Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst Attempts At Crossover...the KRS Chronicles

Go down 
+2
Jason
Dang! Trotter
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Worst Attempts At Crossover...the KRS Chronicles - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Attempts At Crossover...the KRS Chronicles   Worst Attempts At Crossover...the KRS Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 11:17 am

N3R0 of 0nslaught3r wrote:
Oh Norf, that wasn't fair. I'm not "hating". Hate usually means I'm either jealous of his success or blatantly ignoring factual evidence of his talents. I'm doing neither, I'm just pointing out some things that are contradictory of what dude says, and I don't need validation in my opinion, just pointing this out to some people that like to throw the sellout card out there.

When you preach about artistic integrity, I expect you to have artistic integrity. AGAIN, this isn't taking away from the man's legacy, just pointing out that sometimes he talks the talk without walkin the walk. I hold nothing against him for trying to make a buck, shit, I can relate. I'm just saying that if you're going to act like you're going against the grain you damn well better be goin against the grain.

Maybe, but those songs you posted hardly qualify as crossover attempts.

When you see Kris rockin' ice and sippin' Cristal in his videos, revive this thread. I think this is more an attempt at irking other members around here than an attempt at making a valid point.

You can rock over anything and keep it hip hop. Ask Redman or Ghostface.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

Worst Attempts At Crossover...the KRS Chronicles - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Attempts At Crossover...the KRS Chronicles   Worst Attempts At Crossover...the KRS Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 11:27 am

Norf if I was sincerely just trying to piss people off instead of making a point, I would titled this thread "KRS IS A WACK HYPOCRITE". I would have just said ridiculous statements and said derogatory things towards Powell and KJ if I was really trying to start a fight instead of just having a civil conversation.

What would you consider these songs if they don't qualify as crossover attempts? I understand you're saying it's not like KRS recording a "So Icy" remix or something, but these are valid points that KRS isn't all he's cracked up to be in terms of hip hop purist.
Back to top Go down

Worst Attempts At Crossover...the KRS Chronicles
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2