Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes

Go down 
2 posters

Solillaquists Of Sound
3.0-Below
Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes Vote_lcap40%Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes Vote_lcap0%Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes Vote_lcap0%Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes Vote_lcap20%Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes Vote_lcap20%Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes   Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 3:05 pm

Solillaquists Of Sound is a group I've seen twice live, and both times it was one of the best live hip-hop show I had ever seen. This is definitely their best album IMO. There's just too much intelligence, vision, creativity, and plain old skill for mainstream audiences to accept this. Every track is filled unique production, excellent lyricism, gorgeous vocals, real messages, and great production. Definitely one of the year's best so far IMO.

My rating: 4.5 stars
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes   Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 3:24 pm

Now, is this a "Pounds" rating, or will random dudes like it...no offense intended of course.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes   Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 3:37 pm

Steve wrote:
Now, is this a "Pounds" rating, or will random dudes like it...no offense intended of course.

It's not MN hip-hop...lol

And it doesn't sound low budget in the least. There is a lot of vision and creativity going on here, so I don't think "random dudes" looking for another Joe Budden or Torae album will dig this that much. Plus, there's two females in this group, so you probably won't dig it at all. I'd stand by every ounce of skill this group puts out there though. This is the 3rd and best album I've heard from them.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes   Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 3:47 pm

I have As If We Existed and that's a tight album, I have some random mp3s from NBtween Worlds also and they're good too. Never heard of this album though, is it new?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes   Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 3:51 pm

Haterex wrote:
I have As If We Existed and that's a tight album, I have some random mp3s from NBtween Worlds also and they're good too. Never heard of this album though, is it new?

Just dropped Wednesday I believe.

And I like this one more than "As If We Existed" and quite a bit more than their 2005 album "Tour de Solilla", which was also solid.

They just keep improving with every release IMO. I bet you'd dig a lot of this stuff, Ex.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes   Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 7:47 pm

I agree with Al here, I just copped the album yesterday and I'm digging it a lot. It's my first album from them, and it makes me want to cop their debut album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes   Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 7:53 pm

shit, if tran AND pounds co-sign it must be awful
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes   Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 8:24 pm

wrote:
I agree with Al here, I just copped the album yesterday and I'm digging it a lot. It's my first album from them, and it makes me want to cop their debut album.

I'd still say "As If We Existed" is their 2nd best (the one just before this album). I'd go with that instead of "Tour de Solilla" (which I think is their debut, but am not sure). It's definitely better IMO.

Steve wrote:
shit, if tran AND pounds co-sign it must be awful

Good to see you voted 3 stars (or under) for an album you haven't heard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes   Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 2:38 am

Alan wrote:
wrote:

I'd still say "As If We Existed" is their 2nd best (the one just before this album). I'd go with that instead of "Tour de Solilla" (which I think is their debut, but am not sure). It's definitely better IMO.

"As If We Existed" was the album I meant. I heard a lot of good things about that one.

This album is getting better with each spins. Solid 4 stars right now for me. I'm digging most of the tracks on here.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes   Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 9:35 am

wrote:
Alan wrote:
wrote:

"As If We Existed" was the album I meant. I heard a lot of good things about that one.

This album is getting better with each spins. Solid 4 stars right now for me. I'm digging most of the tracks on here.

Glad to hear you dig it. I agree. Check these guys out if you get a chance to see them live. One of the most unique hip-hop shows you'll ever see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes   Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Solillaquists Of Sound - No More Heroes
Page 1 of 1