Hip-Hop 4 Life
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is better?
Wu-Tang
80%
 80% [ 16 ]
Run DMC
20%
 20% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20
 

AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 5:12 pm

Who is better?


I don't care how you vote as long as you explain your process and the reasons behind it.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 5:13 pm

wu-tang easily.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 5:14 pm

Big Ups to Kool John for giving Beavis an idea **KJ pats himself on the back**
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 5:15 pm

another DUMB thread by SRP following in the vain of Steven's DUMB ASS Tupac thread last week...


Wu-Tang wins this easily in terms of talent and dope records
Run-D.M.C. wins in terms of importance and influence
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 5:17 pm

So Wu-Tang wins for you.

OK - so now you admit that the highest RUN DMC could be ranked would be #2

we'll keep doing this til we ascertain where Run DMC should have landed on our list...
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 5:18 pm

lol, wutang influenced waaaaaaaaaaaaay more shit both rapper and industry change-wise.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 5:18 pm

well, here's the problem. If we are strictly going off of Wu group albums, this is going to be close, but if we include Wu Tang Clan as a brand, then it's a blowout. either way, i gonna go with the Clan

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
avatar

Posts : 2232
Join date : 2009-05-26
Age : 40
Location : Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 5:19 pm

Wu
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 5:20 pm

Wu-Tang....

They changed the music industry forever. 9 MC's brought together as a group and marketed as a group with unbelievable chemistry and one of the most original innovative debuts in music history. At a time where posse cuts were semi-uncommon, they created an entire album consisting of mostly all posse cuts. Not to mention all the MC's were talented, had unique voices, and all went by multiple names and each developed a certain character about them.

The way Rza marketed them changed the music business forever. By signing the group to one label, and getting the individual members to sign separate deals with other labels but still able to record with Wu was groundbreaking. It ranks among one of the best business decisions in hip hop history. Also, they spawned an entire movement with the Wu-Tang Killa Bees where their logo showed up on all of their projects making the Wu logo an internationally recognized entity.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 5:25 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Wu-Tang....

They changed the music industry forever. 9 MC's brought together as a group and marketed as a group with unbelievable chemistry and one of the most original innovative debuts in music history. At a time where posse cuts were semi-uncommon, they created an entire album consisting of mostly all posse cuts. Not to mention all the MC's were talented, had unique voices, and all went by multiple names and each developed a certain character about them.

The way Rza marketed them changed the music business forever. By signing the group to one label, and getting the individual members to sign separate deals with other labels but still able to record with Wu was groundbreaking. It ranks among one of the best business decisions in hip hop history. Also, they spawned an entire movement with the Wu-Tang Killa Bees where their logo showed up on all of their projects making the Wu logo an internationally recognized entity.

No offense Slang, but that's a stupid fucking fanboy response. Run DMC didn't change the game? They're better cause they made posse cuts? They're better cause they had different voices? They're better cause they used multiple names? They're unique deal makes them better?

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 5:26 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Wu-Tang....

They changed the music industry forever. 9 MC's brought together as a group and marketed as a group with unbelievable chemistry and one of the most original innovative debuts in music history. At a time where posse cuts were semi-uncommon, they created an entire album consisting of mostly all posse cuts. Not to mention all the MC's were talented, had unique voices, and all went by multiple names and each developed a certain character about them.

The way Rza marketed them changed the music business forever. By signing the group to one label, and getting the individual members to sign separate deals with other labels but still able to record with Wu was groundbreaking. It ranks among one of the best business decisions in hip hop history. Also, they spawned an entire movement with the Wu-Tang Killa Bees where their logo showed up on all of their projects making the Wu logo an internationally recognized entity.

No offense Slang, but that's a stupid fucking fanboy response. Run DMC didn't change the game? They're better cause they made posse cuts? They're better cause they had different voices? They're better cause they used multiple names? They're unique deal makes them better?

thats not why there better, thats why there more influential. Run DMC came first, but Wu changed the entire way to approach the industry from a business standpoint


Last edited by Slang Editorial on Mon 21 Sep 2009, 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 5:26 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Wu-Tang....

They changed the music industry forever. 9 MC's brought together as a group and marketed as a group with unbelievable chemistry and one of the most original innovative debuts in music history. At a time where posse cuts were semi-uncommon, they created an entire album consisting of mostly all posse cuts. Not to mention all the MC's were talented, had unique voices, and all went by multiple names and each developed a certain character about them.

The way Rza marketed them changed the music business forever. By signing the group to one label, and getting the individual members to sign separate deals with other labels but still able to record with Wu was groundbreaking. It ranks among one of the best business decisions in hip hop history. Also, they spawned an entire movement with the Wu-Tang Killa Bees where their logo showed up on all of their projects making the Wu logo an internationally recognized entity.

LMAOOOOOOO! I love ya Slang..and you love Wu-Tang..it's obvious... I do too man so don't feel bad man
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 5:30 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Wu-Tang....

They changed the music industry forever. 9 MC's brought together as a group and marketed as a group with unbelievable chemistry and one of the most original innovative debuts in music history. At a time where posse cuts were semi-uncommon, they created an entire album consisting of mostly all posse cuts. Not to mention all the MC's were talented, had unique voices, and all went by multiple names and each developed a certain character about them.

The way Rza marketed them changed the music business forever. By signing the group to one label, and getting the individual members to sign separate deals with other labels but still able to record with Wu was groundbreaking. It ranks among one of the best business decisions in hip hop history. Also, they spawned an entire movement with the Wu-Tang Killa Bees where their logo showed up on all of their projects making the Wu logo an internationally recognized entity.

No offense Slang, but that's a stupid fucking fanboy response. Run DMC didn't change the game? They're better cause they made posse cuts? They're better cause they had different voices? They're better cause they used multiple names? They're unique deal makes them better?

thats not why there better, thats why there more influential. Run DMC came first, but Wu changed the entire way to approach the industry from a business standpoint

That wasn't the topic at hand Slang, but i do agree that makes them more influential.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 5:34 pm

D.Powell wrote:
another DUMB thread by SRP following in the vain of Steven's DUMB ASS Tupac thread last week...


Wu-Tang wins this easily in terms of talent and dope records
Run-D.M.C. wins in terms of importance and influence

Yep, Beavis and Butthead are at it again.

I agree that Wu is more talented, but Run DMC is easily more influential.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 5:35 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
lol, wutang influenced waaaaaaaaaaaaay more shit both rapper and industry change-wise.

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 5:37 pm

Funny thing is... KJ and Powell never sit there and talk about how they were bumping RUN DMC the other day... in fact I've never met a RUN DMC fan boy...not like I met fans of all those other groups on the list... crazy... where are all these fans if this group is sooooo influential?

Let's face it, other than claims that the group was the first and made dope music FOR ITS TIME - there is very little in influence as far as making an impression on the game.

Musically it is close because as a group I might even concede that RUN DMC may have more classics, but even so - Wu-Tang's highs are on a completely different level.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 5:37 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Wu-Tang....

They changed the music industry forever. 9 MC's brought together as a group and marketed as a group with unbelievable chemistry and one of the most original innovative debuts in music history. At a time where posse cuts were semi-uncommon, they created an entire album consisting of mostly all posse cuts. Not to mention all the MC's were talented, had unique voices, and all went by multiple names and each developed a certain character about them.

The way Rza marketed them changed the music business forever. By signing the group to one label, and getting the individual members to sign separate deals with other labels but still able to record with Wu was groundbreaking. It ranks among one of the best business decisions in hip hop history. Also, they spawned an entire movement with the Wu-Tang Killa Bees where their logo showed up on all of their projects making the Wu logo an internationally recognized entity.

