Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Free Blu EP - NoSleepForADay EP

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Free Blu EP - NoSleepForADay EP Empty
PostSubject: Free Blu EP - NoSleepForADay EP   Free Blu EP - NoSleepForADay EP Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 7:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Free Blu EP - NoSleepForADay EP   Free Blu EP - NoSleepForADay EP Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 7:45 pm

I must say I fucking hate the way Blu types (UsingNoSpacesGetsAnnoyingAndHardToReadIMO).

Anyway, I'll give this a listen. But Blu has been drifting from my radar a bit since Blue & Exile dropped their '07 gem. I've liked work he's done since, but not nearly as much. I dug CRAC a good amount, but Johnson & Jonson was very average IMO. And his guest spots since have been...meh. He sounded more inspired over Exile's beats and hasn't recovered much. Or maybe he used his best material on that album...I dunno...I'll give this a look though.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Free Blu EP - NoSleepForADay EP   Free Blu EP - NoSleepForADay EP Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 7:48 pm

be honest all ive heard was Below The Heavens and a couple guest spots
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Free Blu EP - NoSleepForADay EP   Free Blu EP - NoSleepForADay EP Icon_minitimeFri 28 Aug 2009, 8:23 am

Blu also has had releases with Mainframe and Ta'raach. Below the Heavens w/ Exile is still is best effort.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Free Blu EP - NoSleepForADay EP   Free Blu EP - NoSleepForADay EP Icon_minitimeSat 29 Aug 2009, 10:12 am

Jay Brizzy wrote:
Blu also has had releases with Mainframe and Ta'raach....

Yeah, I did reference both in my post...

Any WTF is with the Blu EP? There are 7 tracks, and it's 8 minutes long. Seriously. I'm not even going to waste my time...
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Free Blu EP - NoSleepForADay EP   Free Blu EP - NoSleepForADay EP Icon_minitimeSat 29 Aug 2009, 10:53 am

This is an instrumental EP, right? He's not much of a beat maker, I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Free Blu EP - NoSleepForADay EP   Free Blu EP - NoSleepForADay EP Icon_minitimeSat 29 Aug 2009, 11:28 am

Herfavoritecolo(u)r had some nice beats goin on. Better than Exile's last album. I'm a sucker for anything involving Billie Holiday, though.

I still can't believe I'm the only person that sees merit in J&J.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Free Blu EP - NoSleepForADay EP   Free Blu EP - NoSleepForADay EP Icon_minitimeSat 29 Aug 2009, 11:34 am

I saw merit in J&J, but the sound quality was so poor that I didn't get much listening out of it. I'd at least say it was good, there might have even been a great album in there somewhere, if it was recorded, mixed, and mastered properly. I've had the same problem with the stuff Joe Budden has released since he left Def Jam, it's the main thing keeping me from being a regular listener of his.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Free Blu EP - NoSleepForADay EP   Free Blu EP - NoSleepForADay EP Icon_minitimeSat 29 Aug 2009, 2:34 pm

Jason wrote:
I saw merit in J&J, but the sound quality was so poor that I didn't get much listening out of it. I'd at least say it was good, there might have even been a great album in there somewhere, if it was recorded, mixed, and mastered properly. I've had the same problem with the stuff Joe Budden has released since he left Def Jam, it's the main thing keeping me from being a regular listener of his.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with the sound quality (in fact, I remember the engineering being nice). I just didn't think the production was anything special. The album was solid, but that's about it (3.5 stars IMO)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Free Blu EP - NoSleepForADay EP   Free Blu EP - NoSleepForADay EP Icon_minitimeSat 29 Aug 2009, 5:08 pm

I had really high hopes for Blu, and except for a few people (I think only Alan liked CRAC, and no one liked Johnson & Johnson) his follow-on releases have been garbage. Below the Heavens is a slept on (mainstream) classic, but Exile is the main reason for that. It must have been a once in a lifetime for both of them since all I have heard from either is 3.5 or less before and after.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free Blu EP - NoSleepForADay EP   Free Blu EP - NoSleepForADay EP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Free Blu EP - NoSleepForADay EP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: New Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: