Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Face speaks on the "game" that is "hip-hop"!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

'Face speaks on the "game" that is "hip-hop"!!! Empty
PostSubject: 'Face speaks on the "game" that is "hip-hop"!!!   'Face speaks on the "game" that is "hip-hop"!!! Icon_minitimeMon 13 May 2013, 2:28 pm

tell 'em Brad! educate those who just don't know man!
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: 'Face speaks on the "game" that is "hip-hop"!!!   'Face speaks on the "game" that is "hip-hop"!!! Icon_minitimeTue 14 May 2013, 1:05 pm

Kinda like what I said about the White fan base of rap. But really why is he comparing Justin Timberlake, Beiber to rap artist? They are Pop icons. Its like comparing ATCQ popularity to new kids on the block back in the day. I aggree with some of what Face is saying but he's beginning to sound like KRS in some ways. And the thing about the hardcore rap community is we can't aggree on shit, its hard to get a bunch of us to tote one album. Now teenage White girls are the dream target audience, especially the ones with their daddy's credit card. They go nuts over Miley, Beiber, and K.Dot got some appeal with them too.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: 'Face speaks on the "game" that is "hip-hop"!!!   'Face speaks on the "game" that is "hip-hop"!!! Icon_minitimeTue 14 May 2013, 1:39 pm

Speaking Hip HOp history being forgotten take a look at South Bronx, how you feel about this Powell....

Daam, this is fucked up,mayne. Forget Africa. Hip hop ain't showing no love for the Bronx. All these rappers making millions of the game the Bronx invented. Kanye West should fly over the BX in his private jet and drop bags of rice
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 'Face speaks on the "game" that is "hip-hop"!!!   'Face speaks on the "game" that is "hip-hop"!!! Icon_minitimeTue 14 May 2013, 8:58 pm

Umm trotter you have done this before and not really understood what you were watching and this is just another example....but 'Face compared Timberlake to Usher and Bieber to Chris Brown, he never compared any of those artists to any hip-hop artists...

As far as him starting to sound like KRS, well I consider that a compliment.....he gets it just like Kris does, shit just like most heads who love real hip-hop, this stuff isn't a secret anymore except to these sensistive ass kids who think they are actually making hip-hop music and honoring this great culture, but those that know understand that they are terribly confused.....

that Bronx story you dropped is real deal shit.....it's a bad situation in most hoods though....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Face speaks on the "game" that is "hip-hop"!!!   'Face speaks on the "game" that is "hip-hop"!!! Icon_minitimeWed 15 May 2013, 8:00 pm

Scarface seems very hurt by this.. I understand where he comes from.

This is the standard protocol in the US. Every music genre that Blacks have created has been taken over and as soon as a White person gets put on, they dub him or her KING or QUEEN of that genre. Scarface isn't trying to get away with anything. He is telling the truth. Why are these "stupid" images getting more play? It's because every performer at some point in their lives get that "special notification" that says, Hey, I like what you're doing, but here's the thing. We need you to do (insert any list of compromising acts here)." The question is how often does it happen to Black artists vs White artists. I've had it happen to me, but not the other artists I performed with, and that's in the spoken word poetry world, so this issue is worth digging into when it comes to creativity in general.

This chick named Iggy Azalea says something on the subject:

I think Immortal Technique and Tech 9 are more eloquent on it tho:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Face speaks on the "game" that is "hip-hop"!!!   'Face speaks on the "game" that is "hip-hop"!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Face speaks on the "game" that is "hip-hop"!!!
Page 1 of 1