schweinfurt Germany I remember they played that song at a dance and people went nuts even though the song was already old. If I was from the midwest Id like midwest crap. As a kid in Utica NY, that song was playing on the radio, that and another big song called Smurf Rock by Gigilo Tony. I bet you havent heard this song.

Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

HipHopQuiz2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HipHopQuiz2   HipHopQuiz2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 May 2013, 5:01 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Dang! Trotter wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Dang! Trotter wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

#NOTAHITBYALONGSHOT!

First off, Im from Utica, Ny, everybody knows that except you, I didnt come to Indiana until 2002, I bounced around in the military for a bit, and everywhere I went people were familiar with that song, when I was in junior high in Schweinfurt Germany I remember they played that song at a dance and people went nuts even though the song was already old. If I was from the midwest Id like midwest crap. As a kid in Utica NY, that song was playing on the radio, that and another big song called Smurf Rock by Gigilo Tony. I bet you havent heard this song.

LOL......my bad man, I meant you were straight outta UTICA....sorry mayne! Utica is that "shit", and was well outside the NYC radar screen when it came to anything hip-hop...Utica may as well have been Montana man, if you're really from there then you already know this...lo

By the way I'm familiar with that Smurf Rock joint....I'll call that one a mild "hit"...nothing on the level of a bonafide "hit like this one:

released in 1985 as well....and no denying this one was a "hit"......
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

HipHopQuiz2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HipHopQuiz2   HipHopQuiz2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 May 2013, 5:27 pm

Yeah, I heard of the Pee Wee Herman.

It was a case of the song being bigger than the rapper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HipHopQuiz2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HipHopQuiz2   HipHopQuiz2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HipHopQuiz2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: