Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 10 Greatest Update

Go down 
+4
Laced With Slang
D.Powell
T. Myers
Jason
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

Top 10 Greatest Update Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 8:56 am

East:

1. KRS-One
2. Kool G Rap
3. Big Daddy Kane
4. Rakim
5. Chuck D
6. Nas
7. Ghostface Killah
8. Jay-Z
9. GZA
10. Pharoahe Monch

Nominated:
Notorious BIG
Black Thought
Q-Tip
Masta Ace
LL Cool J
Heavy D

Midwest:

1. Eminem
2. Common
3. Tech N9ne
4. One Be Lo
5. Brother Ali
6. Royce Da 5'9
7. Twista
8. Bizzy Bone
9. Vakill
10. Krayzie Bone

Nominated:
Lupe Fiasco
Kanye West
Bootleg
Esham
Slug
Elzhi

South

1. Andre 3000
2. Scarface
3. Cee-Lo
4. Bun-B
5. K-Rino
6. Ludacris
7. Big Boi
8. Z-Ro

Nominated:
T.I.
Big Mike
Eightball
Phonte
Killer Mike
Speech
Devin the Dude
Mystikal

West:

1. Ice Cube
2. 2Pac
3. DJ Quik
4. Del Tha Funkee Homosapien
5. Spice 1
6. Ice-T
7. Snoop Dogg
8. E-40

Nominated:
Mac Dre
Too Short
Ras Kass
Xzibit
MC Ren
The Game
Murs
Gift of Gab
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 9:01 am

I'm assuming the ones who were nominated in the south and west that did not make it had a negative total, right?
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 9:02 am

T. Myers wrote:
I'm assuming the ones who were nominated in the south and west that did not make it had a negative total, right?

Yeah, but in the end a couple from each might have to be included in the lists, because from the voting so far and the people left to nominate, we might not get 2 more positive votes.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 9:28 am

that East list looks FUCKED UP...real talk

two members from Wu-Tang looks suspect IMO as dope as Ghost and GZA are neither one of those dudes could fuck with Biggie, Cool J or Black Thought all of whom bump them out of the top ten on my list...again this is all my opinion..not facts but opinion!

And Pharoahe is very dope also but hasn't really done enough to make top ten OF ALL-TIME in the East IMO!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 9:32 am

I actually like the way the east looks. I'd obviously like to see LL make it, but i can live with it. the fact that Biggie and Lupe didn't make the list makes me grin from ear to ear. Big Grin
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 9:36 am

Lupe isn't ready for a top ten of all-time anywhere, but Biggie should certainly be on that list for the East and Cool J and Black Thought as well EASILY IMO.....

glad to hear your in a great mood though Terry..lol
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 9:49 am

I'd swap GZA for Black Thought, but otherwise the East looks good to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 9:55 am

Lupe has released more material in his career than biggie did.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 10:20 am

Yeah that's true SRP, but he hasn't had anywhere near the impact nor is he anywhere as nice lyrically as Biggie IMO..

more material does not mean better...Hammer released more material in his overall career than Biggie too but what does that really mean??

Jason can you honestly see a top ten OF ALL-TIME in the East that doesn't include LL Cool J?? because I know I can't...Ghostface would not make it in over Cool J on most objective lists...and neither would GZA....again both guys are nice lyrically but overall they can't hold a candle to Cool J IMO!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 10:23 am

D.Powell wrote:
Yeah that's true SRP, but he hasn't had anywhere near the impact nor is he anywhere as nice lyrically as Biggie IMO..

more material does not mean better...Hammer released more material in his overall career than Biggie too but what does that really mean??

Jason can you honestly see a top ten OF ALL-TIME in the East that doesn't include LL Cool J?? because I know I can't...Ghostface would not make it in over Cool J on most objective lists...and neither would GZA....again both guys are nice lyrically but overall they can't hold a candle to Cool J IMO!

Powell, i think it's ironic that you mention Biggie and LL in the same post. More material will not make you better, but it obviously can hurt an mc's ranking. You know as well as i do that the 2nd half off LL's career contributed to him not making the list. I think it's BS, but people are entitled to their opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 10:25 am

Younger fans only see the lick lipping, shirtless pop-bopping LL of the lest 10 years so I think that is why he was not voted in.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 10:26 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Younger fans only see the lick lipping, shirtless pop-bopping LL of the lest 10 years so I think that is why he was not voted in.

that may be true, but i thought everyone on here wouldn't fall in to that category.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 10:27 am

One Be Lo and Vakill making the top 10 before Lupe and Kanye West is fucking carazy. I mean that is some of the dumest shit I have seen yet.

Biggie and LL not making it but Gza and Pharoahe??? GTFOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then idoits not knowing anything about the south voted most of the heavyweights out...how fucking dumb is some on this forum anyway?

