Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MC Hammer - Let's Get It Started / Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

MC Hammer  - Let's Get It Started / Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em Empty
PostSubject: MC Hammer - Let's Get It Started / Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em   MC Hammer  - Let's Get It Started / Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em Icon_minitimeSun 30 Aug 2009, 4:02 pm

So I was stoned out of my mind down in the basement this morning looking through my cassette tapes, and came across the two following albums. I realized I had never given them an honest objective listen. So I figured what the hell...

Let's Get It Started (1988): I knew MC Hammer was a producer, but I guess I was surprised to see he produced all of the album. There wasn't any material I would say is glaringly bad about this one. My main complain would be a lot of the bland choruses, and his flow sounds dated. My favorites on the A side were "Ring 'Em" & "You're Being Served". I really liked the production on both of those. On the B side, I dug "It's Gone" (love the sample), "Son Of The King" & "Feel My Power". For an overall rating, I'd probably give it 3.75 stars on the first listen.

Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em (1990): Again, Hammer is back as the producer as well. I must say I was not digging this album nearly as much. "U Can't Touch This" was the only real winner on side A in my opinion. "Here Comes The Hammer" was a decent opener. "Yo! Sweetness" wasn't too bad either. However, "Have You Seen Her" was just wack, and his take on Marvin Gaye's "Mercy Mercy Me" ("Help The Children") was weak IMO. Side B: I enjoyed "Pray", mostly for the tight production...dug the samples. "Let's Go Deeper" & "Work This" were nice as well. "Black Is Black" was also decent. There was some skip material here as well though. Overall, I'd give this one 3 stars on the first listen.
Back to top Go down

MC Hammer - Let's Get It Started / Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: