Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dizzee Rascal

Go down 
+2
Dwight
Half
6 posters

Best album?
Boy In Da Corner
Dizzee Rascal Vote_lcap50%Dizzee Rascal Vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Showtime
Dizzee Rascal Vote_lcap0%Dizzee Rascal Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Maths + English
Dizzee Rascal Vote_lcap50%Dizzee Rascal Vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Dizzee Rascal Empty
PostSubject: Dizzee Rascal   Dizzee Rascal Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 8:43 am

If you have listened to any of his albums, decide on which one you think is the best. If you've never listened to anything by Dizzee Rascal, you should check out some of his stuff. He's the premier UK hip hop artist right now.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

Dizzee Rascal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dizzee Rascal   Dizzee Rascal Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 2:45 pm

I bought Boy In Da Corner because I read some good reviews but it was terrible IMO. His voice is annoying and the beats were bad for the most part. I'm not trying to hate on your thread but I think Dizzee's wack.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Dizzee Rascal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dizzee Rascal   Dizzee Rascal Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 2:51 pm

Dwight wrote:
I bought Boy In Da Corner because I read some good reviews but it was terrible IMO. His voice is annoying and the beats were bad for the most part. I'm not trying to hate on your thread but I think Dizzee's wack.

I can understand people not liking the album, it definitely isn't for everyone. When I first listened to it I liked some of the tracks, but it took me a while to really get into it. Personally, I think it's a 5 star album.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Dizzee Rascal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dizzee Rascal   Dizzee Rascal Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 3:07 pm

ive never heard him but i always thought about Boy in Da Corner. Ive heard its good and the critics are obsessed with it (that could be a bad thing though lol)
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Dizzee Rascal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dizzee Rascal   Dizzee Rascal Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 3:09 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
ive never heard him but i always thought about Boy in Da Corner. Ive heard its good and the critics are obsessed with it (that could be a bad thing though lol)

Yeah, I always take critic reviews with a grain of salt, they aren't always on the same page as everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Dizzee Rascal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dizzee Rascal   Dizzee Rascal Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 4:07 pm

All I've heard is "Maths + English". Not really my cup of tea, but it is pretty damn tight. Definitely a solid record. I especially love that cut with UGK ("Where's Da G's").
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

Dizzee Rascal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dizzee Rascal   Dizzee Rascal Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 5:13 pm

Alan wrote:
All I've heard is "Maths + English". Not really my cup of tea, but it is pretty damn tight. Definitely a solid record. I especially love that cut with UGK ("Where's Da G's").

yeah Where's Da Gs is a tight song. Bun B and Pimp C are the ones that made that track though, I usually skip over Dizzy's verse when I play that joint.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Dizzee Rascal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dizzee Rascal   Dizzee Rascal Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 5:17 pm

Haterex wrote:
Alan wrote:

yeah Where's Da Gs is a tight song. Bun B and Pimp C are the ones that made that track though, I usually skip over Dizzy's verse when I play that joint.

LOL...yeah, Pimp & Bun do make that track dope.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

Dizzee Rascal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dizzee Rascal   Dizzee Rascal Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 5:22 pm

Honestly, the accents are a problem for me with UK Hip-Hop
Back to top Go down

Dizzee Rascal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dizzee Rascal   Dizzee Rascal Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 12:40 am

I've wondered about his music. I checked out some songs on BIDC, and I can't understand a single word he's saying. I like some UK hip hop, but I don't think I could get into the grime genre.

Now that he has taken my attention, I might go and dl some of his stuff so I can see what everybody was talking about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dizzee Rascal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dizzee Rascal   Dizzee Rascal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dizzee Rascal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: New Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: