Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In Control Vol.1

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

In Control Vol.1 Empty
PostSubject: In Control Vol.1   In Control Vol.1 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 12:56 pm

I haven't seen anyone mention this so i'm not sure if anyone is interested, but In Control Vol.1 is being re-released today as a two disc deluxe remastered edition by Traffic entertainment group. It has been long overdue.

http://www.trafficent.com/releases/oneSheets/teg_77513_in_control1.pdf
Back to top Go down

In Control Vol.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Control Vol.1   In Control Vol.1 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 1:03 pm

Sounds interesting..how much? And can you only get it from a certain site?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

In Control Vol.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Control Vol.1   In Control Vol.1 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 1:04 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Sounds interesting..how much? And can you only get it from a certain site?

It should be available everywhere, but i doubt many stores will actually have it in store. It was around $12 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Control-Vol-1-Marley-Marl/dp/B002EIJ8DQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1249405572&sr=1-1
Back to top Go down

In Control Vol.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Control Vol.1   In Control Vol.1 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 1:09 pm

I don't see it on Amazon....
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

In Control Vol.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Control Vol.1   In Control Vol.1 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 1:10 pm

Try the link above.
Back to top Go down

In Control Vol.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Control Vol.1   In Control Vol.1 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 5:57 pm

Thanks Terry, I had this on cassette back in the days and now I'm about to order the CD. I appreciate it Big Grin
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

In Control Vol.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Control Vol.1   In Control Vol.1 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 7:25 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Thanks Terry, I had this on cassette back in the days and now I'm about to order the CD. I appreciate it Big Grin

yeah, i got it on CD, but it'll be nice to have a remastered edition and the bonus cd with extras. The Traffic 2 disc re-releases are always nice. I need to get my hands on the 2 disc editions of the first two G Rap albums.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

In Control Vol.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Control Vol.1   In Control Vol.1 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 7:52 pm

They should have just put Vol. 2 and Vol.1 together and sold it
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

In Control Vol.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Control Vol.1   In Control Vol.1 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 7:54 pm

Shaun wrote:
They should have just put Vol. 2 and Vol.1 together and sold it

You can buy Vol.1 and 2 together, but there's no extras or remastering.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

In Control Vol.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Control Vol.1   In Control Vol.1 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Aug 2009, 10:57 pm

I just picked this up tonight, and it's more than worth the money to me. The bonus disc is dope. It's got remixes, unreleased songs, and live versions of Droppin Science, Duck Alert, We Write The Songs, and The Symphony(minus G Rap and Kane). The remastering on the actual album is good too. The only thing that was odd at first was that Marley Marl has like 20 second introductions before each track, but it was actually dope and insightful. The Liner notes were interesting too. He talks about wanting to put out an album titles Juice Crew Unreleased Gems, and specifically a Tragedy track that was recorded the same week as Make The Music With Your Biz, Eric B is President, and The Bridge. All in all, i'd rec this to anyone.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

In Control Vol.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Control Vol.1   In Control Vol.1 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Aug 2009, 11:06 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I just picked this up tonight, and it's more than worth the money to me. The bonus disc is dope. It's got remixes, unreleased songs, and live versions of Droppin Science, Duck Alert, We Write The Songs, and The Symphony(minus G Rap and Kane). The remastering on the actual album is good too. The only thing that was odd at first was that Marley Marl has like 20 second introductions before each track, but it was actually dope and insightful. The Liner notes were interesting too. He talks about wanting to put out an album titles Juice Crew Unreleased Gems, and specifically a Tragedy track that was recorded the same week as Make The Music With Your Biz, Eric B is President, and The Bridge. All in all, i'd rec this to anyone.

Makes me wish I didn't grab that 2-CD set that Shaun was referring to a year or so ago (though it's also a nice set). I'm interested in hearing the remaster. I loved the Tragedy and Masta Ace cuts on there...maybe the most. It's all classic though.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

In Control Vol.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Control Vol.1   In Control Vol.1 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Aug 2009, 11:12 pm

Alan wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Makes me wish I didn't grab that 2-CD set that Shaun was referring to a year or so ago (though it's also a nice set). I'm interested in hearing the remaster. I loved the Tragedy and Masta Ace cuts on there...maybe the most. It's all classic though.

Yeah, i got the 2cd set. i'm a sucker for re-releases though, and this one is actually worth it for the extras IMO. I wonder when Kane's albums are gonna get the deluxe treatment? You can't go wrong with any of the tracks on the album. Well, Wack Itt's not the greatest, but it's still dope. It just doesn't stand up to the other tracks.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

In Control Vol.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Control Vol.1   In Control Vol.1 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 11:09 am

this one is already on order, for all that extra stuff...DOPE!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

In Control Vol.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Control Vol.1   In Control Vol.1 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 11:15 am

You'll dig the extras. it's good stuff.
Back to top Go down

In Control Vol.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Control Vol.1   In Control Vol.1 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 11:54 am

smh

I need to track down all the re-releases... but shit is always sold out

like the masta ace re-release... was that two disc too?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

In Control Vol.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Control Vol.1   In Control Vol.1 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 12:22 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
smh

I need to track down all the re-releases... but shit is always sold out

like the masta ace re-release... was that two disc too?

All of the Traffic re-releases have been 2 discs.

Marley Marl-In Control Vol. 1
MC Shan-Down By Law
Kool G Rap & DJ Polo-Road To The Riches
Kool G Rap & DJ Polo-Wanted: Dead or Alive
Kool G Rap & DJ Polo-Live And Let Die
Master Ace-Take A look Around
Biz Markie-Goin Off

To my knowledge, those are the only Cold Chillin albums that Traffic as re-released.
Back to top Go down

In Control Vol.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Control Vol.1   In Control Vol.1 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 12:59 pm

Smh at traffic not pressing enough copies
Back to top Go down

In Control Vol.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Control Vol.1   In Control Vol.1 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 5:53 pm

T. Myers wrote:
You'll dig the extras. it's good stuff.

Hell yeah the extras are BANGIN!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In Control Vol.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Control Vol.1   In Control Vol.1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Control Vol.1
Page 1 of 1