Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]

Go down 
+29
Myestro
Cold Loungin
Justin Linker
ACRID"
Norfeest
Dang! Trotter
Undisputed
Purple Haze
arokone
Cory
Justice
Deanie O'Banion
Jason
gametheory91
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Highsmith
Z-membu
Half
E. Taylor
Xcel
Dwight
J. Harris
Laced With Slang
Shaun
Esco
TheHazardous
Alan
T. Myers
Funk Seoul Brother
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Apr 2010, 4:03 pm

Has anyone besides Terry and N3R0 heard the new AOTP?
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Apr 2010, 4:10 pm

Recent purchases:

Inspectah Deck- Manifesto (Easily my favorite album from him. Lots of banging tracks.)
Dubee- For That $crilla
Jurassic 5- Quality Control
Jurassic 5- Power in Numbers (Limited Edition w/ Bonus DVD)
Meth, Rae & Ghost- Wu Massacre (I caved in and copped it. Still gotta give it a spin)
Brotha Lynch Hung- Dinner & A Movie (still in the mail)
Army of the Pharaohs- The Unholy Terror (still in the mail, I have high expectation for this)
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Apr 2010, 4:14 pm

Shaun wrote:
Has anyone besides Terry and N3R0 heard the new AOTP?

Shaking My Head Is my word not good enough for you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Apr 2010, 5:52 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
How's the Usher joint Terry?

I was disappointed. The single with Will.I.Am is wack IMO, and More didn't make the album. I was hoping to get an album as personal and dope as Confessions, but those moments were fleeting.

Can't say I'm surprised since Here I Stand sucked too. I thought Confessions was a dope album as well. 8701 is my personal favorite from him though.

That new Monica album is a banger though.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Apr 2010, 8:33 pm

More was on the Itunes version Terry. I actually like the new CD better than Here I Stand but with Erykah Badu coming out on the same day and the Monica droppin' the week before, those CDs are the better options, IMO
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Apr 2010, 8:39 pm

Highsmith wrote:
More was on the Itunes version Terry. I actually like the new CD better than Here I Stand but with Erykah Badu coming out on the same day and the Monica droppin' the week before, those CDs are the better options, IMO

Yeah, i knew More was an itunes exclusive, but i already had the track. I just wanted it on the actual album. And i think this album lacks the standouts that Here I Am had.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Apr 2010, 8:56 pm

That makes sense to me Terry. I probably was disappointed with Here I Stand because it followed Confessions and it was too much of a drop off for me from that CD. Neither CD has too many standouts to me, I just like Raymond Vs Raymond a little better.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Apr 2010, 6:33 pm

Purchases:

Black Moon-Total Eclipse
Wu-Tang-Chamber Music
Pete Rock-PeteStrumentals
Pete Rock-NY's Finest Instrumentals
Pete Rock-Underground Classics
Pete Rock Surviving Elements
Pete Rock-Lost and Found
Pete Rock & CL Smooth-All Souled Out
YG'z-Street N****
Edo. G-My Own Worst Enemy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Apr 2010, 11:02 pm

smh... terry was supposed to slow down on the purchases.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Apr 2010, 11:09 pm

Recent Spin

Diabolic-Liar & A Thief
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Apr 2010, 11:18 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
smh... terry was supposed to slow down on the purchases.

I tried, but i have an addiction to hip hop.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 4:44 pm

Spins:

C-Bo's Mob Figaz
J. Dilla-Donuts
J. Dilla-Jay Stay Paid
J. Dilla-Ruff Draft
Guilty Simpson-Ode To The Ghetto
Black Milk-Tronic
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 10:36 pm

Had to re-order Oc & Ag "Oasis". Recieved my copy today in the mail but moviemars sent me the vinyl copy instead of the cd copy. I don't have anything to play the vinyl on so i was just going to ship it back but decided to keep it instead. Ordered the cd from another seller. Other purchases:

Geto Boys "The Foundation"
Tech N9ne "Absolute Power"
Scarface "The World Is Yours"
Cool Calm Pete "Lost"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 11:03 pm

Was it their mistake? Did they refund you?

My first trip to Hastings in a long time netted:

Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package
DJ Clay - Let Em Bleed Box set - 4 CDs for 15.99 - listened to 3 so far and enough songs I like to justify the purchase.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 1:17 am

Oh, N3R0, I'll take a link to that Diabolic if you still feel like sending it... I had to leave when you asked about it in the chatbox.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 12:16 pm

Recent Purchases:

Vakill-Darkest Cloud
Sage Francis-Li(f)e (pre-order)
Ganxta NIP-Psych Swag Da Horror Show
Point Blank-Bad Newz Travels Fast
Rapper K-Imma Finish It
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 12:18 pm

Good SPC purchases. I probably like Rapper K's Long Time Coming slightly over Imma Finish It - but both are dope IMO.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 1:41 pm

Just ordered:

Yu "Before Taxes"-alot of people have already heard the download version but i've never heard anything from it. Looking forward to it.

EuloRhythmics "Green St. & Avers"-Loved Extended Play, hopefully this one is good too.

And just purchased at FYE:

AOTP "The Unholy Terror"-Only on track 6 but like what i've heard.

Little Brother "Leftback"-Solid album, still haven't figured out why the 1 copy was on the shelf when it's set for a 4-20 release but i'm glad it was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 1:54 pm

My last purchase:

BLH - Dinner and a Movie
Chuck D "Action Figure"
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 2:28 pm

N3R0N0N Of 0nslaught3r wrote:
Recent Purchases:

Vakill-Darkest Cloud

Sage Francis-Li(f)e (pre-order)
Ganxta NIP-Psych Swag Da Horror Show
Point Blank-Bad Newz Travels Fast
Rapper K-Imma Finish It

About time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010, 1:40 am

Went on a west coast/bay area bender

In the mail:

Dre Dog - New Jim Jones, I Hate You With A Passion
Nickatina - Daiquiri Factory, Conversation With A Devil, Bullets, Blunts.., Horns & Halos
Hi-C - Skanless, Swing'n
AMG - Bitch Betta Have My Money, Ballin Outta Control (1 cent brand new)
Suga Free - Street Gospel
Mac Mall - Untouchable
Jacka - Tear Gas (if this is half as good as the jack artist i'll be happy)
Kokane - Funk Upon A Rhyme
Messy Marv - Turf Politics (never heard him)
San Quinn - The Hustle Continues
Little Bruce - XXX Classics (wanted to grab his first album but too expensive, this had nearly every track off it)
AP.9 - Reality Check
Mistah F.A.B. - Da Baydestrian (never heard him)

Also grabbed the new Wu Massacre, Mobb Deep - Free Agents and Screwball - Loyalty
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010, 1:52 am

I don't think you'll go wrong with almost any of those CDs you bought - Wu Massacre is dope, Free Agents is one of my favorite Mobb Deep albums, and I am a huge Screwball fan.

Out of the west coast joints, most of those are quality IMO. Kokane is dope, but an acquired taste to some. Da Baydestrian is my favorite album by FAB and one of my favorites period. The only one that will likely disappoint may be the Messy Marv, he can be dope, but he can also get lazy at times. Not sure how good Turf Politics may be.

I might look into that Little Bruce. His first got re-pressed and was decently priced for a second, but now is expensive.

Tear gas is dope, san quinn is dope, and reality check is dope. Post your thoughts on all those once you digest them.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010, 2:28 am

Damn Red you just broke bread, nice that rhymed. Skanless & Funk Upon A Rhyme are two of my all time favorites, but like SRP said that Kokane is either a love it or hate it kind of disc, but if you liked his vocals on the ATL's you'll get into it. Let me know how that Mess is, I haven't heard that one, and haven't heard that Quinn in a long ass time. All the others you got from the west are worth the money as well, nice bender.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010, 3:12 am

E. Taylor wrote:
Just ordered:

Yu "Before Taxes"-alot of people have already heard the download version but i've never heard anything from it. Looking forward to it.

EuloRhythmics "Green St. & Avers"-Loved Extended Play, hopefully this one is good too.

And just purchased at FYE:

AOTP "The Unholy Terror"-Only on track 6 but like what i've heard.

Little Brother "Leftback"-Solid album, still haven't figured out why the 1 copy was on the shelf when it's set for a 4-20 release but i'm glad it was.

Is that out already?!
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010, 4:00 am

Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010, 7:53 am

Norf, EuloRhythmics was released on Tuesday. Go order it!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010, 9:31 am

Purchases:

Murs & 9th Wonder-Fornever
Little Brother-Left Back
Too Short-You Nasty
Too Short-What's My Favorite Word
Too Short-Can't Stay Away
Too Short-Blow The Whistle
Too Short-Married To The Game
Too Short-Chase The Cat
Too Short-Get Off The Stage
Devin-The Dude
Devin The Dude-Just Tryin Ta Live
Devin The Dude-To The X-Treme
Devin The Dude-Hi-Life
Rappin 4 Tay-Off Parole
Rappin 4 Tay-Don't Stop The Feelin
Rappin 4 Tay-4 Tha Hardway
The Roots-Organix
Mr. Lif-I Phantom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010, 9:58 am

Romped, SRP, good to hear my money is well spent.

ATL - Uncle Sam's Curse is a fav of mine so i should dig the Kokane in the right mood. The reviews on amazon pretty much said what both of you said.

Screwball is dope, i don't know why i took so long to grab this one. Prob cos no premier or pete rock like the first. Y2K is damn near classic

If y'all have any more recs from those artists let me know. I will get back to you once i've given them all a decent listen
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr 2010, 12:05 pm

Purchases online - gonna take probly a week to get em:

Young Lay - Black n Dangerous
Ray Luv - Forever Hustlin

Spins:
Screwball - Y2K - sometimes i forget how dope this album is, still havent copped Loyalty either
Naughty by Nature
MC Eiht - We Come Strapped
Wu Tang Forever
Alchemist productions - tons of em
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr 2010, 12:12 pm

I've been spinning some Alchemist too.

Spins:
Alchemist "Chemical Warfare"
Little Brother "Leftback"-solid but i still say i expected more for a final album.
Yu "Before Taxes"-dope, carries on the momentum from "In The Ruff"
EuloRhythmics "Green St."-Dope, just what i was hoping for from these guys.
Oc & Ag "Oasis"-one of my favorites from 09.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 1:12 am

Purchases:

Rae/Ghost/Meth "Wu Massacre"
Little Brother "Leftback"
Freeway/Jake One "Stimulus Package"
Styles P & Green Lantern "The Green Ghost Project"
Dead Prez & Green Lantern "Pulse Of The People"
Statik Selektah "100 Proof (The Hangover)"

Spins:

Rae/Ghost/Meth "Wu Massacre" (x3)
Little Brother "The Minstrel Show"
Gang Starr "Daily Operation"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 11:24 am

Recent Purchases:

Brotha Lynch Hung-Season of Da Sickness ($12)
Loki-21 Gun Salute
Mr. Doctor-Setrippin Bloccstyle
Vakill-Worst Fears Confirmed (.99!!!)
Vakill-Kill Em All ($5)
Royce Da 5'9"-Rock City 2.0
Ras Kass-ADIDAS
Cognito-Automatic
Esham-Repentance
Esham-Judgement Day Vol 1 (.99!!!! OG version too, not the TVT re-release!!)
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 11:26 am

Mr. Doctor-Setrippin Bloccstyle- Damn, havent listened to this one in a minute

Brotha Lynch Hung-Season of Da Sickness- Never get tired of this one...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 2:19 pm

Recent Purchases:

Loki-21 Gun Salute
Vakill-Kill Em All ($5)
Ras Kass-ADIDAS
Cognito-Automatic
Esham-Repentance

when is ADIDAS supposed to drop? and will it be in stores?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 2:21 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Recent Purchases:

Loki-21 Gun Salute
Vakill-Kill Em All ($5)
Ras Kass-ADIDAS
Cognito-Automatic
Esham-Repentance

when is ADIDAS supposed to drop? and will it be in stores?

It drops late spring, and it will not be in stores. You may still be able to order it, but you should probably check ASAP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 11:38 pm

Nope, it's over.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 11:56 pm

Nope, it's over.

so i cant buy it?

that makes no sense
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010, 12:01 am

No, it makes perfect sense, the shit was up for MONTHS and I told everybody about it and reminded you all it was almost over. Then you complain (like I knew somebody would) that you can't buy it. SMFH.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010, 12:02 am

well, the concept was you funded the project and only those who funded it would get it. Originally there were to be 1000 copies pressed. But the 1000 copies were not spoken for. I don't know if that means less will be pressed or if he will sell them at shows or through other avenues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010, 12:05 am

He's said he may sell some on tour, but I'm sure there will be plenty of people selling their second copies on ebay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010, 12:07 am

well, if they didn't sell out on the site I doubt they will go for much on ebay.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010, 12:54 am

i dont know how i missed the part about not being able to receive the album if you dont fund it

i just assumed youd still be able to buy it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Apr 2010, 3:04 am

Well here are some of my recent purchases and spins:

Cypress Hill - Rise Up
Southern Saucy - Saucy World (Fort Worth, TX)
Pimp C presents XVII - Certified (Mississippi)
The Gator Main - Worldwide (Dallas, TX)
Black and Dangerous - Business 1st, Pleasure Later (Austin, TX)
Classified - Self Explanatory (Canada/Moosefuckanada)
Criminal Elament - Undaground Railroad (Houston, TX)

Bought and ordered a ton more, but these are the ones I've had a chance to spin so far.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Apr 2010, 3:09 am

"Classified - Self Explanatory (Canada/Moosefuckanada)"

I ordered that album two weeks ago on Amazon. Shit was cheap as fuck, a brand new copy for a penny plus $3 shipping. I fucking love Amazon...lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Apr 2010, 3:19 am

Victor Shade wrote:
"Classified - Self Explanatory (Canada/Moosefuckanada)"

I ordered that album two weeks ago on Amazon. Shit was cheap as fuck, a brand new copy for a penny plus $3 shipping. I fucking love Amazon...lol

Damn, and I thought I had gotten it cheap - mine was 3 bucks plus shipping...lol... but I will gladly pay that for a canadian import from a guy I know is money. Class ain't great in the rhyme department, but his production keeps the album banging.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Apr 2010, 3:22 am

Yeah, $3 is still an excellent find. I dig the album, production is dope. My first Class album, gotta wait and see if I can get his others on the cheap, dude has like 20 albums...smh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Apr 2010, 3:26 am

Yeah he has a ton of them and most are expensive - he's being doing it for years which is why his production is so dope. His lyrics are simple but honest so I dig it.

I only have this one, Hitchhiking Music, and Boycott In The Industry - the last two I got as promo copies Smile
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Apr 2010, 3:29 am

Classified is a solid rapper, but you'll run into the same things on his other releases. Dope beats...lyrics that aren't terrible, but aren't mind blowing either. His lyrics sit somewhere in that limbo in between...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Apr 2010, 3:36 am

Bushido Brown wrote:
Classified is a solid rapper, but you'll run into the same things on his other releases. Dope beats...lyrics that aren't terrible, but aren't mind blowing either. His lyrics sit somewhere in that limbo in between...

Indeed, the new one I like more partly because he has a lot of those triple beat songs/interludes on here and partly because it's a little conceptual in that he tried to do a "Choose your own adventure" type feel with the triple beat songs/interludes.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Apr 2010, 3:38 am

I might as well list my recent purchases:

The Cool Kids- Bake Sale (terrible...smh)
Slum Village- Trinity (Past, Present and Future) (solid album, Elzhi>>>>)
Ill Bill- What's Wrong With Bill? (I need more Ill Bill albums...smh)
Classified- Self Explanatory
Cage- Hell's Winter (special edition with instros...dope album, dark feel to it which I dig)
Arrested Development- Since the Last Time (15 cents for a like new on Amazon...what a deal)
Maxi Priest- Bonafide (not hip hop, but Maxi Priest is the shit! Close To You is a timeless joint.)
Non Phixion- The Future Is Now (I found an OG copy of this album at Best Buy. I'm still shocked...lol)
Chief Kamachi- The Clock Of Destiny (Dope, but I like the AOTP more. Some of the songs are boring)
Army of the Pharaohs- The Unholy Terror (Solid album, what I expected. My least favorite out of the three though, which just means this group is fucking dope considering the other two were dope as hell)
Fatal Lucciauno- The Only Forgotten Son (Seattle hip hop. Signed to the same label as D. Black. Decent album, a little disappointed. Maybe I was expecting a little too much. Hopefully it'll grow on me.)

Last edited by Victor Shade on Fri 23 Apr 2010, 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]   Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED] - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recent Purchases and Spins [NO PICTURES ALLOWED]
Page 12 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next