Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

100 Greastest Nominee Day 27

Go down 
+3
Laced With Slang
D.Powell
Norfeest
7 posters

Top 50, Top 100, or Neither?
Top 50
100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Vote_lcap16%100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Vote_rcap
 16% [ 3 ]
Top 100
100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Vote_lcap42%100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Vote_rcap
 42% [ 8 ]
Neither
100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Vote_lcap42%100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Vote_rcap
 42% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Empty
PostSubject: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2009, 6:42 am

Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2009, 9:26 am

Top 100 for me.

This is the guy, along with Quik and Short, that piqued my interest in West Coast artists. Sure, they were around before Spice, but there was something different about him...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2009, 10:00 am

I am somewhat familar with Spice's work and I also respect his status as a west coast legend but I still feel I don't have enough info to make a vote on this one so I'm going to pass on him
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2009, 12:01 pm

co-sign Powell
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2009, 1:02 pm

top 100

west coast rider
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2009, 1:04 pm

Well I was the only one to vote top 50 but that ws subjectively due to his top 15 status with me. But realistically he is more top 100 on the strength of his lyricism, 3 west coast/gangsta rap classics in a row and originality flow and style wise. I'm really surprised this forum is showing Spiggety 1 this luv.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2009, 1:10 pm

Why wouldn't they?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2009, 1:14 pm

Top 100 for me - but like redman closer to to top 50
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2009, 1:20 pm

He's top 100 for me. All of his Jive releases are solid, and his first 3 are 4.5 stars or better.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2009, 7:39 pm

Top 50 for me. The guy dropped 3 classics in a row, and like 7 albums straight that were over 4 stars, IMO
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeSun 17 May 2009, 6:52 am

Top 50. Immortalized is an overlooked gem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeSun 17 May 2009, 9:08 am

I want to know who's voting Neither and why?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 9:04 am

Looks like the voting is over, but I'll comment anyway....

I'd say top 100. Everything I've heard and own from Spice 1 is solid. "187 He Wrote" gets the most steady spins out of his whole catalog though. "AmeriKKKa's Nightmare" & his debut are close up there too. He doesn't get to close to top 50 personally though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 10:08 am

I don't own any of Spice's catalogue but I've heard enough material to know dude deserves top 100. My buddy has bumped Amerikkka'z Nightmare until it was scratched to pieces and when Spice has the right production, he's on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 10:23 am

These cats voting neither no one will say why, where you at?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 10:57 am

some people are scared...i always own my vote.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 12:28 pm

Lord Emperor N3R0N0N wrote:
I don't own any of Spice's catalogue but I've heard enough material to know dude deserves top 100. My buddy has bumped Amerikkka'z Nightmare until it was scratched to pieces and when Spice has the right production, he's on.

Man, this voting is getting mad confusing to me.

I mean, there is only 100 slots, and you're putting an artist in which you own nothing from in your top 100? Is Spice 1 really in your PERSONAL top 100, Jeff? I mean, you listen to a lot of hip-hop, and it seems like a top 100 would be very easy to fill for you. I'm not saying you "don't like Spice 1", I'm just wondering...

I also wonder if these polls should be about our personal opinions as well. It would seem like a boring top 50/100 if everyone just trying to be 100% objective about the history of hip-hop.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 12:29 pm

Minnesota Hip-Hop Fiend wrote:
Lord Emperor N3R0N0N wrote:

Man, this voting is getting mad confusing to me.

I mean, there is only 100 slots, and you're putting an artist in which you own nothing from in your top 100? Is Spice 1 really in your PERSONAL top 100, Jeff? I mean, you listen to a lot of hip-hop, and it seems like a top 100 would be very easy to fill for you. I'm not saying you "don't like Spice 1", I'm just wondering...

I also wonder if these polls should be about our personal opinions as well. It would seem like a boring top 50/100 if everyone just trying to be 100% objective about the history of hip-hop.

I have given my personal opinion everytime, but i'm not sure how everyone else is voting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 12:36 pm

I'm doing a combo with my voting it depends on the artist. Some I vote objectively and some my bias kicks in so it depends.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 12:53 pm

So Kev,

How long does the voting stay open? Could you possibly extend it a day? I never post on weekends and it seems the one you post on Saturdays expires by time I see it on Monday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 3:37 pm

I try to keep the post alive for 2 days especially on the weekend due to that reason. On Sat. I will start keeping that one open 3 days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 3:41 pm

Cool. Spice 1 would have got my vote for top 100. Looks pretty close, but he still made it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 6:08 pm

Spice 1 is like 90's-100. Yeah, he's in my objective top 100. Personal? Probably not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 7:15 pm

KRob86 wrote:
I want to know who's voting Neither and why?

Honestly I voted neither on Spice 1. I do feel that he's talented, but other than being a good lyricist he doesn't have any of the other criteria to warrant a Top 100 slot in my opinion. He hasn't really blown up anywhere except the West Coast. Unless you watched Rap City frequently during the mid 90's or read The Source, you probably didn't know about Spice.

Impact to me means a lot when I vote. Spice wasn't universal, he was local and that's why I couldn't vote for him.

If this were Top 100 lyricists of all time, I probably would have voted for him, but this is Top 100 rap acts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 7:18 pm

Spice 1 was not local...

he was in The Source, Video on TV, sold gold - how is that local? Just admit you don't bump him, own any of his CDs, and let it stand at that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 7:27 pm

Thanks for coming clean KJ but the man was far from local if thats the case there are other cats that got voted in the top 100 that fit that bill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 7:30 pm

RoyceJustShootsNines wrote:
Spice 1 was not local...

he was in The Source, Video on TV, sold gold - how is that local? Just admit you don't bump him, own any of his CDs, and let it stand at that.

I have bumped him before and I like his stuff. I just mentioned the Source and Rap City but EVERY MC was featured on those two back in the days. Selling Gold means nothing. MOP's gone gold and they're local too. I bump them as well and I wouldn't vote for them in the Top 100 either for the same reasons I stated above.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 7:32 pm

I don't think he meant local in the truest sense of the word. I think he meant most of his love came from the west. Even though he was universally known. Either way, i don't agree, but he 's entitled to his opinion. What i don't understand is that he was pissed about Salt N Pepa, but he's ok voting neither. Spice 1 arguably has more classics than SNP. He is far more lyrical too. Seems to me that Spice 1 is being penalized because he has something dangling between his legs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 7:33 pm

how is MOP local? MOP was hurt only by their lack of albums IMO but I would not call them local - I think we have different definitions of local.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 7:42 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Spice 1 arguably has more classics than SNP. He is far more lyrical too. Seems to me that Spice 1 is being penalized because he has something dangling between his legs.

First of all Terry, Spice doesn't have A FRACTION of the hits than SNP has! Push It is mentioned frequently as one of the best songs of all time, I've never seen it ranked less than 20th out of 100 or so, and usually in the Top 10. They also have Shoop, Shake Your Thang, Tramp, Everybody Get Up, Let's Talk About Sex, and Whatta Man among others.

SNP is also the most successful female act in history and one of the most successful acts in hip-hop history PERIOD! Selling over 15 million albums worldwide. Spice 1 never sold more than gold. If you ask most more than casual rap fans about Spice 1, I'd say at least half of them or better aren't gonna know much about him, but EVERYONE knows about SNP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_N_Pepa

As for your second statement, it's clear that you hate female rappers just like SS and many others on this forum do, so I ain't even tryin to hear that bullshit.

Seriously though, is lyricism the ONLY THING people are looking at when they vote? If so, then how the funk can you bitch about Too Short not making it? Dude was clearly a piss poor lyricist!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 7:50 pm

U mad!!!!

Spice 1 was and is more talented as a lyricist. He made hip-hop hits. WHO GIVES A funk IF YOUR TEENAGE POP BOPPER HAS HEARD OF HIM?

I thought this was who the top 100 was according to us?

Last time I checked all this outside bullshit didn't influence my tastes.

SNP had great producers that helped them create some catchy pop numbers - it has been said before - that is a stupid reason to vote them in.

I think Terry is right on this one - I voted them in because I like them - I think the bulk seem to be voting them in because of what they accomplished as females and that my friend is an insult to them as artists.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 7:51 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Spice 1 arguably has more classics than SNP. He is far more lyrical too. Seems to me that Spice 1 is being penalized because he has something dangling between his legs.

First of all Terry, Spice doesn't have A FRACTION of the hits than SNP has! Push It is mentioned frequently as one of the best songs of all time, I've never seen it ranked less than 20th out of 100 or so, and usually in the Top 10. They also have Shoop, Shake Your Thang, Tramp, Everybody Get Up, Let's Talk About Sex, and Whatta Man among others.

SNP is also the most successful female act in history, Spice 1 never sold more than gold. If you ask most more than casual rap fans about Spice 1, I'd say at least half of them or better aren't gonna know much about Spice 1, but EVERYONE knows about SNP.

As for your second statement, it's clear that you hate female rappers just like SS and many others on this forum do, so I ain't even tryin to hear that bullshit.

Seriously though, is lyricism the ONLY THING people are looking at when they vote? If so, then how the funk can you bitch about Too Short not making it? Dude was clearly a piss poor lyricist!

So what you're telling me is that radio frindly singles equal greatness? They are one of the smallest factors i consider. Has it ever occured to you that Spice 1's music wasn't really geared towards commercial/radio success. I don't hate female MC's, but i don't view them equally to men. Everyone knows about Hammer too. He's had tons of hits. He puts on a great show with dancing. Other than the novelty of a vagina, is there really a huge difference? Just for the record, you might want to review how i voted for SNP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 8:10 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

SNP is also the most successful female act in history, Spice 1 never sold more than gold. If you ask most more than casual rap fans about Spice 1, I'd say at least half of them or better aren't gonna know much about Spice 1, but EVERYONE knows about SNP.

So what you're telling me is that radio frindly singles equal greatness? They are one of the smallest factors i consider. Has it ever occured to you that Spice 1's music wasn't really geared towards commercial/radio success. I don't hate female MC's, but i don't view them equally to men. Everyone knows about Hammer too. He's had tons of hits. He puts on a great show with dancing. Other than the novelty of a vagina, is there really a huge difference? Just for the record, you might want to review how i voted for SNP.

What I'm telling you is that Salt N Pepa were both talented and entertaining, and they had the commercial success to back it up. SNP may not have been the greatest female MC's ever, but they weren't wack either.

That whole "I don't hate female MC's but I don't view them equally to men" combined with all the dick and pussy references is very condesending and contradictory. You can't compare SNP to Hammer because everyone save for the pop boppers considered Hammer a joke. SNP was and still is very respected by the Rap community.

I don't dislike Spice 1, in fact I dig his stuff but for me it takes more than being a good lyricist to warrant a spot on this list. You gotta have mass appeal and he lacked that. As I said above, if you ask most more-than-casual rap fans about Spice 1, I'd be willing to bet that half of them or better wouldn't know about him. I understand that his stuff wasn't geared towards commercial success, but like one of the Outlawz said on Pac's Makaveli album "If you ain't in the rap game for the motherfuckin cash man, then what is your motherfuckin purpose??"

Basically, what I'm sayin is that if I have to think about whether or not someone belongs on this list, then more times than not I'd vote neither. People like Nas, Biggie, Jay Z, ATCQ, Gangstarr, Ice T, MC Lyte, UGK were no brainers for me. Spice 1 was a fringe artist for me. I feel the same way when it comes to Hall Of Fame nominees in sports.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 8:19 pm

Rakim would not belong for the exact same reasons as Spice 1.

Neither would UGK.

Neither would Gangstarr.

Spice 1 has more gold records than UGK and Gangstarr.

He has the same as Rakim.

Matter of fact, a reggae guy named Rakim has sold more than the real Rakim.

Paid in Full is his only platinum album and it went platinum a full 8 years after it dropped.

These are all regional, local, fringe artists by his definition.

Point blank, that is a very very very weak excuse for not voting Spice 1 top 100.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 8:31 pm

SRP, that's complete and total BULLSHIT!!!

First of all, you cannot compare Spice 1 to Rakim.

Rakim is a PIONEER who is UNIVERSALLY respected by the masses and recognized as one of the most influential MC's of all time and in my opinion THE most influential. Rakim changed the rap game. Rakim has TONS of classic hits. Rakim is known EVERYWHERE! East, West, North, South, and WORLDWIDE! Therefore, Rakim IS NOT local.

As for record sales. He trumps Spice 1. He might have had only one platinum album but he made more noise with that album than Spice has in his entire career. Just as UGK made more noise with Ridin Dirty and Gangstarr has with basically any of their releases (except maybe No More Mr Nice Guy). Even Rakim's Don't Sweat The Technique is more well known than any of Spice's albums.

For the last time, I'm not hatin on Spice. I actually dig him, I just think that there are artists more deserving of spots for the reasons I've been stating, and SNP is one of those artists.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 8:34 pm

So you take into account what casual rap fans think? That's kinda lame. Don't ya think? Casual rap fans know Lil Wayne and Hammer just as much as they'd know Salt N Pepa. Just quit trying to ratioanlize your picks like you have some great measuring stick. Just admit that you simply like listening to SNP more than spice 1, and move on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 8:36 pm

You have nothing to back up your theory...

I would bet money that just as many casual rap fans will know Spice 1 as they will know Rakim. Where are all these universally respected fans at when rakim when he drops an album?

Because last I checked he sells the same as Spice 1 - a local artist.

Spice 1 is a pioneer as well.

And he sold tons more records than gangstarr and UGK in his career.

He brought funky lyricism to the west coast and influenced a generation.

You can throw as many accolades the way of Rakim as you want but at the end of the day you have nothing to back it up other than your false belief that everyone knows who rakim is. They don't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 8:40 pm

If you read my post Terry, I said MORE THAN CASUAL!!!

How much I bump somebody has NOTHING to do with it.

I bump Nice and Smooth more than SNP, and I don't think they are Top 100 either based on the same criteria.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 8:41 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

I bump Nice and Smooth more than SNP, and I don't think they are Top 100 either based on the same criteria.

How'd you like the remix man?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 8:43 pm

RoyceJustShootsNines wrote:

You can throw as many accolades the way of Rakim as you want but at the end of the day you have nothing to back it up other than your false belief that everyone knows who rakim is. They don't.

There's not a single hip-hop fan over the age of 21 that doesn't know who Rakim is UNLESS they're a damn pop-bopper!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 8:46 pm

Same can be said about Spice 1, KJ.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 8:47 pm

Steve wrote:
Same can be said about Spice 1, KJ.

Maybe so, but more know Rakim than Spice.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 8:48 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

That's what i thought you said, but i wanted you to confirm it. So what you are telling me is that Casual fans don't know him because he's loca and lacks commercial success, and more than casual fans don't know him either? Yet he made the top 100 and SNP did not. Yet many heads recognize that he's released more classics than SNP. Are you confusing yourself man?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 8:54 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

That's what i thought you said, but i wanted you to confirm it. So what you are telling me is that Casual fans don't know him because he's loca and lacks commercial success, and more than casual fans don't know him either? Yet he made the top 100 and SNP did not. Yet many heads recognize that he's released more classics than SNP. Are you confusing yourself man?

SNP didn't make it because most people on this forum dislike female rappers, there's no other explaination for that bullshit!

If by "many heads" you mean this forum, then that's only a handful of people. If you took a worldwide poll, SNP would make the list EASILY.

Anyways, I'm done discussing this. Bout to go drink a Heineken and watch Monday Night Raw.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 8:55 pm

Anyways, I'm done discussing this. Bout to go drink a Heineken and watch Monday Night Raw.[/quote]

Lol wrestling... I'll ask again, how'd you like the remix man?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 8:57 pm

Esco wrote:
Anyways, I'm done discussing this. Bout to go drink a Heineken and watch Monday Night Raw.

Lol wrestling... I'll ask again, how'd you like the remix man?[/quote]

Oh yeah, I love that Youngstas song. Been looking for it for years but couldn't find it. Thanks for sending it to me, I GREATLY appreciate it! Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 9:00 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Esco wrote:

Lol wrestling... I'll ask again, how'd you like the remix man?

Oh yeah, I love that Youngstas song. Been looking for it for years but couldn't find it. Thanks for sending it to me, I GREATLY appreciate it! Big Grin[/quote]

No problem man, oh I happened to go into Goodwill looking for some speakers which I didn't find but ended up finding Da Youngsta's "No Mercy" in perfect condition for $2.49, what are the odd, especially in the area I live lol.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 9:02 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

SNP didn't make it because most people on this forum dislike female rappers, there's no other explaination for that bullshit!

If by "many heads" you mean this forum, then that's only a handful of people. If you took a worldwide poll, SNP would make the list EASILY.

I think you over estimate your opinion and the opinions of others my friend. Votes don't lie.

Please tune in tomorrow at the same time and place, and I'll own you again. Good night and Good luck
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 9:14 pm

Yeah KJ you gotta know the ledge when discussing Spice 1 history. The man was well known to any rap fan during his 3-4 year run. Remember the major single that accompanied Straight Up Menace from Meance II Soceity Soundtrk came from Spice right? Remember in Tales From The Hood Spice song got played in it's entirety during a scene in the movie? These were major motion pictures and they chose SPice as a headliner? Does'nt that tell you something. And for Spice to go gold during the early 90's with all that talent and comp is nothing to downplay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 27   100 Greastest Nominee Day 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

100 Greastest Nominee Day 27
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: