Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My recent Birthday purchase evaluations

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

My recent Birthday purchase evaluations Empty
PostSubject: My recent Birthday purchase evaluations   My recent Birthday purchase evaluations Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 1:03 pm

Picked up 9 albums that i had already talked about but here are my opinions on each. I'll only rate the albums i know well.

Slaughterhouse "Self-titled"-Don't want to rank it yet but it is everything i was hoping for. Don't understand the people that don't like the production. Favorite track is probably "Raindrops".

The Alchemist "Chemical Warfare"-Great producer album. I love the beats all the way through. The track with Evidence, Blu, and Kweli is insane. Only disappointment was probably the track with Prodigy.

La Coka Nostra "A Brand You Can Trust"-I'm really diggin it. Love the Mix of Rock and Hip Hop. Probably not as good as Bill's "Hour of Reprisal" but definitely dope.

Mc Ren "Shock of the Hour" 4.5 stars-Finally found a copy that was affordable. I've now bought this 3 times and i will not let this one slip out of my hands. One of the most underrated West Coast albums ever.

Tonya Morgan "Brooklynatti"-Fresh album. Maybe my favorite of the bunch. Definitely need to check out more of their work.

Pumpkinhead "Orange Moon Over Brooklyn"-Damn, Pumpkinhead came correct on this one. I figured it would be dope lyrically but the production blew me away. I didn't even know that Marco Polo produced this until i got it and read the credits.

The Coup "Steal This Double Album"-Definitely slept on this one way too long. Another group i'll have to get some more of.

K-Rino "No Mercy"-I know some of his biggest fans on here told me this was a bad place to start but it was cheap so i gave it a shot. I didn't care for the first 3 tracks and then on track 5 the singer on the hook is flat out awful. However, starting with track 7 it's a very dope album. Next time i'll spend a little more money on one of his better albums.

Dela "Changes of Atmosphere"-Just got this one yesterday and i've only listened to it once but it's right up my alley. The songs with J. Live and Kweli stood out to me.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: My recent Birthday purchase evaluations   My recent Birthday purchase evaluations Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 1:57 pm

Nice work E! Looks like you got some heat there. The Coup is probably my favorite album here, followed by Tanya Morgan (then Dela). That Tanya Morgan album was holding the #1 spot for me this year, but I got 3 others fighting for it now:

Lushlife "Cassette City" <--- I'm hooked on this one.
Cyne "Water For Mars"
Bicasso & DJ Fresh "Rebel Musiq"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My recent Birthday purchase evaluations   My recent Birthday purchase evaluations Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 3:00 pm

Alan do you think i'll like that Lushlife cat? Is he white?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My recent Birthday purchase evaluations   My recent Birthday purchase evaluations Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 3:44 pm

Shaking My Head Shaking My Head Shaking My Head Shaking My Head Shaking My Head @ Kev....he's Indian and no, he's too flower powder for you.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: My recent Birthday purchase evaluations   My recent Birthday purchase evaluations Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 5:45 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Alan do you think i'll like that Lushlife cat? Is he white?

I think the dude is tight (he is Indian like Tran said). I got his new one in the top 10 of '09 already. A couple tracks in particular are some of the best of the year.

Check out "Another Word For Paradise" featuring Camp Lo, or my favorite as of now "Until The Sun Dies". If you don't like those, you won't like it. But I actually think you may dig these, Kev. It won't heard to check 'em.

wrote:
Shaking My Head Shaking My Head Shaking My Head Shaking My Head Shaking My Head @ Kev....he's Indian and no, he's too flower powder for you.

Come on. He digs some flower power rap...lol. He may dig it. But it's very possible he won't.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: My recent Birthday purchase evaluations   My recent Birthday purchase evaluations Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 5:47 pm

Kev,

You will however REALLY like Cyne "Water For Mars"...I think...lol. I'd check that one out first. The rapping is more up your alley on that one. I love the production as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My recent Birthday purchase evaluations   My recent Birthday purchase evaluations Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 9:51 am

I'll check out both of them, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My recent Birthday purchase evaluations   My recent Birthday purchase evaluations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My recent Birthday purchase evaluations
Page 1 of 1