Same with the west, most on here are not big fans of gangsta/hardcore rap so that does not surprise me all the talent sitting out for the west.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 10:31 am

KRob86 wrote:
One Be Lo and Vakill making the top 10 before Lupe and Kanye West is fucking carazy. I mean that is some of the dumest shit I have seen yet.

Biggie and LL not making it but Gza and Pharoahe??? GTFOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then idoits not knowing anything about the south voted most of the heavyweights out...how fucking dumb is some on this forum anyway?

Same with the west, most on here are not big fans of gangsta/hardcore rap so that does not surprise me all the talent sitting out for the west.

Too Short and Mac Dre are the only obvious people left out in the west IMO.

And TI is the only one from the south, but he is young.

I see plenty of gangsta rap on both lists so I see no problem.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 10:32 am

D.Powell wrote:

LL is in my top 10, and I voted for him, but he's hurt himself with the later part of his career, so I can understand his exclusion. I can understand also Ghostface over LL. Ghost has been one of the most original, consistent, and commanding emcees of the past 15 years.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 10:35 am

KRob86 wrote:

first of all, GZA's resume slaughters Biggie's resume. secondly, One Be Lo has more material than Lupe, and he's every bit as good lyrically(IMO he's better). Worst Fears Confirmed blows both Lupe albums out of the water. thirdly, i agree that a lot of dope southern mc's have been left off the list. Lastly, there are plenty of gangsta rap fans, but you blatantly favor gangsta rap. That is all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 10:38 am

I can kinda see Ghost over LL because I prefer Ghost albums over all of LL's.

SRP i feel The Game and Xzibit should be one there also with the ones you mentioned. Not a fan of Mac Dre's but I could see him.

And for the south only TI? Man you crazy what about Ball, Mystikal, Devin, and Phonte? Who do we really have left from the south in your opinion betta than them?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 10:40 am

One Be Lo would SLAUGHTER Lupe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 10:44 am

Personally, in the south I have people like:

Pimp C
David Banner
Trick Daddy
Juvenile
MJG
Young Buck
Yo Gotti

all in the mix and a few others like young bleed, Kamikaze, pastor troy, etc..
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 10:46 am

Tela, Young Buck, Pastor Troy, and David Banner deserve a nomination.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 10:48 am

Slick Rick deserves a nomination
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 4:15 pm

D.Powell wrote:
that East list looks FUCKED UP...real talk

two members from Wu-Tang looks suspect IMO as dope as Ghost and GZA are neither one of those dudes could fuck with Biggie, Cool J or Black Thought all of whom bump them out of the top ten on my list...again this is all my opinion..not facts but opinion!

And Pharoahe is very dope also but hasn't really done enough to make top ten OF ALL-TIME in the East IMO!

GZA is in my Top 10 personally, but I co-sign the rest of what you said Powell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 4:19 pm

[quote="T. Myers"]
KRob86 wrote:

first of all, GZA's resume slaughters Biggie's resume. secondly, One Be Lo has more material than Lupe, and he's every bit as good lyrically(IMO he's better). Worst Fears Confirmed blows both Lupe albums out of the water. thirdly, i agree that a lot of dope southern mc's have been left off the list. Lastly, there are plenty of gangsta rap fans, but you blatantly favor gangsta rap. That is all.

Other than the point about the South, I disagree with everything said here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 4:28 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Lupe isn't ready for a top ten of all-time anywhere, but Biggie should certainly be on that list for the East and Cool J and Black Thought as well EASILY IMO.....

glad to hear your in a great mood though Terry..lol

Line for line, Lupe SLAUGHTERS the majority of the Midwest. People in here don't like him for the same reason they don't like Kanye, because he's not hardcore and has a different style/vibe. But anybody who says he's not a lyricist is completely delusional. I like Vakill but Lupe is much better IMO.

As for LL, he's not in my personal Top 10 because I honestly haven't liked his last several albums except for Exit 13, and that was only 3.5 stars IMO. Objectively he's Top 10 material but for me he's Top 20.

I definitely agree that Biggie and Black Thought should have made it EASILY though. Both are better than Ghostface and Monch IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 4:28 pm

KRob86 wrote:

lol you dumb fuck kanye and lupe SUCK compared to those 2, that's why. you need to get lupes dick out your ear, and kanyes out ya mouth fo real.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 4:37 pm

[quote="KJ Styles"]
T. Myers wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

KJ, i'm not really sure what there is to disagree about. I understand you're a Biggie fan, but it's safe to assume that you think Liquid Swords is a classic, right? I'm sure you think Grandmasters is around 4.5 stars, right? So those two albums would cancel out Ready To Die and Life After Death, right? Now, we add the rest of GZA's discog and Wu Tang Clan group albums. Biggie's resume ain't touching GZA's. We can talk about it's not Biggie's fault, but facts are facts. secondly, One Be Lo has more material than Lupe. I'm not sure how you disagree with that. Neither of Lupe's albums are universally praised as a classic(although a case could be made for F&L). SONOGRAM and Masters of The Universe are both widely considered classic by those who have heard them so i'm not sure what there is to disagree about there. Thirdly, Kev will openly admit to being bias to gangsta rap so i'm not sure why you'd disagree with that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 4:57 pm

[quote="T. Myers"]
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

KJ, i'm not really sure what there is to disagree about. I understand you're a Biggie fan, but it's safe to assume that you think Liquid Swords is a classic, right? I'm sure you think Grandmasters is around 4.5 stars, right? So those two albums would cancel out Ready To Die and Life After Death, right? Now, we add the rest of GZA's discog and Wu Tang Clan group albums. Biggie's resume ain't touching GZA's. We can talk about it's not Biggie's fault, but facts are facts. secondly, One Be Lo has more material than Lupe. I'm not sure how you disagree with that. Neither of Lupe's albums are universally praised as a classic(although a case could be made for F&L). SONOGRAM and Masters of The Universe are both widely considered classic by those who have heard them so i'm not sure what there is to disagree about there. Thirdly, Kev will openly admit to being bias to gangsta rap so i'm not sure why you'd disagree with that.

Liquid Swords is the ONLY album which is as good as either of Biggie's albums, and Ready To Die is better IMO. I voted GZA Top 10 so I'm not upset about him being there. Ghostface has a strong catalog, so even though I voted against him I'm not upset with him being there either. He's probably 11th or 12th on my East list.

But Pharoahe Monch?? HELL NAW! IMO He's not fuckin with Biggie in ANY catagory. People make the argument of Biggie not releasing enough material, but neither has Monch and he's still alive!! Organized Konfusion's first album is the ONLY universal consensus classic he has. Some will call Stress a classic, but most people outside of this forum and Amazon would call that a 4-4.5 star album. Both Biggie's albums are universally considered classics to most people outside of this forum. Therefore Biggie > Monch. I personally feel he's better than most that made the list, but if I had to pick one person who definitely shouldn't be Top 10, it's Monch. I like him but I can think of at least 15 (if not more) east coasters that are better.

As for the Midwest. F&L is widely considered a classic. I like The Cool as well but it's a 4.5 star album. I voted for One Be Lo and Vakill so I don't dislike them, but I feel that Lupe and Kanye are better. For those who say that neither of Lupe's albums are classics, well neither are Vakill's (although they're very good) and F&L is better than all 3 of his albums IMO.

Well I do agree with Kev being biased to gangsta rap, so I take that back. But I stand behind everything else I said.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 5:15 pm

Vakill only has two albums...

Do you think One Be Lo has a better catalog than Lupe and Kanye?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 5:16 pm

I could understand the argument against Pharoahe Monch more than i can the argument against GZA, but the fact is Monch has 5 albums compared to Biggie's 3. none of Monch's albums are below 4 stars. 2 could be considered classic. Monch is better lyrically too, but i do think Biggie is a better story teller. Either way, I'm not seeing a legitimate argument to take Monch out of the top 10. everything you and Kev have said boils down to personal opinion, and that's fine. You still got to realize that there are people out there just as passionate for the other side of the argument.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 5:17 pm

i saw that but didnt even waste my time. kj hasnt heard darkest cloud, and he went to wiki and saw 3 albums and didnt realize kill em all was a comp/unreleased album. smddd.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 5:17 pm

Shaun wrote:

Well, Vakill has a comp album of older material too, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 5:24 pm

Steve wrote:
i saw that but didnt even waste my time. kj hasnt heard darkest cloud, and he went to wiki and saw 3 albums and didnt realize kill em all was a comp/unreleased album. smddd.

When you assume Steve, you make an ASS out of U.

I downloaded Darkest Cloud AND his comp album because I was impressed with Worst Fears Confirmed. I like all three of them but I prefer Food & Liquor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 5:26 pm

Shaun wrote:

Well one of Vakill's albums was unreleased so you're right there. As for One Be Lo, I like Lupe and Kanye slightly better but their catalogs are similar. Aside from 808's and Heartbreak, none of the albums between the three are duds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 5:27 pm

Both of biggie's CDs are only considered classics by fans after he died...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 5:35 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Both of biggie's CDs are only considered classics by fans after he died...

BULLSHIT Clancey, straight up BULLSHIT!! Ready To Die was INSTANTLY praised as a classic.

Life After Death was released two weeks after his death, but it STILL would have been considered a classic regardless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 5:38 pm

No, Ready to Die wasn't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 5:39 pm

No, not bullshit.

Ready to Die was loved instantly due to massive singles and air play. It was regarded as an extremely good album.. but not classic.

The true opinion of Life After Death will always be clouded by this death. But the double disc probably could have been trimmed ever so slightly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 5:48 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
No, not bullshit.

Ready to Die was loved instantly due to massive singles and air play. It was regarded as an extremely good album.. but not classic.

The true opinion of Life After Death will always be clouded by this death. But the double disc probably could have been trimmed ever so slightly.

I've never seen any reviews for RTD under 4.5 stars, and most have it at 5 stars and did even in 1995 when it was released.

As for Life After Death, that just boils down to personal opinion. The only song that I feel could have been left off is "Playa Hater" but I looked at it as a comedic song, so I have no problem with it. Everything else on the album is bangin IMO.

As for Steve, I don't listen to anything you have to say about Biggie, because it's clear you dislike him (and I'm not the only person who has called you out on that) and you'll say anything to disregard his legacy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 6:01 pm

Fact:

The Source gave RTD a 4.5 at the time of its release and upped it to a 5.0 years later.

Opinion:

Fuckin You Tonight is commercial garbage as is Another.

Nasty Boy should have been left off the album.

I Love the dough is not on the level of the classic tracks on the album.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 6:10 pm

KRob86 wrote:
One Be Lo and Vakill making the top 10 before Lupe and Kanye West is fucking carazy.

Actually, I was very happy to see that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 6:12 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Fact:

The Source gave RTD a 4.5 at the time of its release and upped it to a 5.0 years later.

Opinion:

Fuckin You Tonight is commercial garbage as is Another.

Nasty Boy should have been left off the album.

I Love the dough is not on the level of the classic tracks on the album.

The Source fucked up originally just as they did MANY other albums that should have gotten 5 Mics. So Biggie's death had nothing to do with it. RTD should have gotten classic status by them ORIGINALLY just as 36 Chambers, The Chronic, Me Against The World, OB4CL, Liquid Swords, Doggystyle, etc...

I like every song on Life After Death, so as you said it's just opinion. I Love The Dough is a GREAT song! In fact, it's one of my Top 3 or 4 tracks on the album.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 6:19 pm

Alan wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
One Be Lo and Vakill making the top 10 before Lupe and Kanye West is fucking carazy.

Actually, I was very happy to see that.

CO SIGN
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 6:21 pm

Your statement was that it was universally hailed as a classic upon its release. My statement refuted that statement. If you want to recant the statement and make an excuse as to why it was not a 5 star classic from the jump feel free.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 6:34 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Your statement was that it was universally hailed as a classic upon its release. My statement refuted that statement. If you want to recant the statement and make an excuse as to why it was not a 5 star classic from the jump feel free.

You used The Source as an example, but it was a POOR example because they screwed up on MANY album ratings during the Benzino/Dave Mays era. Ready To Die was given classic status by them later NOT BECAUSE of his death, but because it deserved it and should have gotten it originally in the FIRST PLACE, just like the other albums that they later gave 5 Mics to deserved it.

Vibe and Rap Pages were among the publications that gave it the classic rating it deserved way back in 1994 when it was released.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 6:36 pm

KJ we both know RTD was hailed classic by the majority after it dropped. And even though I can see the argument for LAD being held so high because it was right after his death facts are it's held as classic.

Sonogram vs. College Dropout is fucking laughable to me and no gangsta rap bias here because Ye album is not hard. I can see Sono being compared to Graduation but Ye's 1st two?? Forget about it.

And Pharoahe top 10 would get most kicked out of any forum but this one. I respect how some may feel about it to any of his fans but objective or subjective to me he does not belong in no damn top 10.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 6:37 pm

Ready To Die was held classic in the same way The Carter III is being held classic now...hype...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 6:38 pm

college dropout is fucking laughable to me and you only know about shit that gets shoved down your throat just like kjs dick every night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 6:39 pm

KRob86 wrote:
KJ we both know RTD was hailed classic by the majority after it dropped. And even though I can see the argument for LAD being held so high because it was right after his death facts are it's held as classic.

Sonogram vs. College Dropout is fucking laughable to me and no gangsta rap bias here because Ye album is not hard. I can see Sono being compared to Graduation but Ye's 1st two?? Forget about it.

And Pharoahe top 10 would get most kicked out of any forum but this one. I respect how some may feel about it to any of his fans but objective or subjective to me he does not belong in no damn top 10.

I personally like Sonogram (and even Late Registration for that matter) better than College Dropout, but I co-sign everything else you said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 6:41 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Ready To Die was held classic in the same way The Carter III is being held classic now...hype...

I haven't seen ANYBODY save for kids under the age of 18 call The Carter III a classic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 6:42 pm

How old were you when Ready to Die dropped?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Greatest Update
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: