Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3 Empty
PostSubject: For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3   For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 1:45 pm

It's dope man, definitely better than OB4CL2 IMO, and Empire State of Mind will be THE anthem of 2k9 for you NYC niggaz. I have it at 4.25-4.5 right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3   For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 3:01 pm

Chill with the sarcasm dude!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3   For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 3:02 pm

Man can you guys just stop talking about it, i'm trying to wait till release date.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3   For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 3:08 pm

Well I heard the leak Kev. You can choose to wait till the release date if you want, but I would suggest checking out the leak before deciding to buy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3   For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 4:19 pm

I am not being sarcastic, I'm being serious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3   For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 10:47 pm

Yeah Steve legit likes this album. He's alone in it though.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3   For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 10:48 pm

I dig the album albeit not as much as Steve. It's definitely not a dud IMO.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3   For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 12:27 am

Much better than I thought it would be. Take away the 4 skip tracks, and you have a 4.5 album. I'd give it around 3.5-3.75 first time through.

By the way, "Hate" with K. West is probably the worst song of the year
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3   For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 12:34 am

Hate is an autotune song - I just heard it on youtube.. fucking idiot...DOA and then an autotune song on there...smh...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3   For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 9:15 am

Hate doesn't actually use autotone, it's utilizing a vocal effect similar to the song West sampled for "Stronger". There are songs on there with the R&B hooks that clearly use Autotune though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3   For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 2:16 pm

Honestly, I thought the album SUCKED. The only one of Jay's albums that's worse than this one is Blueprint 2.

And Steve, stop frontin. You said the album was trash the other night in the chatbox. It's NOWHERE NEAR as good as OB4CL2.

Last edited by KJ Styles on Thu 03 Sep 2009, 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3   For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 2:17 pm

N3R0 of 0nSlaught3r wrote:
Hate doesn't actually use autotone, it's utilizing a vocal effect similar to the song West sampled for "Stronger". There are songs on there with the R&B hooks that clearly use Autotune though.

Talk Box?
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3   For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 2:17 pm

I thought it sucked after the singles and I played the 2 worst songs off their randomly. The only skip tracks are Venus Vs. Mars (which is growing on me) and Hate. I really like the album man.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3   For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 2:18 pm

The album is on par with OBFCL2 as far as I'm concerned...strong start, awful/boring finish.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3   For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 2:19 pm

Steve wrote:
I thought it sucked after the singles and I played the 2 worst songs off their randomly. The only skip tracks are Venus Vs. Mars (which is growing on me) and Hate. I really like the album man.

You honestly like this better than OB4CL2? I think that album MURKS Blueprint 3.

I'll spin BP3 again, but I doubt my opinion will change that much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3   For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 3:28 pm

I spun the album again, and it's not as bad as I thought it was after the first spin. It's got a few dope songs.

That said, it's still not a GREAT album. I'll give it 3.5 stars. I really like "What We Talkin About", "A Star Is Born", "Already Home", and of course "DOA". An above average effort.

It definitely has it's share of skip tracks though. I'll say that this album is better than Kingdom Come and Blueprint 2 (which is his worst) but those are the only Jay albums I'd rate this over. It's definitely not as good as OB4CL2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3   For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For anybody not sure about Blueprint 3
Page 1 of 1