Hip-Hop 4 Life
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Geto Boys vs. The Lox

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Who's better?
Geto Boys
84%
 84% [ 16 ]
The Lox
16%
 16% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19
 

AuthorMessage
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
avatar

Posts : 5364
Join date : 2009-06-11
Age : 36
Location : Minneapolis, MN

PostSubject: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 10:43 am

Powell says...

"The Lox would win easily in my eyes mothafuckers...lol"

What about in your eyes?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 10:49 am

I obviously voted for GB like everybody on the forum should (except Powell, I think even KJ has enough sense to know GB>Lox) but I don't think we need to check Powell's ego like this. Can't we call him out for his DJ Quik ignorance or something instead?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
avatar

Posts : 6865
Join date : 2009-06-12
Age : 241
Location : A Clean, Well-Lighted Place

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 10:49 am

Geto Boys

_________________
a.k.a AFutureWithoutAPast, Kendrick Davis

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 10:55 am

Geto Boys. The Lox cant get their shit together to make more than one 4 star album
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 10:58 am

The Lox are more talented overall which is why I'm picking them

Bushwick Bill and Willie "Damn" Dee just destroy The Geto Boys for me although I have alot of respect for them in terms of what they mean to the south...and of course this was the start for the LEGEND Scarface whose solo career is one the best hip-hop careers to date

but the Geto Boys lose here because 'Face was given two chicken nuggets in his group while Jadakiss was given Styles P and Sheek Louch both of whom would DESTROY Bushwick Bill and Willie "Damn" Dee if they were drunk off their asses and throwing up...they would still eat those two chicken nuggets for dinner....

THE LOX WINS baby bubba!
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
avatar

Posts : 1989
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 27
Location : South GA

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 11:06 am

hmm when I saw the thread title I swore Hyphy started this thread.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 11:11 am

Just imagine for a minute if The Lox were from the South instead of the East

just imagine that for a minute...the same talent level but they were from Texas instead of NYC..

they are getting lost in NYC because although they are extremely talented there's so much talent in NYC that they get pushed to the side and lost....the talent level in The Lox is HUGE...all 3 of those guys can spit...and do it on all levels..Jada...Styles and Sheek

Put those same 3 guys in the South and they would probably be looked at as even bigger or just as big as The beloved Geto Boys to the southern folks because that much talent couldn't be pushed to the side down there....this is REAL talk.....
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 11:13 am

Looks like you're losing, Powell. Since when do you judge groups by the amount of potential in each individual member?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 11:14 am

I understand your point of view Powell, it's valid. HOWEVER, the Lox still have a certain amount of control over their destiny and they haven't dropped anything nearly as good as GB's worst effort. I can't believe Mr. Old School is really just a NYC guy. Shaking My Head I believed in you.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 11:15 am

I don't care if I lose N3RO I expected to...who cares man it doesn't change my point of view on things....The Lox are better in my eyes!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 11:17 am

I know it won't change your mind, I was just saying. Like I said, I understand your pov.
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
avatar

Posts : 1039
Join date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 11:26 am

Geto Boys easily, they have a number of great albums, the Lox have none.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
avatar

Posts : 5364
Join date : 2009-06-11
Age : 36
Location : Minneapolis, MN

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 11:42 am

Jason wrote:
Geto Boys easily, they have a number of great albums, the Lox have none.

Cosign
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 11:54 am

if were doing this by potential the HRSMN would be one of the greatest groups ever. See what i mean? Lox arent touching the Geto Boys as a group
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 12:09 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Just imagine for a minute if The Lox were from the South instead of the East

just imagine that for a minute...the same talent level but they were from Texas instead of NYC

Just imagine if the Lox released classic albums like the Geto Boys.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 12:10 pm

T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Just imagine for a minute if The Lox were from the South instead of the East

just imagine that for a minute...the same talent level but they were from Texas instead of NYC

Just imagine if the Lox released classic albums like the Geto Boys.

LOL...mmmkay Terry....THE LOX WIN baby bubba
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 12:11 pm

D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Just imagine for a minute if The Lox were from the South instead of the East

just imagine that for a minute...the same talent level but they were from Texas instead of NYC

Just imagine if the Lox released classic albums like the Geto Boys.

LOL...mmmkay Terry....THE LOX WIN baby bubba

What's the matter? Please try to refute that.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 12:17 pm

T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Just imagine for a minute if The Lox were from the South instead of the East

just imagine that for a minute...the same talent level but they were from Texas instead of NYC

Just imagine if the Lox released classic albums like the Geto Boys.

LOL...mmmkay Terry....THE LOX WIN baby bubba

What's the matter? Please try to refute that.

The Geto Boys have made better overall albums than The Lox

I'm basing my choice on whom I think is the better group overall though and based upon that then The Lox IMO are smashing The Geto Boys....there is too much talent in The Lox for The Geto Boys to compete with them IMO

Scarface vs. Jadakiss- I'm giving this a PUSH or maybe 'Face by an inch

Willie vs. Sheek-Sheek by a fuckin landslide

Bill vs. Styles P-Styles would P on Bill's head..lol
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 12:19 pm

D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Just imagine for a minute if The Lox were from the South instead of the East

just imagine that for a minute...the same talent level but they were from Texas instead of NYC

Just imagine if the Lox released classic albums like the Geto Boys.

LOL...mmmkay Terry....THE LOX WIN baby bubba

What's the matter? Please try to refute that.

The Geto Boys have made better overall albums than The Lox

I'm basing my choice on whom I think is the better group overall though and based upon that then The Lox IMO are smashing The Geto Boys....there is too much talent in The Lox for The Geto Boys to compete with them IMO

Scarface vs. Jadakiss- I'm giving this a PUSH or maybe 'Face by an inch

Willie vs. Sheek-Sheek by a fuckin landslide

Bill vs. Styles P-Styles would P on Bill's head..lol

By your logic, The Lox are better than Run DMC too because we both know Jada and Styles are killing Run and DMC lyrically, right?

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 12:20 pm

Like I think talent wise there is no greater group than The Wu-Tang Clan..talent wise they beat everybody else except The Juice Crew but that wasn't a group per se' that was a collective of solo artists...Wu-Tang was marketed as a group first who then sent out solo artists...so the GOAT group talent wise IMO is Wu-Tang Clan....
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 12:23 pm

Now you're avoiding my question because there is no answer that you can give that will not make you look foolish. Just stop while you're ahead. LOL!

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 12:24 pm

T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Just imagine for a minute if The Lox were from the South instead of the East

just imagine that for a minute...the same talent level but they were from Texas instead of NYC

Just imagine if the Lox released classic albums like the Geto Boys.

LOL...mmmkay Terry....THE LOX WIN baby bubba

What's the matter? Please try to refute that.

The Geto Boys have made better overall albums than The Lox

I'm basing my choice on whom I think is the better group overall though and based upon that then The Lox IMO are smashing The Geto Boys....there is too much talent in The Lox for The Geto Boys to compete with them IMO

Scarface vs. Jadakiss- I'm giving this a PUSH or maybe 'Face by an inch

Willie vs. Sheek-Sheek by a fuckin landslide

Bill vs. Styles P-Styles would P on Bill's head..lol

By your logic, The Lox are better than Run DMC too because we both know Jada and Styles are killing Run and DMC lyrically, right?

Run-D.M.C. is one of the greatest groups to ever do it propelled mainly by an unstoppable DJ...on the mic they were both average, and yes Jada and Styles are more lyrical but Run-D.M.C would win the same way that The Geto Boys are winning in your eyes but even more pronounced....Run-D.M.C. were The Beatles of this hip-hop shit...they made everything going on now in hip-hop possible, not The Geto Boys but Run-D.M.C....shit Run, Dee and Jay are the reason why The Geto Boys even exist man....lol..REAL talk
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 12:25 pm

Your "question" came after I sent that response Terry...calm down..lol
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 12:26 pm

D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Just imagine for a minute if The Lox were from the South instead of the East

just imagine that for a minute...the same talent level but they were from Texas instead of NYC

Just imagine if the Lox released classic albums like the Geto Boys.

LOL...mmmkay Terry....THE LOX WIN baby bubba

What's the matter? Please try to refute that.

The Geto Boys have made better overall albums than The Lox

I'm basing my choice on whom I think is the better group overall though and based upon that then The Lox IMO are smashing The Geto Boys....there is too much talent in The Lox for The Geto Boys to compete with them IMO

Scarface vs. Jadakiss- I'm giving this a PUSH or maybe 'Face by an inch

Willie vs. Sheek-Sheek by a fuckin landslide

Bill vs. Styles P-Styles would P on Bill's head..lol

By your logic, The Lox are better than Run DMC too because we both know Jada and Styles are killing Run and DMC lyrically, right?

Run-D.M.C. is one of the greatest groups to ever do it propelled mainly by an unstoppable DJ...on the mic they were both average, and yes Jada and Styles are more lyrical but Run-D.M.C would win the same way that The Geto Boys are winning in your eyes but even more pronounced....Run-D.M.C. were The Beatles of this hip-hop shit...they made everything going on now in hip-hop possible, not The Geto Boys but Run-D.M.C....shit Run, Dee and Jay are the reason why The Geto Boys even exist man....lol..REAL talk

That still has absolutely nothing to do with my point. You can't have different standards. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 12:29 pm

No different standards Terry because The Geto Boys AREN'T on Run-D.M.C.'s level...are you saying that they are???

Were The Geto Boys the first hip-hop act to have a gold hip-hop album??

Were The Geto Boys the first hip-hop act to appear on MTV???

The first hip-hop act to appear on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine??

Did The Geto Boys appear in Krush Groove???

They aren't on the same level as Run-D.M.C. and you already know this....
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 12:31 pm

None of that matters according to your logic. You flat out said that the Lox were better because they had more individual talent. They also have more skill than Run and DMC too. Now you're back tracking to cover your ass. you CAN'T have it both ways.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 12:31 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run-D.M.C.

Read and learn Terry...lol...real talk


When The Geto Boys have accomplished some of that shit then holla at cha boy about GREAT fuckin groups of all-time alright man?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 12:34 pm

Run-D.M.C and The Geto Boys AREN'T a fair match-up.....it's not fair to them to be put on that level because they aren't there...and this is the reason why Run-D.M.C. wins out over the The Lox

but The Geto Boys aren't on that level as Run-D.M.C. nor are they as talented as The Lox...so they lose on both counts...lol
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 12:34 pm

D.Powell wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run-D.M.C.

Read and learn Terry...lol...real talk


When The Geto Boys have accomplished some of that shit then holla at cha boy about GREAT fuckin groups of all-time alright man?

That has nothing to do with the argument. Geto Boys are not being compared directly to Run DMC. The fact is The Lox haven't accomplished as much as the Geto Boys. Again, your argument is flawed and ignorant. Try again.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 12:36 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Run-D.M.C and The Geto Boys AREN'T a fair match-up.....it's not fair to them to be put on that level because they aren't there...and this is the reason why Run-D.M.C. wins out over the The Lox

but The Geto Boys aren't on that level as Run-D.M.C. nor are they as talented as The Lox...so they lose on both counts...lol

Now you're switching up arguments. which one is? you can't use two different arguments to suit your case. also, you're the only one comparing GB and Run DMC

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 12:38 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Run-D.M.C and The Geto Boys AREN'T a fair match-up.....it's not fair to them to be put on that level because they aren't there...and this is the reason why Run-D.M.C. wins out over the The Lox

but The Geto Boys aren't on that level as Run-D.M.C. nor are they as talented as The Lox...so they lose on both counts...lol

that shows my debate right there Terry, your just being stubborn because your beloved southern group IMO is just not on the level in either case, way, shape or form and your pissed

Hey man blame it on Bushwick and Willie...LMAO!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 12:40 pm

The Geto Boys still had careers solo wise after their grp albums what about Run and DMC? Do they even still have a fanbase? Scarface is consistly talked about with the greatest rappers of all time what about Run or DMC?

Not really trying to compare the two because of course on a larger scale RunDmc means more to hip hop than the GB or should I say made the bigger impact.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 12:44 pm

No Powell, You are trying to deflect attention away from your flawed argument. Show me where i ever compared The Geto Boys to Run DMC. I used your argument as to why The Lox were better than GB and turned it on its ear, and now your scrambling to save face.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 1:11 pm

LOL okay Terry
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 1:17 pm

D.Powell wrote:
LOL okay Terry

Show Me, or keep quiet, okay?

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 1:47 pm

Powell just take the L on this one, Terry served you when you used two different criteria to compare groups
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
avatar

Posts : 2871
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 40
Location : DMV

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 2:04 pm

KRob86 wrote:
The Geto Boys still had careers solo wise after their grp albums what about Run and DMC? Do they even still have a fanbase? Scarface is consistly talked about with the greatest rappers of all time what about Run or DMC

That's not fair at all...

Run DMC will never perform again...out of respect for JMJ. Not because they can't, but because they won't.

That said, their fan base has gone nowhere. Weren't they still making albums when Jay got killed? If Jay were alive, they'd be selling out crowds right now. Adults by concert tickets too.

And if Run DMC isn't talked about amongst the greats, I'd quit getting my info from whoever you're getting yours from, Kev. That's simply ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 2:40 pm

Honestly, I disagree with Powell on this one.

The Geto Boys have two classic albums IMO. Grip It On That Other Level and We Can't Be Stopped. Resurrection is a near classic. With the exception of The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, I've liked all of the GB albums I've heard.

I'm a fan of the Lox, but they have ZERO classic albums as a group or solo. We Are The Streets is a near classic, but their only other album, Money Power & Respect is an average album at best.

As far as solos go, Scarface's discography blows them away!! But even if you just make it group vs group Geto Boys still win.

The only argument that can be made for the Lox is that the three members are bettter than Bushwick and Willie D, but that's not a strong enough argument to put them over GB.

Hell, the Lox are more talented lyricists than a lot of groups, but they don't have the catalog to back it up. So while I'm as East Coast as anybody on the forum, including Powell, I give this matchup to the Geto Boys, and fairly easily too.

Until Jada, Styles, and Sheek come out with a classic album, they are not on the same level as the Geto Boys IMO.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!


Posts : 795
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 36
Location : San Antonio

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 3:09 pm

^^^Co-sign to the fullest. The first Lox album was booty and easily forgettable. That album was made on some Puff Daddy, jiggy bullshit!! The second joint was an improved effort, but still not as cohesive as it should have been. When Jada and Sheek started out as a feature on Main Source's 2nd album, I thought they would make noise in the hip hop world. I was dead wrong by the time they dropped Money, Power, and Respect. They really didn't improve on anything until after the millennium hit. So, Geto Boys win by a long shot. Even though Lox are lyrically better than Willie D and Bushwick, Scarface's discography easily smacks anything Lox ever dropped together or as solo artists.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 3:10 pm

Geto Boys FTW!!!!!!!!!

Ol' Ancient One Who Loves Eli's Nuts FTL!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 3:10 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
The Geto Boys still had careers solo wise after their grp albums what about Run and DMC? Do they even still have a fanbase? Scarface is consistly talked about with the greatest rappers of all time what about Run or DMC

That's not fair at all...

Run DMC will never perform again...out of respect for JMJ. Not because they can't, but because they won't.

That said, their fan base has gone nowhere. Weren't they still making albums when Jay got killed? If Jay were alive, they'd be selling out crowds right now. Adults by concert tickets too.

And if Run DMC isn't talked about amongst the greats, I'd quit getting my info from whoever you're getting yours from, Kev. That's simply ridiculous.

Nor you miscomprehended what I was saying. I was saying as solo artists they have done nothing like the Geto Boys have with life AFTER a grp. Not their grps efforts or anything were being discussed in my statment. That is why at the end of it I seperated Run and DMC.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 3:12 pm

wrote:
Geto Boys FTW!!!!!!!!!

Ol' Ancient One Who Loves Eli's Nuts FTL!!!!!!!!!!

Tranny this is about the 60th time you've talked about Eli Manning's private parts man...your starting to get me concerned....either find another joke or just shut the fuck up..it's corny already man...and you keep bringing up some dude's private parts...I don't wish to hear about it okay???


