Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why Run-DMC is the most influential group of all time

Go down 
+3
D.Powell
parker lewis
T. Myers
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Why Run-DMC is the most influential group of all time - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Run-DMC is the most influential group of all time   Why Run-DMC is the most influential group of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep 2009, 9:53 pm

T. Myers wrote:
To answer your question, NWA and Public Enemy are both more influential. End of story. Try to discredit those two groups. I dare you.[/quote]

Shaking My Head

Cosign Powell & KJ on this one. Run-DMC is definitely the most important & influential hip-hop group of all time IMO. I mean, you wouldn't know PE if it weren't for Run-DMC.
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Why Run-DMC is the most influential group of all time   Why Run-DMC is the most influential group of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep 2009, 9:59 pm

Do you think "Raising Hell" was the album that kicked off the golden age?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Run-DMC is the most influential group of all time   Why Run-DMC is the most influential group of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep 2009, 10:02 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
2Pac's Ghost wrote:
nah answer the question. because you know you have NO answer your corny bastard.

I have an answer Pac but I want you to continue to SHINE man...that's what's important here..you just SHINING...like the sun man..lol

say your answer man answering like that is like a someone saying something is right then asking "Why?" and the only response is "because..."

Umm Slang I've already answered Tupac like 50x, but he's does not seem to listen just like you I guess

Run-D.M.C. is the most important and influential hip-hop group EVER, that's my answer man.....I'll say it till I'm dead

not sure what part you don't understand nor Tupac for that matter but that's my FINAL answer take it or leave it!

EXACTLY! And those who aren't seeing it obviously didn't the article from Run-DMC's Wiki page. All that displays just how influential they are.

Hip-Hop existed before them, but if it weren't for them then hip-hop would have become just another passing fad.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Why Run-DMC is the most influential group of all time   Why Run-DMC is the most influential group of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep 2009, 10:03 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
http://www.shoutmouth.com/index.php/news/25_Most_Influential_Rappers_of_All_Time
http://www.borntoredefine.com/15-most-influential-musicians/
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090622111816AA0cJyT

NOBODY thinks Run DMC is the most influential ever, because they aren't, except to two middle aged clowns who think that some shit they heard when they were baby baby bubbas is the most influential.

The first is only solo rappers (on some BS site), the second combines all genres, and the last is a fucking yahoo question and answer page. And you are dumb enough to claim "nobody" (in all caps no less) thinks they are the most influential? At least try to support your claim.

Last edited by Alan on Tue 22 Sep 2009, 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Why Run-DMC is the most influential group of all time   Why Run-DMC is the most influential group of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep 2009, 10:05 pm

Zoltar wrote:

Yes, I do think that, whether or not it's true, I don't know.

Last edited by Alan on Tue 22 Sep 2009, 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Run-DMC is the most influential group of all time   Why Run-DMC is the most influential group of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep 2009, 10:06 pm

Zoltar wrote:

Absolutely! Raising Hell is considered rap's first true masterpiece, and "Walk This Way" is the song responsible for turning hip-hop into a global phenomenon. After that song was made, hip-hop was officially considered a mainstream music genre.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Run-DMC is the most influential group of all time   Why Run-DMC is the most influential group of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009, 5:15 am

Alan wrote:
Zoltar wrote:

Yes, I do think that, whether or not it's true, I don't know.

hey doughboy, you've been listening to rap for 5 years, and couldn't step foor within 5 miles of any hood, so how do you know what is more influential? if only chubby chasers like kj and basement dwellers like you think RUN-DMC think they are the most influential that really describes the extent of their influence eh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Run-DMC is the most influential group of all time   Why Run-DMC is the most influential group of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009, 10:02 am

KJ Styles wrote:
Zoltar wrote:

Absolutely! Raising Hell is considered rap's first true masterpiece, and "Walk This Way" is the song responsible for turning hip-hop into a global phenomenon. After that song was made, hip-hop was officially considered a mainstream music genre.

I don't agree with that I just think it was one of raps most popular albums for a thin market at the time.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Why Run-DMC is the most influential group of all time   Why Run-DMC is the most influential group of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009, 1:01 pm

the market was hardly thin then Kev, the hip-hop market was EXPLODING with original ideas, beats, lyrics, groups, and concepts man

but I don't think the "Golden Age" started with Raising Hell, I actually think it began with their debut album Run-D.M.C (1984)

that was always known as the first completely hip-hop album that just changed the way hip-hop and hip-hop albums in general were viewed, so that one is my pick for the unofficial start of those two "Golden Ages"..that's the one that began a run of dopeness that will NEVER be matched ever again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Run-DMC is the most influential group of all time   Why Run-DMC is the most influential group of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009, 5:12 pm

About.com calls Wu the best rap group of all time, but also said that Run-DMC is the most influential group of all time and ranked them the second best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Run-DMC is the most influential group of all time   Why Run-DMC is the most influential group of all time - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Run-DMC is the most influential group of all time
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2