80% [ 16 ]
Run DMC
20%
 20% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 3:45 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I don't have to show you. Everyone knows you said it my man. Senility is a crazy thing, isn't it? As for the PE videos, why bother? most people already agree with me.

Also, i will say what i want when i want to. telling me to shut up is just a way for you to puff out your chest and stroke your ego. I hope it makes you feel bigger and badder.

The only one that thinks I said that is you, and you've been the only saying I said it for awhile now....show me the quote or your a liar....plain and simple Terry, as for everyone else agreeing with you well that doesn't mean anything in the long run either now does it??
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 3:49 pm

EVERYONE knows you said it. you can beleive me or not. It makes no difference to me. As a matter of fact, i think you said it on Steve's forum, and those posts aren't available any longer, are they? you can keep cursing and insulting if you'd like, but i am done with this particular convo, and this thread in general unless something else comes up.

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 5:31 pm

Yeah... powell said... we all remember it clearly - I believe he was complaining about Brand Nubian's place in our Top 100 list and then said Grand Puba was Top 5 DOA at one point... then he said other people thought so at the time - and now I guess he is changing it yet again...

And once again Kid Joe hits the nail on the head...and on powell's coffin...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 6:36 pm

I remember it clearly, it sounds as stupid now as it did then.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 7:54 pm

The only people that "remember" I said that are the 3 idiots who most want to disagree with most things that I do say anyway...so again I challenge all 3 idiots and e-butt buddies to find that quote and show me otherwise the 3 lemon pops should all just shut the fuck up! lol...you 3 dopes take this forum shit too seriously and just continously tongue kiss each others e-booty...that's nasty man...lol
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 8:16 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
Run DMC can't touch Wu on a global scale, that much is fact. Anywhere Wu goes in the world, the bees will swarm. Run DMC has never been that.

Seriously Parker? I think it'd be just the opposite. Both would be big, but Run-DMC is a way bigger deal. I don't even see how it's possible for Wu Tang to do what Run-DMC did...ever...not a fucking chance. Run-DMC not only paved the way for rappers and producers to follow, but they paved the way for those artists to also become among the most influential hip-hop artists of all time as well. The influence goes way deeper than that first wave of hip-hop...let alone waves 2 and 3. I don't see how Wu-Tang could even compete on that level....they can't.

Day 3 and all I can do is shake my head at some of these comments...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 8:17 pm

Pounds, your opinion is null and void - fat white graphic designers are not hiphop.
Back to top Go down
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 8:24 pm

Is 5'11", 205 lbs. fat?

Oh wait, I forgot, you only like scrawny homo thuggin' blond-haired blue-eyed white boys that wear make-up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 8:35 pm

Alan wrote:

Seriously Parker? I think it'd be just the opposite. Both would be big, but Run-DMC is a way bigger deal. I don't even see how it's possible for Wu Tang to do what Run-DMC did...ever...not a fucking chance. Run-DMC not only paved the way for rappers and producers to follow, but they paved the way for those artists to also become among the most influential hip-hop artists of all time as well. The influence goes way deeper than that first wave of hip-hop...let alone waves 2 and 3. I don't see how Wu-Tang could even compete on that level....they can't.

Day 3 and all I can do is shake my head at some of these comments...

Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Thu 24 Sep 2009, 10:42 pm

You guys make no sense. If you go to any college, anywhere, I'll garauntee almost every kid there is familiar with at least some of Wu's music. Asian kids, white kids, hippies, athletes, computer nerds, everyone.

It's been like that for at least a decade.

And there is absolutely no way that Run DMC can fuck with Wu's legions of fans worldwide. You are just nuts if you don't recognize that.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 12:14 am

Kid Joe wrote:
You guys make no sense. If you go to any college, anywhere, I'll garauntee almost every kid there is familiar with at least some of Wu's music. Asian kids, white kids, hippies, athletes, computer nerds, everyone.

And there is absolutely no way that Run DMC can fuck with Wu's legions of fans worldwide. You are just nuts if you don't recognize that.

In my campus all these faggots wear shirts that look like the RUN DMC lbut they just say RUN and then some random ass 3 letters, don't know what the fuck that's all about. I wear my Wu shirt every now and then and no one really says anything, but then again, I've met a few people who do listen to some good hip hop.I wouldn't say almost everyone knows about Wu, just a bigger population then normal.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 12:56 am

I've seen those shirts, Esco.

Around my campus, I see a lot more Wu shirts than Run-DMc shirts. Then again, my campus is probably 85% white, so I can see why that would be. As THIS KID NAMED DWAN (notice I didn't say black kid?) said at my high school, "white people love Wu-Tang"

[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 1:38 am

Shaun wrote:

Around my campus, I see a lot more Wu shirts than Run-DMc shirts. Then again, my campus is probably 85% white, so I can see why that would be. As THIS KID NAMED DWAN (notice I didn't say black kid?) said at my high school, "white people love Wu-Tang"

That doesn't make sense that only white people like WU Tang, fuck Dwan. Anyway it must be that I'm in south GA that no one listens to Wu and its Lil Wayne town over here. I hear his shit everywhere and everyone biggs it up so much, and they just play mixtape after mixtape and album from the dude, it hurts my earss!!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 7:33 am

Kid Joe wrote:

Now "Kid" Joe knows what the WORLDS college kids are listening too and wearing, he's a prophet, he's a preacher, he's been around the world in his own mind travels, I think he's just plain CRAZY and always have, I mean your talking about a guy who at one time adopted his dog's name as his own....anyone remember "LEONARD"???

Run himself has already made you null and void "Kid" Joe, everything you've said from then on has been extremely redundant and stupid but you like to appear intelligent...kill it "Kid" Joe, your not capable of changing anyone's mind man...lol
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 11:28 am

way to be drunk, Esco

[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""

Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 12:24 pm

Powell, I understand where you're coming from. I know that Run DMC broke down a lot of barriers and put hip hop on everyone's television.

I'm saying that Wu's impact, the amount of fans they were able to win, can't be compared.

Run DMC put hip hop on the map, but Wu had crowds flocking to hip hop that never would have before.

Just look at Walk This Way. When that shit dropped, white people in their thirties were not pleased. Ten years later, white people in their thirties were standing in
line for Wu Tang Forever.

That's an entire generation of fans that Run DMC didn't get. And you can say that the new kids love Run DMC, too, but we all know that young fans don't usually look at the old school.

Which is another area where Wu kills it. Run DMC couldn't sell new albums in the mid nineties. It's almost 2010, and Wu is still in the public eye.

They may not be as popular as Wayne, but they are more popular than Run DMC was ten years ago.

Everything aside, you ought to think about how weak you look when resorting to benign personal attacks. My screen name? Really? That affects my point?

I'm just as frustrated with you as you are with me. Be a fuckin man and debate the issue. Stop trying to derail the convo by baiting me like a bitch would.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Fri 25 Sep 2009, 2:04 pm

I'm not baiting you man, I just like messing with you that's all

as far as the Run-D.M.C. issue goes nobody here is going to change their mind because both individuals think they are correct on this issue so I guess it stands as it stands! and it's all good that way too...
Back to top Go down
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Sat 26 Sep 2009, 8:35 am

Kid Joe wrote:

You can find WAY more college kids who know Run-DMC in MN. I can't tell you how many people my own age that have asked me "what is Wu-Tang?" when I wear my Wu-Tang shirt. You definitely see more people familiar with Run-DMC.

So again, I think it's the exact opposite of what you're saying here. You are just nuts if you don't recognize that.
Back to top Go down
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Sat 26 Sep 2009, 8:40 am

Shaun wrote:

I'd venture to guess white people like Run-DMC more than Wu Tang in general. Run-DMC (& Beastie Boys) were responsible for getting hip-hop out to white suburbia. Wu-Tang is more hardcore and more street, and RZA brought a dense sound to the scene, while Run-DMC was using elements of music white people already loved.

I guess colleges are all different, but way more people knew Run-DMC than Wu-Tang in both the high school and college I went to.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Sat 26 Sep 2009, 8:48 am

You're being racist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Sat 26 Sep 2009, 8:53 am

Alan wrote:
Shaun wrote:

I'd venture to guess white people like Run-DMC more than Wu Tang in general. Run-DMC (& Beastie Boys) were responsible for getting hip-hop out to white suburbia. Wu-Tang is more hardcore and more street, and RZA brought a dense sound to the scene, while Run-DMC was using elements of music white people already loved.

I guess colleges are all different, but way more people knew Run-DMC than Wu-Tang in both the high school and college I went to.

LMAO...so pounds, in high school you hated rap, but you polled everyone on who they knew, wutang or run dmc?
Back to top Go down
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Sat 26 Sep 2009, 9:11 am

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
Alan wrote:
Shaun wrote:

LMAO...so pounds, in high school you hated rap, but you polled everyone on who they knew, wutang or run dmc?

I didn't hate rap in high school. I did listen to Run-DMC & Beastie Boys though. And a lot of other folks did as well. Of the people who didn't even care for rap as a whole (like myself at the time), there were tons who also liked Run-DMC & Beastie Boys, and many didn't know or even cared about Wu-Tang.
Back to top Go down
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Sat 26 Sep 2009, 9:11 am

Kid Joe wrote:
You're being racist.

Who are you talking to?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   Sat 26 Sep 2009, 2:56 pm

You, crackerfacewhiteyMcvanilla

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang   

Back to top Go down

Group Battle Day 1: Run-DMC vs. Wu-Tang
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3