Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Jay-Z album?

Go down 
+8
Alan
Half
Z-membu
Shaun
D.Powell
Norfeest
T. Myers
Laced With Slang
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which is your favorite album?
Reasonable Doubt (1996)
Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap45%Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 45% [ 9 ]
In My Lifetime, Vol. 1 (1997)
Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life (1998)
Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Vol. 3... Life and Times of S. Carter (1999)
Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
The Dynasty: Roc La Familia (2000)
 0% [ 0 ]
The Blueprint (2001)
Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 40% [ 8 ]
The Blueprint²: The Gift & the Curse (2002)
 0% [ 0 ]
The Black Album (2003)
Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Kingdom Come (2006)
 5% [ 1 ]
American Gangster (2007)
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage

Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Jay-Z album?   Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009, 12:10 pm

no one said they dont like jay, and everyone here acknowledges multiple classics from the man....but you're stupid as fuck. jay is the dictionary definition of a sellout "a person who compromises his or her personal values, integrity, talent, or the like, for money or personal advancement."

Anyway, Snoop Dogg isn't a sellout, Ice Cube isn't a sellout, Nelly isn't a sellout, Ice-T isn't a sellout, Jay-Z isn't a sellout....please tell me WHO is???????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Jay-Z album?   Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009, 1:02 pm

Steve you just want to argue so no sense in talking sense with you. Nothing I will say will even slighty make you think I got a point. And what was Jay's personal values? Do you know?

Sellouts imo
Black Eyed Peas
Hammer
Vanilla Ice
Jim Jones
Diddy
Lashawn
Fat Joe (a tad)
Shawnna
David Banner
Mase

And I yes some artist have made some shaky on the fence sellout decisions during their career but I look at overrall dopeness.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Jay-Z album?   Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009, 1:27 pm

Jay - Z, Top 3, For me:

1. Blueprint
2. Reasonable Doubt
3. American Gangster
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Jay-Z album?   Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009, 3:22 pm

D.Powell wrote:
I have to agree with Norf and Steve on this one and I love Jay-Z

It's no secret that he has sold out many times over to improve his sales and stature in the game but what has always "saved" him was his actual skills on the mic, which is why he enters into my top ten emcees of all-time (number 7 to be exact)

his mic skills are no joke, his flow is no joke and even his voice although annoying sometimes is his calling card as well, he has crafted some of the most memorable hip-hop songs of all-time but he has also "sold-out" with the best of 'em which is why heads like Jeezy and Lil Wayne and Drake all want an emcee of Jay's stature on their projects...they would NEVER request a KRS-One or a Buckshot or a Sadat X or a Canibus for their projects because there's not more exposure involved in dealing with those types of emcees...and it doesn't help out with their bottomline which is record sales....something that heads like Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, 50 Cent and Kanye West have all become obsessed with, and I mean I can't fully blame them, if they wanted to make "regular" money then they could've become accountants or applied at Staples...lol...

That pretty much sums it up for me...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
yOGi420™
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Jay-Z album?   Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009, 1:48 am

where is the none of the above????? hahahahahaahahaha! fuck that commercial hoe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Jay-Z album?   Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009, 2:22 am

what the fuck is so good about the camel as a rapper....hes a very boring rapper....not even 1 hit in 20 yrs....his new cd gonna suck ass as usual...boring trumpet sounds and loud horns and violins...if the camel did thizz or hyphy music he might be a average rapper at best
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Jay-Z album?   Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009, 2:30 am

yeah prolly not though Big Grin
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Jay-Z album?   Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009, 8:40 am

hyphy4life wrote:
what the fuck is so good about the camel as a rapper....hes a very boring rapper....not even 1 hit in 20 yrs....his new cd gonna suck ass as usual...boring trumpet sounds and loud horns and violins...if the camel did thizz or hyphy music he might be a average rapper at best

Now we all know this forum is all about opinions but this one sounds like he's got big dicks shoved up his ears..lol.

fa jozzle in your nozzle my dude!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Jay-Z album?   Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009, 5:56 pm

hyphy4life wrote:

Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 857452 Christ, we've got another Lopez on our hands....
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Jay-Z album?   Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009, 6:25 pm

"Black Eyed Peas
Hammer
Vanilla Ice
Jim Jones
Diddy
Lashawn
Fat Joe (a tad)
Shawnna
David Banner
Mase"

Hammer, Vanilla Ice, Jim Jones, Shawnna, etc. are not sellouts at all. They came into the game making the same music their whole career. They changed nothing
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Jay-Z album?   Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009, 6:43 pm

I'm still laughing at Kev saying Fat Joe(a tad). Kev's the captain of the ship, and he's gonna go down with his ship. Either way, Kev and I have had the Fat Joe debate enought to know neither of us are going to change our opinions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Jay-Z album?   Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009, 7:27 pm

lol! ...yeah man please no need for that.

And Shaun the resons I called Shawnna a sellout is because when she first started with that grp Syndicate or something like that she was str8 up harcore no sex and shit just str8 lyrical murde than all of a sudden she's Trina when she gets with Luda. I'm sure she only did it to get more mainstream acceptance because that hard style was not going to cut it.

Jim Jones because he seems to have no boundries on the bullshit pop crap he will endorse. Jim Jones will get on anything and plus he rarely shows true to his NY roots.

Ice because he came in lying about his background and where he was from.

Hammer not so much just that he did try to switch to hardcore after he caught so much backlash for being pop.

Last edited by KRob86 on Mon 24 Aug 2009, 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Jay-Z album?   Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009, 7:50 pm

I did not know that about Shawnna.

It doesn't matter if V. Ice lied about his ish, he didn't change his music with it; unless he made an album/a few singles then lied and switched his steez.

"Hammer not so much just that he did try to switch to hardcore after he caught so much backlash for being pop."

I remembered that right after I posted, lol. I think we're thinking sell out in a different way here. Again, I wouldn't call those artists sell outs, but did they sell out the industry? Hell yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Jay-Z album?   Favorite Jay-Z album? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Jay-Z album?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: