Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars Empty
PostSubject: Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars   Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 2:12 am

Bored and still working so here goes.

First thoughts - this cover is sort of...boring. I have the original version so the front is made to look the front of one of those cheap notebooks you had in school. It's blue - cuz they are blue scholars...ha ha?

The back looks like the yellow back of a notebook with the tracklist, a mic, the group name, and what look like stains...I won't ponder on whether tranny splooged on the CD...

Open the CD and the inside is notebook pages... cute?

There's a really gay picture with like a phillipino looking gay holding the mic and a white guy wearing a kufi... even gayer

1. Soltice Intro - ummm, I'm on track 3 so I forgot what this sounded like.
2. Blue School - see above, I think this one was about school.
3. Bruise Brothers - this one is about the color blue, the beat is kind of cool, sounds like something Stoupe would produce
4. Motion Movement - the philipino used to be a break dancer, he is a rapper now, the hook is cool as is the beat, the dude says too much but doesn't say alot. Like he said "I used to break dance, now I rap" but takes a whole verse to do it.
5. Self Portrait - the rapper dude explains how his life is about protest. Like how there's not enough financial aid and rich kids can afford college.

Intermission - that stack of Ras Kass, Killah Priest, Roots, and even BDP CDs I have next to me is looking real good.

6. Freewheelin' - Another cool beat,nice and jazzy. I can see this playing at Ralph's wedding were that ever to occur. The philipino is leaving... not sure where he's leaving from. He's going to somewhere better... he likes flowers.
7. The Inkwell - The philipino talks about how he started rapping and how he was in seattle and started rapping. He says there is an inkwell above the city...it is a metaphor... for the the infinite gay population in seattle...
8. Burnt Offering - rapper man talks about how he likes to be a socially conscious rapper - that is his offering... and this is super gay considering he's spent WAY more time on this CD talking about how much he likes to rap about relevant shit than actually rapping about relevant shit.
9. Evening Chai - I could make a joke about the song title and how chai is the rapper's pet name for.... but I won't. I dig part of the message of this song, he talks about his brown people. He must be color blind.
10. Blink - ummm...weird michael jackson skit from a movie I never seen? Cool latin beat, he talks about like how you can die really fast so you should dodge the draft. I think he is scared of being drafted.
11. Sagaba - Sagaba is the name of his ex girlfriend...and he like got in her pants by talking up a big game, much like he does on the CD, but then she saw he was full of shit and left him.

Conclusion:

Not bad. Like the beats are on point. Not enough snappy, catchy shit, but like the right emcee could have probably turned in a few bangers. The rapper spends most his time talking about doing shit but never really doing shit. That irks me to no end. He's not as bad of a rapper as I once thought, but still no Miracle, but not quite a Drama either. If he like rapped about some real life shit... even like going to the store to buy some milk for his tea, I'd probably like it more. I can see throwing a few of these Blue Scholar songs in the rotation... not any on this CD, but probaly one or two elsewhere.

Anyone want to buy this? It only has 11 tracks...it's like seattle's illmatic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars   Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 2:18 am

smh :finger:

and btw, you should of gotten the re-release version with 3 extra tracks, Clancey.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars   Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 2:21 am

Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars 221748 Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars 767989
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars   Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 2:25 am

I found this at the used store for 3.98... otherwise I would have never probably ordered it ever. How much better is Bayani? Cause I got this joint probably around a 3. More if the rapping was better.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars   Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 2:45 am

hahahahhahahaha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars   Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 1:53 pm

Don't check out "Bayani" Clancey. It doesn't seem like you appreciate good music. Shaking My Head

Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars   Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 2:32 pm

wrote:

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars   Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 10:43 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Bored and still working so here goes.

First thoughts - this cover is sort of...boring. I have the original version so the front is made to look the front of one of those cheap notebooks you had in school. It's blue - cuz they are blue scholars...ha ha?

The back looks like the yellow back of a notebook with the tracklist, a mic, the group name, and what look like stains...I won't ponder on whether tranny splooged on the CD...

Open the CD and the inside is notebook pages... cute?

There's a really gay picture with like a phillipino looking gay holding the mic and a white guy wearing a kufi... even gayer

1. Soltice Intro - ummm, I'm on track 3 so I forgot what this sounded like.
2. Blue School - see above, I think this one was about school.
3. Bruise Brothers - this one is about the color blue, the beat is kind of cool, sounds like something Stoupe would produce
4. Motion Movement - the philipino used to be a break dancer, he is a rapper now, the hook is cool as is the beat, the dude says too much but doesn't say alot. Like he said "I used to break dance, now I rap" but takes a whole verse to do it.
5. Self Portrait - the rapper dude explains how his life is about protest. Like how there's not enough financial aid and rich kids can afford college.

Intermission - that stack of Ras Kass, Killah Priest, Roots, and even BDP CDs I have next to me is looking real good.

6. Freewheelin' - Another cool beat,nice and jazzy. I can see this playing at Ralph's wedding were that ever to occur. The philipino is leaving... not sure where he's leaving from. He's going to somewhere better... he likes flowers.
7. The Inkwell - The philipino talks about how he started rapping and how he was in seattle and started rapping. He says there is an inkwell above the city...it is a metaphor... for the the infinite gay population in seattle...
8. Burnt Offering - rapper man talks about how he likes to be a socially conscious rapper - that is his offering... and this is super gay considering he's spent WAY more time on this CD talking about how much he likes to rap about relevant shit than actually rapping about relevant shit.
9. Evening Chai - I could make a joke about the song title and how chai is the rapper's pet name for.... but I won't. I dig part of the message of this song, he talks about his brown people. He must be color blind.
10. Blink - ummm...weird michael jackson skit from a movie I never seen? Cool latin beat, he talks about like how you can die really fast so you should dodge the draft. I think he is scared of being drafted.
11. Sagaba - Sagaba is the name of his ex girlfriend...and he like got in her pants by talking up a big game, much like he does on the CD, but then she saw he was full of shit and left him.

Conclusion:

Not bad. Like the beats are on point. Not enough snappy, catchy shit, but like the right emcee could have probably turned in a few bangers. The rapper spends most his time talking about doing shit but never really doing shit. That irks me to no end. He's not as bad of a rapper as I once thought, but still no Miracle, but not quite a Drama either. If he like rapped about some real life shit... even like going to the store to buy some milk for his tea, I'd probably like it more. I can see throwing a few of these Blue Scholar songs in the rotation... not any on this CD, but probaly one or two elsewhere.

Anyone want to buy this? It only has 11 tracks...it's like seattle's illmatic.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing That had to be the funniest shit I ...have...ever...read! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Don't get me wrong. I like Blue Scholars, but I have asked some questions about Geologic and his "thoughts", especially about the part about being brown. Sometimes he sounds kind of suspect.

Speaking about having questions about Seattle Emcees....I worry about RA Scion's intentions. Did you do a review about Common Market?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars   Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 10:44 pm

Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars 132312
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars   Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars Icon_minitimeWed 09 Sep 2009, 6:20 am

wrote:
Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars 132312

don't hate!

And all of those MLK references really make me feel like he's trying to piggyback off of the Civil Right's movement.

RA Scion might be doing that too.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars   Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars Icon_minitimeWed 09 Sep 2009, 8:13 am

I actually liked this album more than Bayani...by a lot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars   Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009, 1:57 am

Cise Starr wrote:
I actually liked this album more than Bayani...by a lot.

me too. I just finished listening to it yesterday.
Back to top Go down
boet
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
boet

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars   Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 1:11 pm

just listened to their OOF ep, already contains two new fav B.S tracks for me...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars   Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blue Scholars - Blue Scholars
Page 1 of 1