Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felt 3

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Aug 2009, 11:10 pm

Murs + ? + Slug = Felt 3: A Tribute to _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe4h2jh_U8E
Back to top Go down

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Aug 2009, 11:58 pm

I read about that on hiphopdx, I'm looking forward to this, his album with Terrace Martin and Dj Quik, and his record with Sick Jacken. 10 albums in 1 year is an ambitious goal, but hopefully Murs can pull it off with quality AND quantity. (I refuse to check out his "rock" project, though)

I'm surprised he's doing a Varsity Blues 2 as well, didn't you say that's one of his worst albums, Al?
Back to top Go down

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 12:26 am

Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 7:47 am

This should be dope. I like the first 2 Felt albums.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 5:22 pm

N3R0 of 0nslaught3r wrote:
I read about that on hiphopdx, I'm looking forward to this, his album with Terrace Martin and Dj Quik, and his record with Sick Jacken. 10 albums in 1 year is an ambitious goal, but hopefully Murs can pull it off with quality AND quantity. (I refuse to check out his "rock" project, though)

I'm surprised he's doing a Varsity Blues 2 as well, didn't you say that's one of his worst albums, Al?

Holy fucking shit! I had no idea Murs had such an ambitious schedule (as I read article...). That album with Terrace Martin and Dj Quik sounds dope, because it'll be different. Looking forward to that for sure. And Felt 3 for sure...I still bump 2. Murs & 9th? The last one (Sweet Lord) was the best so far, so I'm looking forward to that too, but it will ultimately be more of the same IMO. The punk rock project? That sounds odd, but I'll probably listen to a track or two before I criticize.

Varsity Blues (the first) was a nice EP. It was only a 6 song EP, but there was a different producer on every cut, which gave it some nice diversity. Hopefully he does the same thing. I tend to think Murs can rap over any beat and make it sound good (ummm, opinion of course, I know some folks really think he's wack...lol...I don't see it, but whatever).

T. Myers wrote:
This should be dope. I like the first 2 Felt albums.

Same here. Felt 2 is my favorite by a LARGE margin though. Some of Ant's nicest production IMO. Not that The Grouch's production wasn't nice on the first, but he ain't no Ant. lol
Back to top Go down

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 6:43 pm

I will definitely be on the lookout for that. I haven't checked out the first Felt albums in full, but the songs I have heard on them are nice.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 7:08 pm

fuck 10 albums well see how many get released

hopefully the Quick and Sick Jacken ones at least come out
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 6:29 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
fuck 10 albums well see how many get released

hopefully the Quick and Sick Jacken ones at least come out

Yeah, I doubt it will be 10 albums too. He's been dropping (quality) constantly for the last few years. He's gotta be running out of steam.....well second thought, he's released tons of material every year since 1996. But never 10 albums/EPs/collabs in a year.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Aug 2009, 10:20 am

well heres a brand new song from this project:

"Protagonists"
Back to top Go down

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Aug 2009, 11:19 am

Murs gives away the producer in the first verse... Shaking My Head ....I, for one, am a fan of this person's production work (although I know some aren't) and am really REALLY looking forward to this now. Just more dopeness in the 09 IMO.

I also really enjoy Sick Jacken, but I don't know how well Murs and SJ would work together on a full album. Maybe it's just a Murs record produced by Sick? We'll see.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Aug 2009, 2:32 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
well heres a brand new song from this project:

"Protagonists"

It's a pretty dope track. Not sure how I feel about a full Aesop Rock produced album (if that's what it'll really end up being). He's generally a good producer, but I don't always like his direction and sample choices.
Back to top Go down

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Aug 2009, 11:44 pm

I hear what you're saying Al, but you know Murs loves Ace's beats. And the beats Ace gives other artists usually fit them pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2009, 10:16 am

I hear what you're saying Al, but you know Murs loves Ace's beats. And the beats Ace gives other artists usually fit them pretty well.

Does he? Has Murs rapped over a Aesop Rock beat? I can't recall...

Either way, you're probably right. I have heard Aesop's style change depending on who the beat was for. For instance, he had my favorite beat on C-Rayz Walz "Year of the Beast" CD and it sounded quite different than his other stuff if I remember right.
Back to top Go down

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2009, 4:31 pm

There's a couple on the Def Jux presents albums, and in an Urb interview awhile back he professed his liking Aesop's beats, saying Ase uses the beats that fit him best, not necessarily his best stuff. He even did a rock beat on that new Cage album, not saying it's good, but he can change to whatever he needs to. That beat in particular doesn't sound like a typical Ase beat.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009, 3:01 pm

Fuck, you guys and your Aesop Rock hatred fucking kill me. The ONLY reason this is going to be worth checking out is for Aesop Rock's beats!
Back to top Go down

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009, 6:19 pm

...I was saying I LIKED Ase's beats???
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009, 6:21 pm

That wasn't directed at you, N3R0.
Back to top Go down

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009, 6:25 pm

Damn, I would almost peep this if it were not for Aesop Rock's wack ass production. Dude is just wack most of the time. Hit or miss but mostly miss. boring...

Unless this is a tribute to Rosie Perez and they got nekkid pics I ain't peeping this garbage.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009, 6:31 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Damn, I would almost peep this if it were not for Aesop Rock's wack ass production. Dude is just wack most of the time. Hit or miss but mostly miss. boring...

Unless this is a tribute to Rosie Perez and they got nekkid pics I ain't peeping this garbage.

yeah these guys can't bring the exciting & original lyrical content & beats of a rapper like Chamillionaire. You'll never catch him riding dirty. Razz
Back to top Go down

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009, 6:33 pm

Haterex wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

yeah these guys can't bring the exciting & original lyrical content & beats of a rapper like Chamillionaire. You'll never catch him riding dirty. Razz

You hit that nail head on, kudos my friend.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009, 6:39 pm

C'mon man. Listening to Chamillionaire is about as exciting and interesting as watching paint dry. Easily one of the most predictable artists in the game today.
Back to top Go down

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009, 6:40 pm

At first, I didn't like the track all that much, but after a while, it grew on me. It's decent. I might have to try before I buy though.
Back to top Go down

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009, 6:42 pm

Haterex wrote:
C'mon man. Listening to Chamillionaire is about as exciting and interesting as watching paint dry. Easily one of the most predictable artists in the game today.

You're flip-flopping. It confounds me as Cham is one of the dopest and most refereshing lyricists in the game today. You obviously must suffer from hedupurass if you have not peeped his latest work which is top notch my good chap.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009, 7:24 pm

Haterex wrote:

You're right, Aesop Rock wouldn't fit Murs and Slug like Ant would. I like Ant's style more anyway. I'm actually checking this out for Slug and Murs, not Aesop Rock. I'm sure it will be at least decent, but I'm not expecting something as good as the last volume with Ant.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009, 7:55 pm

Alan wrote:
Haterex wrote:

You're right, Aesop Rock wouldn't fit Murs and Slug like Ant would. I like Ant's style more anyway. I'm actually checking this out for Slug and Murs, not Aesop Rock. I'm sure it will be at least decent, but I'm not expecting something as good as the last volume with Ant.

Aesop rapes Ant as far as production goes. Ant is okay, but his shit gets old and boring sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009, 11:57 pm

Haterex wrote:
Alan wrote:
Haterex wrote:

Aesop rapes Ant as far as production goes. Ant is okay, but his shit gets old and boring sometimes.

lol...I disagree completely.
Back to top Go down

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 11:01 am

Al, you do have to admit that Ase is usually coming with a new style of shit. I personally like Ant more as he's far more consistent, but I think Ase is generally more creative.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 1:47 pm

Al, you do have to admit that Ase is usually coming with a new style of shit. I personally like Ant more as he's far more consistent, but I think Ase is generally more creative.

I guess I'd agree with that. Aesop does bring originality to the table, while Ant tends to ride that cold midwest funk sound more. Not completely, but that tends to be what I love about his production most, despite being super clean and hook heavy. Aesop Rock has created some dope original beats IMO for sure, but I tend to like more from what I hear from Ant on average.

I'm not trying to hate at all...lol. I will be buying this album, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it. After all, I was the only one (maybe?) who voted top 10 for both Murs and Slug in their respective regions.
Back to top Go down

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Aug 2009, 4:30 pm

Felt 3, produced by Aesop Rock, A Tribute To Rosie Perez (hilarious, considering Trotter's recent thread) drops this November. I'm stoked.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Aug 2009, 4:57 pm

N3R0 of 0nSlaught3r wrote:
Felt 3, produced by Aesop Rock, A Tribute To Rosie Perez (hilarious, considering Trotter's recent thread) drops this November. I'm stoked.

LOL...I just read it at Rhymesayers' web site as well. I'm looking forward to this one as well.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 12:27 am

Haterex wrote:
Fuck, you guys and your Aesop Rock hatred fucking kill me. The ONLY reason this is going to be worth checking out is for Aesop Rock's beats!

Gotta agree. While the other Felt releases were great, the production on None Shall Pass way surpasses both.

Very much looking forward to this. ETA?
Back to top Go down

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 2:37 pm

It's got a release date sir. Read where I said "Drops this Nov."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Felt 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felt 3   Felt 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felt 3
Page 1 of 1