No offense Slang, but that's a stupid fucking fanboy response. Run DMC didn't change the game? They're better cause they made posse cuts? They're better cause they had different voices? They're better cause they used multiple names? They're unique deal makes them better?

thats not why there better, thats why there more influential. Run DMC came first, but Wu changed the entire way to approach the industry from a business standpoint

That wasn't the topic at hand Slang, but i do agree that makes them more influential.

i probably should have posted that in the other thread.

But i also think they are better. Run DMC has classics of course, but talent wise the Wu MC's have them beats and do i even have to mention Rza
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 5:38 pm

The Real Real Jeru wrote:
Wu-Tang's highs are on a completely different level.

CO SIGN
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 5:43 pm

I agree Slang, their talent blows them out of the water. I'm not sure Run or DMC is better than any of the original 9 members.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 5:53 pm

The Real Real Jeru wrote:
Funny thing is... KJ and Powell never sit there and talk about how they were bumping RUN DMC the other day... in fact I've never met a RUN DMC fan boy...not like I met fans of all those other groups on the list... crazy... where are all these fans if this group is sooooo influential?

Let's face it, other than claims that the group was the first and made dope music FOR ITS TIME - there is very little in influence as far as making an impression on the game.

Musically it is close because as a group I might even concede that RUN DMC may have more classics, but even so - Wu-Tang's highs are on a completely different level.

The words of a TEXAN whose 26 years old and loves Nickatina...are you really going to put any stock into anything he says??? he grew up when Bow Wow was hot and has lived underneath a sticker bush his entire life with limited access to TV's, phones or other modern things that we take for granted..lol SRP shut up man!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 5:54 pm

Run DMC wishes they had the career Wu-Tang had.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 5:58 pm

D.Powell wrote:
The Real Real Jeru wrote:
Funny thing is... KJ and Powell never sit there and talk about how they were bumping RUN DMC the other day... in fact I've never met a RUN DMC fan boy...not like I met fans of all those other groups on the list... crazy... where are all these fans if this group is sooooo influential?

Let's face it, other than claims that the group was the first and made dope music FOR ITS TIME - there is very little in influence as far as making an impression on the game.

Musically it is close because as a group I might even concede that RUN DMC may have more classics, but even so - Wu-Tang's highs are on a completely different level.

The words of a TEXAN whose 26 years old and loves Nickatina...are you really going to put any stock into anything he says??? he grew up when Bow Wow was hot and has lived underneath a sticker bush his entire life with limited access to TV's, phones or other modern things that we take for granted..lol SRP shut up man!

and the words of a 39 year old New Yorker don't ooze bias? I put stock in the opinions of an entire forum from different backgrounds, skin color, location, and age as opposed to taking the word of a 39 year old New Yorker. Majority rules my friend, and you can't seem to accept that what you think may not actually be the consensus. so kick rocks old timer. REAL TALK Baby Bubba, Get some coffee Ralph

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 5:59 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
Run DMC wishes they had the career Wu-Tang had.

LMAO...shut up Pac!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 6:00 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
Run DMC wishes they had the career Wu-Tang had.

If it weren't for Run-DMC, there would have never been a Wu-Tang Clan!!!!!


Last edited by KJ Styles on Mon 21 Sep 2009, 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 6:00 pm

T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
The Real Real Jeru wrote:
Funny thing is... KJ and Powell never sit there and talk about how they were bumping RUN DMC the other day... in fact I've never met a RUN DMC fan boy...not like I met fans of all those other groups on the list... crazy... where are all these fans if this group is sooooo influential?

Let's face it, other than claims that the group was the first and made dope music FOR ITS TIME - there is very little in influence as far as making an impression on the game.

Musically it is close because as a group I might even concede that RUN DMC may have more classics, but even so - Wu-Tang's highs are on a completely different level.

The words of a TEXAN whose 26 years old and loves Nickatina...are you really going to put any stock into anything he says??? he grew up when Bow Wow was hot and has lived underneath a sticker bush his entire life with limited access to TV's, phones or other modern things that we take for granted..lol SRP shut up man!

and the words of a 39 year old New Yorker don't ooze bias? I put stock in the opinions of an entire forum from different backgrounds, skin color, location, and age as opposed to taking the word of a 39 year old New Yorker. Majority rules my friend, and you can't seem to accept that what you think may not actually be the consensus. so kick rocks old timer. REAL TALK Baby Bubba, Get some coffee Ralph

Umm that's 38 lil man but thanks for biting my ideas though...if ya listened you might have learned something this time...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 6:01 pm

D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
The Real Real Jeru wrote:
Funny thing is... KJ and Powell never sit there and talk about how they were bumping RUN DMC the other day... in fact I've never met a RUN DMC fan boy...not like I met fans of all those other groups on the list... crazy... where are all these fans if this group is sooooo influential?

Let's face it, other than claims that the group was the first and made dope music FOR ITS TIME - there is very little in influence as far as making an impression on the game.

Musically it is close because as a group I might even concede that RUN DMC may have more classics, but even so - Wu-Tang's highs are on a completely different level.

The words of a TEXAN whose 26 years old and loves Nickatina...are you really going to put any stock into anything he says??? he grew up when Bow Wow was hot and has lived underneath a sticker bush his entire life with limited access to TV's, phones or other modern things that we take for granted..lol SRP shut up man!

and the words of a 39 year old New Yorker don't ooze bias? I put stock in the opinions of an entire forum from different backgrounds, skin color, location, and age as opposed to taking the word of a 39 year old New Yorker. Majority rules my friend, and you can't seem to accept that what you think may not actually be the consensus. so kick rocks old timer. REAL TALK Baby Bubba, Get some coffee Ralph

Umm that's 38 lil man but thanks for biting my ideas though...if ya listened you might have learned something this time...

I've learned plenty from you, but we just don't see eye to eye on this one

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 6:03 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
2Pac's Ghost wrote:
Run DMC wishes they had the career Wu-Tang had.

If it weren't for Run-DMC, there would have never been a Wu-Tang Clan!!!!!

If it weren't for my dad, i would not be here, but i'm damn sure a better father. Coming first doesn't mean they are better KJ. If there wasn't a Grandmaster Flash & The Furious 5, would there be a Public Enemy?

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 6:06 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
2Pac's Ghost wrote:
Run DMC wishes they had the career Wu-Tang had.

If it weren't for Run-DMC, there would have never been a Wu-Tang Clan!!!!!

If it weren't for my dad, i would not be here, but i'm damn sure a better father. Coming first doesn't mean they are better KJ. If there wasn't a Grandmaster Flash & The Furious 5, would there be a Public Enemy?

I was just replying to Steve's ignorant ass statement.

Seriously, while Wu may be more talented overall, Run-DMC is JUST AS RESPECTED by hip-hop nation if not more so. Anybody that says otherwise is a complete and total retard.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 6:08 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
2Pac's Ghost wrote:
Run DMC wishes they had the career Wu-Tang had.

If it weren't for Run-DMC, there would have never been a Wu-Tang Clan!!!!!

If it weren't for my dad, i would not be here, but i'm damn sure a better father. Coming first doesn't mean they are better KJ. If there wasn't a Grandmaster Flash & The Furious 5, would there be a Public Enemy?

I was just replying to Steve's ignorant ass statement.

Seriously, while Wu may be more talented overall, Run-DMC is JUST AS RESPECTED by hip-hop nation if not more so. Anybody that says otherwise is a complete and total retard.

I agree. They deserve all the respect they get.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 6:09 pm

you guys are seriously a joke, a running caricature - kj, its no wonder you make shit for money as a janitor and live in your parents basement.

and powell, youre like a bobblehead...bobble bobble bobble.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 6:18 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
you guys are seriously a joke, a running caricature - kj, its no wonder you make shit for money as a janitor and live in your parents basement.

and powell, youre like a bobblehead...bobble bobble bobble.

I make 40K a year, and within 2 years I will be making over 200K a year!!! I work as a window cleaner, not a fuckin janitor you cocksucking bastard!

As for me living at home, the ONLY reason I do so is because I will inherit this crib when my father retires, or at the very least that or have enough credit established so I can purchase my own home.

I did live on my own from 2002-2007, I only moved back home because I was dealin with a trifling, lying, gold-digging bitch at the time who I got rid of. I could have gotten my own place, but my mom said to me "If you want you can come back here, this way you'll build your credit up so you can own (not rent) your next crib".

That combined with inheriting my own business sounded good to me, so I went for it.

Not to mention getting all the privacy I want and need. To quote Special Ed....I GOT IT MADE!

So fuck you, and the horse you rode it in on, BITCH!
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Mon 21 Sep 2009, 7:00 pm

"...I work as a window cleaner, not a fuckin janitor you cocksucking bastard!"

lol
That's some angry shit...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Tue 22 Sep 2009, 12:06 am

^ LMAO i was laughing my ass of when i read that too
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
avatar

Posts : 5364
Join date : 2009-06-11
Age : 35
Location : Minneapolis, MN

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Tue 22 Sep 2009, 10:16 pm

It depends on how you interpret the question: "Who is better?"

So instead of reading through the bullshit of "how" you should vote, I went ahead and just voted Run-DMC because the have a better group discography than Wu-Tang. 4 classics, not just 1.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Tue 22 Sep 2009, 10:38 pm

I've gotta go with Wu on this one. True, Run Dmc did change the game, but Wu had the greater impact,plus serious longevity IMO.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 1:07 pm

a.scott wrote:
I've gotta go with Wu on this one. True, Run Dmc did change the game, but Wu had the greater impact,plus serious longevity IMO.

I gotta disagrre with you A.Scott right here in that Run-D.M.C. did more than just change the game, they re-invented it..they are one of the reasons why Wu-Tang even exists, they are one the reasons why RZA decided to even start doing business the way he was doing it, that's why I think this thread is completely stupid...

who's better between Wu-Tang and Run-D.M.C. is like asking which one of your biological kids do you love more?? it's a stupid question... anyway here is Run-D.M.C.'s wiki and Wu-Tang's wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run-D.M.C.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu-Tang_Clan


two incredible examples of hip-hop culture and music on full display right there!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 4:52 pm

that whole "wu-tang" wouldnt exist argument is so stupid and so played out. If that were the case Grandmaster Flash, Afrika Bamabata, Kurtis Blow, Sugarhill gang, etc. are all INFINITELY more important than run dmc.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 4:58 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
that whole "wu-tang" wouldnt exist argument is so stupid and so played out. If that were the case Grandmaster Flash, Afrika Bamabata, Kurtis Blow, Sugarhill gang, etc. are all INFINITELY more important than run dmc.

Ummmm WRONG!

No disrespect to any of the above artists, but the reason why Run-DMC is so important is because they made it possible for rappers to get heavy rotation on the radio and TV. They made it possible for rappers to go platinum. They made it possible for rappers to be able to endorse products. Most of all, They made it possible for hip-hop to be recognized WORLDWIDE as a legitimate music genre.

Hence, Run-DMC is the most important AND influential rap act of all time. Even the members of Wu-Tang would tell you that.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 5:15 pm

Hey fool, what did they influence. Look it up in a fuckin' dictionary. They did not INFLUENCE anything anywhere near an artist like Wu-Tang, Rakim, KRS, 2pac, Biggie, Jay-Z, etc. has.

An argument could be made for most important, maybe. You can't call the teenager of rap most important, because then an argument could be made for the baby as well based on that. Plus they didn't make rap a "man" like other people did with true milestones MUCH bigger than that.

Plus, who cares about making something more popular in the mainstream, which is all they did. They whored out rap to rock (walk this way anyone?), and were fuckin' jokers with all their jewelry and coonery, just like Lil' Wayne and other commercial rappers.


Were they the first to win a Grammy? The first in the Rock N. Roll hall of fame? The first to be in a movie? The first ______________? No, and they haven't been the best, or the biggest of anything either. NOBODY tried to rhyme like them, nobody tried to DJ like JMJ, and yeah they inspired some fads and shit like that, but no real style like many other rappers have.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 5:51 pm

Who besides King Just has tried to rhyme like the Wu-Tang Clan???

I know some have borrowed their mafiso ideas in terms of the way they use different names but the whole mafiso experience was started by Kool G Rap anyway..

who tried to Dj like RZA???

Ummm Pac, shut up man...you lost this debate when you first opened your mouth about stuff that you have no fuckin clue about.....SHUT UP!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 5:52 pm

Run-D.M.C. is the most important and influential group to EVER do hip-hop music...who cares what Pac Jr. thinks?? he really doesn't know what the FUCK he's talking about...

Wu-Tang has it on the talent end and Run/Dee and Jay have it on the influence and important to the culture end.....plain and simple!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 5:58 pm

Once again, and no examples. Wu-Tang has 500 spinoffs, not to mention their impact on popular culture, music videos, music contracts, rise in the industry, etc.

RZA has 500 clone producers.

And nobody has tried to rhyme like GZA, Method Man, Raekwon, GFK?


LMAO you senile old fuck put your stupid ass to bed. Once again you have NO facts and NOTHING substantial to say to my VERY substantial and FACT based arguments.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 6:13 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
Hey fool, what did they influence. Look it up in a fuckin' dictionary.

in⋅flu⋅ence  /ˈɪnfluəns/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [in-floo-uhns] Show IPA noun, verb, -enced, -enc⋅ing.
Use influence in a Sentence
See web results for influence
See images of influence
–noun 1. the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others: He used family influence to get the contract.
2. the action or process of producing effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of another or others: Her mother's influence made her stay.
3. a person or thing that exerts influence: He is an influence for the good.

Run-DMC fits ALL of the above criteria you douchebag!

1. They were a compelling force because they were EASILY recognizable by people of all races all around the world. Even today, when you mention rap music, the first artists that come out of many people's mouths is Run-DMC.

2. They produced effects because they made it possible for us to enjoy rap on the grand scale that we do today. Say what you want about them, but if it weren't for them, rap's landscape would be VERY different. Only a fool like you would think otherwise.

3. See above, Run-DMC is ALL that's good about the history of hip-hop. Everyone that's EVER picked up a microphone respects them and their legacy.

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
They did not INFLUENCE anything anywhere near an artist like Wu-Tang, Rakim, KRS, 2pac, Biggie, Jay-Z, etc. has.

BULLSHIT!!!! It seems that your ONLY definition of influence is getting people to rhyme like you. Well, that's BS. Because Run-DMC influenced ALL OF THOSE ACTS to want to be rappers in the first place. I've heard RZA say that he was influenced by JMJ, and all of the above artists were huge Run-DMC fans growing up and bumped the shit out of their albums. I've heard cats like Rakim, LL, KRS, Biggie, Nas, Chuck D, and even NWA say that they started rapping because of Run-DMC. How is that not influence???

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
An argument could be made for most important, maybe. You can't call the teenager of rap most important, because then an argument could be made for the baby as well based on that. Plus they didn't make rap a "man" like other people did with true milestones MUCH bigger than that.

They put rap on the map you jackass!!! Sure, rap was around before them, but they're the ones that made rap a legit artform. Before them, it wasn't getting frequent airplay anywhere except in the hood. Radio and TV weren't playing if often IF AT ALL before Run-DMC.

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
Plus, who cares about making something more popular in the mainstream

Mainstream popularity is the reason WHY WE HAVE RAP IN THE FIRST PLACE, JACKASS!!!! Would you rather have rap get minimal airplay? That's what it was like back then. Not to mention that we had no internet back then, so there wasn't even a FRACTION as much exposure to rap music as their is now.

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
which is all they did. They whored out rap to rock (walk this way anyone?), and were fuckin' jokers with all their jewelry and coonery, just like Lil' Wayne and other commercial rappers.

Again, because your simple minded ass doesn't get it....WALK THIS WAY OPENED DOORS FOR HIP-HOP TO BE ACCEPTED AMONG ALL RACES AND MADE IT BECOME A WORLDWIDE PHENOMENON. Whether you like Walk This Way or not, it's EASILY one of the most important (if not THE most important) rap song of all time.

Because of Walk This Way, Raising Hell sell 3 million copies, which at the time was unprecedented for rap artists. The media then started taking rap music SERIOUSLY and radio stations and MTV were playing it on a regular basis. Public Enemy has collabed with Anthrax, and Wu-Tang has collabed with Limp Biskit, I bet you don't consider that whoring out rap music, do you Steven?

And how can you call wearing gold chains and rockin Adidas "coonery"? They brought STYLE to rap music. EVERYBODY from rappers to kids on the street were rockin gold chains and Adidas back then AND STILL DO!! Just like people were rockin bandanas because of your lover 2Pac, I bet you don't consider that coonery!

See, people like me and Powell can speak on this because WE GREW UP IN THAT ERA. People like you and Clancey didn't, so y'all can't.

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
Were they the first to win a Grammy? The first in the Rock N. Roll hall of fame? The first to be in a movie? The first ______________? No, and they haven't been the best, or the biggest of anything either. NOBODY tried to rhyme like them, nobody tried to DJ like JMJ, and yeah they inspired some fads and shit like that, but no real style like many other rappers have.

First of all dumbass, YES THEY WERE THE FIRST RAP ACT TO WIN A GRAMMY!! Here's some of their list of firsts...

A #1 R&B charting rap album
The second rap act to appear on American Bandstand (the Sugar Hill Gang appeared first on the program in 1981)
The first rap act to chart in the Top 40 of the Billboard Hot 100 more than once
The first rap artist with a top 10 pop charting rap album
The first rap artist with RIAA-certified gold, platinum, and multi-platinum albums
The first rap act to appear on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine
The first rap act to receive a Grammy Award nomination
The first rap act to make a video appearance on MTV
The first rap act to perform at an arena
The first rap act to have sold-out concerts
Signed to an athletic product endorsement deal (Adidas)

They were the 2nd in the Rock N Roll HOF. But to this day, only them and Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five are in.

All this amounts to is that you're a Run-DMC HATER!!! Plain and fuckin simple. There's no other explanation.

All you presented to this debate are your biased opinions, and I've presented FACTS!!!

They weren't the best or biggest of anything??? BULLSHIT!!! They are to rap music what MLK is to the civil rights movement, what Muhammad Ali was to boxing, what Jackie Robinson was to baseball, what Michael Jackson was to popular music in general. They gave it WORLDWIDE exposure.

Influence isn't just about who copies you (although when most acts heard them in the mid-80's, it made them wanna become rappers) it's about what you do for your profession and how you've made it grow into something special. Run-DMC has done that moreso than ANY rap act in history. Point blank, PERIOD!!!

You can reply with your petty insults all you want. But I KNOW that I'm right and you're wrong and NOTHING that comes out of your mouth will convince me otherwise.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 6:21 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
Once again, and no examples. Wu-Tang has 500 spinoffs, not to mention their impact on popular culture, music videos, music contracts, rise in the industry, etc.

RZA has 500 clone producers.

And nobody has tried to rhyme like GZA, Method Man, Raekwon, GFK?


LMAO you senile old fuck put your stupid ass to bed. Once again you have NO facts and NOTHING substantial to say to my VERY substantial and FACT based arguments.

Who tried to rhyme like GZA,Method Man,Raekwon and GFK???? WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....I'm going in owl style on you cause today your dumb...

Who are the clone producers of RZA??

And I already know of the groups that Wu-Tang spawned...so what..Run-D.M.C spawned an entire generation.....motivated an entire generation of emcees...like I said you don't know what the fuck your talking about...your just drooling out of ya young ass mouth...go get a bib Pac...your sloppy today man...real talk...ever since this topic has come up you just appear dumb and dumber....
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 6:24 pm

Today ladies and gentlemen Steven has converted back into that fool Soul Seeker...remember him??

that lost poster who sought to possess everyone's soul including 2Pac's??

What up Soul Seeker?? let me know when Steve returns okay??
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 6:26 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Today ladies and gentlemen Steven has converted back into that fool Soul Seeker...remember him??

that lost poster who sought to possess everyone's soul including 2Pac's??

What up Soul Seeker?? let me know when Steve returns okay??

Powell, to quote Soul Seeker's lord and saviour 2Pac "THAT WAS THE REALEST SHIT YOU EVER WROTE!!!"
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 6:39 pm

lets see theres tons of people trying to be Rza everywhere:

4th disciple, true master, mathematics ...they get a pass though

Stoupe is heavily influenced by him,
Kanye is HEAVILY influenced by him...just listen to "Heartless" you can hear "Liquid Swords" (the song) influenced all over that

J Dilla
Bronze Nazareth
Decompoze
PF Cuttin
Blue Sky Black Death
Snowgoons
DJ Muggs' newer material
Shuko
Southpaw
DJ Devastator
Agallah


EVERY underground Myspace producer tries to be him or Primo and fails miserably
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 6:41 pm

A #1 R&B charting rap album
Were they the 1st to have 11 #1 albums?

The second rap act to appear on American Bandstand (the Sugar Hill Gang appeared first on the program in 1981)
[b]No one cares[/b]

The first rap act to chart in the Top 40 of the Billboard Hot 100 more than once
Do they have the most Top 40's???????

The first rap artist with a top 10 pop charting rap album
Do they have the most top 10 pop charting albums?

The first rap artist with RIAA-certified gold, platinum, and multi-platinum albums
Do they have any quadruple plat? 5x plat? 6x plat? 7x plat? 8x plat? 9x plat? Diamond? Have rappers outsold their DISCOG with ONE album?

The first rap act to appear on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine
Did they ever OWN a magazine?

The first rap act to receive a Grammy Award nomination
DID they WIN...fucking fool, calling them the first to win, DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince were you posing ass clown

The first rap act to make a video appearance on MTV
Do they have the most videos on MTV?

The first rap act to perform at an arena
Have they performed at more arenas than anyone else?

The first rap act to have sold-out concerts
Have they had the most sold-out concerts? Can they sell out a concert today?

Signed to an athletic product endorsement deal (Adidas)
Do they have the highest endorsement contract ever? Do they have the most ever?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 6:43 pm

^^^^^^

THAT my friends is most influential....is the bunny who opened up a block and got it on and popping more influential than the don who runs the corner now, sold more weight than the middle dude ever did, was bigger than he ever was, has more of everything that he ever did, etc.?

They have ZERO rappers influenced (besides shoutouts, which every old school rapper has), ZERO producers influenced, ZERO DJs influenced, ZERO impact on the game after 1997 (being generous, and no different impact than any other PIONEER, and many pioneers had MUCH MORE)

You guys are fucking stupid, and wrong, and have NOTHING to back it up. Go run to wiki now you old ass retards.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Wed 23 Sep 2009, 6:49 pm

And by the way KJ, you're six years older than me...so you grew up in a different era than me? Simpleminded fool, and EVERY single one of you "refuted" statements is wrong, or biased, or can be applied to any number of rappers.

Like I said above, they ain't sold the most, or changed the most, or done the most, or still matter to anyone but fat flabby out wanna be NY bastards who moved out of state.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   

Back to top Go down
 
Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Classic Album: The Brave - Battle Cries
» Cadia NEW Female Rock/Pop Group
» Dave Paris Group
» Stalk-Forrest Group
» SHPH FB Group Registration

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Classic Threads and Discussions-
Jump to: