Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some info. on Cunninlynguists

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Some info. on Cunninlynguists Empty
PostSubject: Some info. on Cunninlynguists   Some info. on Cunninlynguists Icon_minitimeSat 15 Aug 2009, 5:06 pm

"September 8th was the target date back when we were considering putting it out through Bad Taste/Red Eye (Bad Taste has since switched distributors) but we’ve decided to eliminate middle men for this release. We’ve signed a direct distribution deal, but details won’t be announced for a little while longer.

Expect SJV2 pre-orders to go up sometime in the next 4-6 weeks, plus details on the upcoming 2CD re-releases of some back catalog albums and…a 30+ city U.S. tour?

Stay tuned."

"[in response to someone talking about buying a copy of A Piece of Strange]Or…you can wait for the imminent re-release and stop giving crooks money by purchasing OG press APOS CD’s and iTunes/digitals. Same for SSV2.

As I’ve stated numerous times on this website, LAU has never paid us one red cent of royalties out of the tens of thousands it owes, let alone send us even one statement on sales and distro.

If you consider CL one of your favorite hip-hop artists, just know Natti has a wife and children to support in a recession while the owner of LAU drives a brand new Hummer and $8 of that $13.95 goes directly into that dude’s gas tank. Sad, huh?"

"
But L.A. Underground had nothing to do with Strange Journey Volume One or any other CL release besides SSV2 and APOS. We control everything else or deal with a 3rd party we trust. We’ll be re-releasing WRFF and SU in the next few months ourselves as “Deluxe Editions”, actually.

LAU as a label, on the other hand, has been fucking us over since 2005 when APOS got pushed back, the vinyl single and vinyl 2XLP never came out & the movie was never made. If you bought SSV2 or APOS anywhere besides at a live show or during pre-orders, we never saw a dime of it. That includes SSV2 and APOS on iTunes/Amazon etc"
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

Some info. on Cunninlynguists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some info. on Cunninlynguists   Some info. on Cunninlynguists Icon_minitimeSat 15 Aug 2009, 6:45 pm

I'm pretty pumped about SJV2 and a 30+ city tour. Surely they'll come to Atlanta since Kno is from there.

But that's real fucked up about APOS. That album is 100% classic IMO. Can't wait for it to be re-released so I can finally get a physical copy.
Back to top Go down

Some info. on Cunninlynguists
Page 1 of 1