LOL
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 3:14 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Powell just take the L on this one, Terry served you when you used two different criteria to compare groups

Ummm Slang we're not talking about Wu-Tang today okay??? when we talk about them that's about the ONLY time I wish to hear from you...


LOL, thanks for your input though
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 3:17 pm

T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
LOL okay Terry

Show Me, or keep quiet, okay?

You must think your talking to one of your kids huh Terry??? you really haven't shown me anything but that your upset because I had the nerve to challenge one of your southern legendary groups with a group that I still believe will completely FRY their asses....put them in a skillet and FRY their asses...you and the others can stay in love with The Geto Boys as one of the GOAT groups...but me..I'm going to pass okay baby bubba???

LOL
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 3:19 pm

D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
LOL okay Terry

Show Me, or keep quiet, okay?

You must think your talking to one of your kids huh Terry??? you really haven't shown me anything but that your upset because I had the nerve to challenge one of your southern legendary groups with a group that I still believe will completely FRY their asses....put them in a skillet and FRY their asses...you and the others can stay in love with The Geto Boys as one of the GOAT groups...but me..I'm going to pass okay baby bubba???

LOL

It's because you can't. So keep quiet old man, or i'll put you in a retirement home.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 3:20 pm

Powell, I agree with you most of the time, but you lost this battle IMO.

While there are a number of East Coast groups I'd take over GB, The Lox ain't one of them.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 3:20 pm

What's really sad is that Powell ASSUMES i love The Geto Boys. He really has no idea where they actually rank on my list.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 3:24 pm

J. Harris wrote:
^^^Co-sign to the fullest. The first Lox album was booty and easily forgettable. That album was made on some Puff Daddy, jiggy bullshit!! The second joint was an improved effort, but still not as cohesive as it should have been. When Jada and Sheek started out as a feature on Main Source's 2nd album, I thought they would make noise in the hip hop world. I was dead wrong by the time they dropped Money, Power, and Respect. They really didn't improve on anything until after the millennium hit. So, Geto Boys win by a long shot. Even though Lox are lyrically better than Willie D and Bushwick, Scarface's discography easily smacks anything Lox ever dropped together or as solo artists.

UMM J.Harris he who is quick to give bullshit ratings on albums CONSTANTLY....I'm not comparing The Lox to Scarface's solo career because then there is no comparison...I'm comparing them to THE GETO BOYS....they beat THE GETO BOYS IMO...to me THE GETO BOYS will lose alot of battles because of those two chicken nuggets that were in the group...never in any other group did I see the group take such a loss because of other members...NEVER

A Tribe Called Quest
EPMD
Outkast
Goodie Mob
Run-D.M.C
Wu-Tang Clan
Nice And Smooth
Gangstarr
Pete Rock and CL Smooth
NWA
PE
The Lox
Little Brother
Das EFX
Onyx
Shit even Wreckx-N-Effect had members that complimented each other

I'm not saying all of those groups are better than THE GETO BOYS....I'm just saying that THE GETO BOYS went down too much in quality because of two members I don't care how many "great" albums that they released...Bushwick and Willie will never be a part of a GOAT group IMO...again this is my opinion no one else's...just mine mmmkay!


LOL-jeepers creepers man!


Last edited by D.Powell on Thu 27 Aug 2009, 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 3:25 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Powell, I agree with you most of the time, but you lost this battle IMO.

While there are a number of East Coast groups I'd take over GB, The Lox ain't one of them.

UMM KJ I didn't lose just because you don't agree with me come on man...LOL are you serious...you and the others don't agree with me...so what!! that doesn't mean I lost right???
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Thu 27 Aug 2009, 3:31 pm

you just said JEEPERS CREEPERS

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   

Back to top Go down
 
Geto Boys vs. The Lox
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Saxon v Jamdown Rockers v Frontline: Lewisham Boys Club, SE London. August 1983
» Saxon v Ghettotone: Lewisham Boys Club. 21st October 1983 (pt2)
» Funky Swedish white boys.
» Saxon: Lewisham Boys Club. 1983
» Special Touch feat the Bad Boys & Studio Express 625: 5 December 1998

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: