Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not surprised - MURS got dropped

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Not surprised - MURS got dropped Empty
PostSubject: Not surprised - MURS got dropped   Not surprised - MURS got dropped Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009, 5:04 pm

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.9788/title.murs-possibly-dropped-from-label

Thoughts? Why do they sign the worst indie rappers to major deals...?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Not surprised - MURS got dropped   Not surprised - MURS got dropped Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009, 8:05 pm

Somehow Murs will be fine anyway.

They should've signed him and 9th together. Those albums are the ones the radio would love.

I hate to say it, but that stupid fuckin hair ruined any demograph he could've found over TV.

I only liked Beginning/End 3MGs.

Felt's alright but kinda gay, and 9th really only bangs on 3 or 4 tracks an album (ever).

Murs 4 Pres was fucking terrible.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Not surprised - MURS got dropped   Not surprised - MURS got dropped Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009, 8:40 pm

Kid Joe wrote:

I liked it more than all the records with 9th. I still think so...4.5 stars from me.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Not surprised - MURS got dropped   Not surprised - MURS got dropped Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009, 9:01 pm

Kid Joe wrote:

I hate to say it, but that stupid fuckin hair ruined any demograph he could've found over TV.

theres been just as many weird things rappers have worn/done and still found success. Slick's Patch, Ghost's Golden Eagle and oversized Medallion, Eminem's bleach blonde hair....im just sayin sometimes stupid things can work in their favor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not surprised - MURS got dropped   Not surprised - MURS got dropped Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009, 9:35 pm

Does Slick Rick just wear that for fun>

And Em and Ghost were already sort of famous....

Murs was a new new guy and his hair was not a good look - he got plenty of MTV shine though...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Not surprised - MURS got dropped   Not surprised - MURS got dropped Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009, 9:49 pm

The Real Real Jeru wrote:
Does Slick Rick just wear that for fun>

And Em and Ghost were already sort of famous....

Murs was a new new guy and his hair was not a good look - he got plenty of MTV shine though...

true about Em and Ghost but still...and i think Rick may be blind in that eye from an accident BUT most people wouldnt know that, general households would probably just be like who's the pirate lookin motherfucker
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not surprised - MURS got dropped   Not surprised - MURS got dropped Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009, 9:50 pm

slick rick rocked the patch after stardom
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Not surprised - MURS got dropped   Not surprised - MURS got dropped Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009, 9:55 pm

he had it on his debut though....right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not surprised - MURS got dropped   Not surprised - MURS got dropped Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009, 10:14 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
he had it on his debut though....right?

He really does have a fucked up eye, so what Steve said is BS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not surprised - MURS got dropped   Not surprised - MURS got dropped Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009, 10:17 pm

i meant before, i.e. he didnt need it for a gimick.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Not surprised - MURS got dropped   Not surprised - MURS got dropped Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2009, 8:18 am

I don't think Murs is terrible by any means. He is what he is and you either like him or you don't. He really probably never had a chance anyway. Most underground artists would probably have the same fate. The kids that buy the majority of the albums don't and probably never will understand real hip hop. Souljah Boy is not better than Murs, not even close, but i'll bet he has no problem sticking with his label right now.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Not surprised - MURS got dropped   Not surprised - MURS got dropped Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2009, 12:09 pm

Kid Joe wrote:

They should've signed him and 9th together. Those albums are the ones the radio would love.

Felt's alright but kinda gay, and 9th really only bangs on 3 or 4 tracks an album (ever).

Co-sign all of the above...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Not surprised - MURS got dropped   Not surprised - MURS got dropped Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2009, 1:40 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

Co-sign all of the above...

I remember you said you dug the Murs For President when it dropped, Norf...noting that you liked the production and the fact it was refreshing not to hear so much 9th Wonder on there. What happened? lol

Whatever though. I still dig Murs For President since it dropped. Bumped it a few weeks ago and still sounds fresh. Sounds quite a bit more inspired than the records with 9th IMO. I still say it's got the best standout cuts of his career on there.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Not surprised - MURS got dropped   Not surprised - MURS got dropped Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2009, 2:24 pm

Alan wrote:
I remember you said you dug the Murs For President when it dropped, Norf...noting that you liked the production and the fact it was refreshing not to hear so much 9th Wonder on there. What happened? lol

Whatever though. I still dig Murs For President since it dropped. Bumped it a few weeks ago and still sounds fresh. Sounds quite a bit more inspired than the records with 9th IMO. I still say it's got the best standout cuts of his career on there.

Honestly, that album only lasted about 4 or 5 spins before it got old. I find that his material seriously lacks replay value. His flow ranges from so-so to nonexistent. I think you hit me with like two early albums from him. When I do listen to his solo material (rare), I tend to reach for those. Everything else (9th Collabos included) are pretty forgettable to me with the exception of 3:16...Murs' best output to date, IMHO. I understand his "everyman" steez, I just don't feel it. More often than not, I just don't connect to it.

I should revise my post, though, because I do dig the 2nd Felt album.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not surprised - MURS got dropped   Not surprised - MURS got dropped Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not surprised - MURS got dropped
Page 1 of 1